Give me bad advice...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
It'll work totally work. It's "Sarah, Plain and Tall" ;)

Hi Sculpt!

I'm so sorry, I saw your other post asking about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in another thread and would you believe I've never seen it?!

So sorry, I meant to answer but got distracted.

And I'm sorry I seem to be striking out on all the movies you've asked about. 🥺

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
If you don't want to waste time boiling water to make pasta for dinner, just boil a whole bunch of it at once and freeze it for later.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Sarah Plain and Tall is a fictions childrens book and has a reputation for being the shortest novel so children used to read it for class as it was shorts and could finish in one sitting, but it is so last century that nobody would bother to read it now.

I thought Little House on the Paraire was a better series of books though people dont actually live on Pararies (sp?) anymore. Laura Ingalls Wilder who wrote it, married Alamanzo, and there is a book about how he was working from 8 years old on the farm, child labour laws not being invented yet.

Her dad was being chased by debt collectors which was why they moved around so much but this was never mentioned in the books. Her mother wanted to live in town to be round other people, but her crazy dad had other ideas, and they literally had to keep the wolves from the doors.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sorry my advice would be...when or if you get married, go live in the middle of nowhere with your spouse so they cant cheat on you as they will be stuck at home all day with nowhere to go.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
sorry my advice would be...when or if you get married, go live in the middle of nowhere with your spouse so they cant cheat on you as they will be stuck at home all day with nowhere to go.
Or like The Swiss Family Robinson, take them to a deserted island. ;)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
BTW I saw a pic of Laura Ingall's Wilder's Pa, and he really looks to me like Rasputin.

They were kind of like hippies before it was cool to be hippies, going back to the land and all.
The hippies soon learned how hard it was to work the land and most communes and homesteads never actually paid their way and went bankrupt.

N

NathanielWillfordMitchell

Hi pip. I'm looking for a woman friend. Would you like to chat?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You are in the bad advice thread. That is a startling coincidence, as asking for a "woman friend" here in this forum seems to be very bad advice.

My bad advice: Keep looking for a woman friend on internet forums. You're bound to find a good one eventually. :cool:

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
My bad advice - if you want to impress a lady, do what king David did. Bring 200 foreskins to your father-in-law-to-be, and she's as good as married already. This works for princesses, so presumably, regular girls won't need so many.

1 Samuel 18:27 Wherefore David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full tale to the king, that he might be the king's son in law. And Saul gave him Michal his daughter to wife.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
My bad advice - if you want to impress a lady, do what king David did. Bring 200 foreskins to your father-in-law-to-be, and she's as good as married already. This works for princesses, so presumably, regular girls won't need so many.

1 Samuel 18:27 Wherefore David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full tale to the king, that he might be the king's son in law. And Saul gave him Michal his daughter to wife.
oh great. Now I have to drag out that t shirt I wore the last time this happened.....

can't be too careful around here.....

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia

You bring my dad 200 foreskins he's probably gonna call the police on you, just saying

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
You bring my dad 200 foreskins he's probably gonna call the police on you, just saying
Well, I would say thanks for the tip-off, but I wouldn't want your dad to misconstrue my meaning... :p

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
This is bad advice thread. That sounds like good advice. Bad advice is probably "You'll be his favourite son-in-law, he'll probably ask all his other sons-in-law (and/or daughters-in-law) why they can't be more like you, and he'll probably write you into his will for sure!" :p

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
This is bad advice thread. That sounds like good advice. Bad advice is probably "You'll be his favourite son-in-law, he'll probably ask all his other sons-in-law (and/or daughters-in-law) why they can't be more like you, and he'll probably write you into his will for sure!" :p
And he'll probably give you a coat of many colors.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
You guys crack me up. Guess that makes me a cracked up fruitcake, I'm sounding more and more like a catch everyday 20231014_133723.jpg

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
You guys crack me up. Guess that makes me a cracked up fruitcake, I'm sounding more and more like a catch everyday
If you find you're getting too many inferior suitors, just let us know, and we'll put out the word your dad has increased your bride price to 400! That ought to thin out some of the time-wasters. :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If you find you're getting too many inferior suitors, just let us know, and we'll put out the word your dad has increased your bride price to 400! That ought to thin out some of the time-wasters. :p
How much does that add up to in donkeys and mules?