God and Disease

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LPT

many animals have shown no fear when they have not yet met the big meat eaters

coincidence? how bout vegetarians? they have to be careful about getting enough of the B vitamins whereas us carnivores do not

mind I love vegetables...with a side of animal
I’ve never heard of a great white shark afraid of man but a dolphin more so hehe.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It was also spoken after The Flood, therefore after The Fall. Genesis 9:2-3 says, "And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered."" So, it still holds anyway.
No it does not. There is a big difference between mankind having dominion -- WITHOUT ENMITY -- over other creatures, and mankind being dreaded by animals, where the rule of the animal kingdom is to attack other animals for food all down the food chain. And mankind slaughtering wild animals indiscriminately.

That was not the original plan, since every creature -- including man -- was to be a herbivore.

GENESIS 1
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. [MEAT = FOOD]

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: [MEAT = FOOD] and it was so.

Furthermore, the dominion which was given to Adam and forfeited by him was transferred to Christ.

HEBREWS 2
But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?

7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Dec 15, 2018
Sin and sickness, death and corruption entered the world with the first sin.
Living in a fallen world, it seems to me God has been gracious considering the worse that could happen.
For Christians the worst would be dying without hope.
We not only have hope, we have assurance!
God never promised us a rose garden, we have no promise of a "tomorrow"
Love this old saying: never trouble Trouble until Trouble toubles you

" This is the day that the Lord has made
Let us rejoice and be glad in it"

Reminds me of another saying: I don't go looking for trouble but when trouble comes looking for me I step yards out of my way to meet it.

Dec 15, 2018
Stop blaming God, the creator of all things, for our problems, it is satan controlling mankind that makes things go wrong. Do you think that there would be a pandemic of STD brought about by our God? The Christian Scriptures definitely say that man shall not lay down with man and women shall not lay down with women, but they do and the government's of the world laud their presence.

God rested on the seventh day, so who is causing the trouble? You guessed it, or you missed the bus.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
I think you missed my point a bit. Eat healthy and live healthy is no guarantee for everyone to live illness and disease free for all of their days. An alcoholic great grandparent can cause you to be anemic. Less oxygen absorption in your body can cause all kinds of problems with none of it being your fault. Also, I never associated one’s health with how much God loves them. My point was simple. The OP was addressing why God created disease. My point was that disease helps “thin the herd”. If you have an environment that does not support a large population, then nature has a way to eliminate the numbers...like small pox. Our death, departure from this world isn’t a curse, it’s a blessing. It’s like early retirement. When there is genetic related illness that causes suffering, our death is like a factory recall, to prevent whole populations of deformities. When modern health jumps in and stops nature from taking its course we corrupt God’s design for natural selection. Instead of a little suffering for one person for a little while, in five hundred years you may have a thousand or more people all with prolonged suffering, sustaining the medical profession. Which caused the greater suffering?
At first i wish you a merry christmas and our Lords peace.
Then I would say, that deaseases are on cconsequence of the sin which Adam and Eva did in garden Eden. The purpose to "controle" the population i cant find in the bible. And when you realize the small number of bornagain christians, then we find, the most people will not face a blessing through their death, but judgement and eternal hell.
And i am shure we will not have 500 years till our Lord returns.

Dec 15, 2018
At first i wish you a merry christmas and our Lords peace.
Then I would say, that deaseases are on cconsequence of the sin which Adam and Eva did in garden Eden. The purpose to "controle" the population i cant find in the bible. And when you realize the small number of bornagain christians, then we find, the most people will not face a blessing through their death, but judgement and eternal hell.
And i am shure we will not have 500 years till our Lord returns.

A fine mixture of philosophies, I must say! 1. Evolution via Natural selection. 'Purpose to control' not Biblical, but an indication from your good self that it is in fact, fact. 2. I do not question the small number of Christians, it is a very narrow road. 3. Eternal Hell, up the pitchfork brigade...You say Hell, this firey place of torment created by God and given to satan, His vicious adversary as a present, which brings us into the hate god area. And finally, from me 4. God's creation was created with the idea of killing them off so that they could have the final "blessing"" of death...Yeah Right!

Salute' Short for Slurp!!!!

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
A fine mixture of philosophies, I must say! 1. Evolution via Natural selection. 'Purpose to control' not Biblical, but an indication from your good self that it is in fact, fact. 2. I do not question the small number of Christians, it is a very narrow road. 3. Eternal Hell, up the pitchfork brigade...You say Hell, this firey place of torment created by God and given to satan, His vicious adversary as a present, which brings us into the hate god area. And finally, from me 4. God's creation was created with the idea of killing them off so that they could have the final "blessing"" of death...Yeah Right!

Salute' Short for Slurp!!!!
Hm, i gave an reply to Hungrys post. So maby you misinterpreted what I wrote?
I do not belive in philosophie ore evolution theory. Gods word is for me the measure. In his word I cant find " the purpose of controle the population of people" In his word I find that everybody who has not Jesus Christ will be lost in eternity and will be judged, means end for eternity in the place we called hell.
Your 4. point is really strange to me. Death is the wages of sin. ( And through Adam and Eva sin death came into our world.) And this includet the whole creation. Till Jesus will create new heaven and new earth.

KALYNA18

Oct 25, 2016
Also, I don't see what multiplying and being fruitful/ having dominion, has to do with marrying and not getting divorced. :unsure:
Also, I don't see what multiplying and being fruitful/ having dominion, has to do with marrying and not getting divorced. :unsure:
The first sin, wasnt' the fall. as stated in the above tulip, it was Jealousy. When Cain was jealous over Abel his brother's offereing, it was in his heart. That Jealousy later turned into murder, when he killed his brother with a rock. Disobedience to God's Authority lead to the fall.