Two different things come to mind...becoming slaves of God and giving God the Glory.
In going in, hashing these ideas, I most definitely am able to see how they are linked.
We see in the word, and in our lives that we are limited in our natural flesh. We have a propensity to do that which we shouldn't, or not do that which we should. We all viscerally know the war going on between our flesh and the Spirit of God.
So what do we do…
Have you ever noticed that when you are grateful, giving God the glory, or when you are weak and you seek Him more, faith builds? I came across a really powerful verse, it reads…
No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God,
Romans 4:20 ESV
As faith grows, so does our desire to awaken our awareness of pleasing and honoring Him in all that we say, think, feel, and do. I'm not suggesting it is merely mind over matter or that the sanctification process is simple or that we will become perfect humans.
Pfft at that idea.
Is a matter of fact, the quest for perfection relies too much on self. Rather, I am noticing that as I put my focus on Him and His Glory, the more natural it becomes for me to walk in His Spirit. Faith is a lovely concept and so transformative and powerful in application. It all starts and ends with Him.
Lord…
You are the boss of me. I am so sorry when I think and act otherwise. I want Your guidance. I want to look for You earnestly. Everytime, I get a glimpse of Your authority in my life, the more I see the goodness of Your radiant Glory. You are everything and I never want to take You for granted, not in the good times, nor in the very uncomfortable times. I want to give you all the Glory and Praise, acknowledging You throughout my days. I do not always, but great is Your faithfulness.
Please touch and reveal Yourself in the lives of the family and friends You have given. As You woo them in the desert, please hold them in Your tender-mercies.
Thank You for building faith, and for showing us how to help increase it.
In going in, hashing these ideas, I most definitely am able to see how they are linked.
We see in the word, and in our lives that we are limited in our natural flesh. We have a propensity to do that which we shouldn't, or not do that which we should. We all viscerally know the war going on between our flesh and the Spirit of God.
So what do we do…
Have you ever noticed that when you are grateful, giving God the glory, or when you are weak and you seek Him more, faith builds? I came across a really powerful verse, it reads…
No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God,
Romans 4:20 ESV
As faith grows, so does our desire to awaken our awareness of pleasing and honoring Him in all that we say, think, feel, and do. I'm not suggesting it is merely mind over matter or that the sanctification process is simple or that we will become perfect humans.
Pfft at that idea.
Is a matter of fact, the quest for perfection relies too much on self. Rather, I am noticing that as I put my focus on Him and His Glory, the more natural it becomes for me to walk in His Spirit. Faith is a lovely concept and so transformative and powerful in application. It all starts and ends with Him.
Lord…
You are the boss of me. I am so sorry when I think and act otherwise. I want Your guidance. I want to look for You earnestly. Everytime, I get a glimpse of Your authority in my life, the more I see the goodness of Your radiant Glory. You are everything and I never want to take You for granted, not in the good times, nor in the very uncomfortable times. I want to give you all the Glory and Praise, acknowledging You throughout my days. I do not always, but great is Your faithfulness.
Please touch and reveal Yourself in the lives of the family and friends You have given. As You woo them in the desert, please hold them in Your tender-mercies.
Thank You for building faith, and for showing us how to help increase it.