God, Country and Patriotism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

YDo

Dec 9, 2018
Anyone who uses the the Bible to condone slavery does not know Jesus.
Anyone who doesn't know Jesus was in the OT and that slavery is in the Bible doesn't read their Bible.

YDo

Dec 9, 2018
Slaves were free from being executed in their homeland as POW

Wow. Never realized American slavery was a favor to blacks.
It is always better to know the facts of history rather than believing propaganda.

I love my country asuch as the next man. It’s certainly a blessing to be born in a country that allows us the freedoms late out in the constitution but I think we’d be wrong to not view our country as we view ourselves. Born broken and lost and in need of redemption
A country is land and borders. It doesn't sin. It doesn't require redemption.
People are what make a name for a country. American's first amendment guarantees Christians don't make it a Theocracy.
Though Lord knows we tried when we could.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
And then there's the truth.

John Stafford Smith Composer of The Star Spangled Banner

Promoting falsehoods about its anthem and president proves you don't love your country.

If that falsehood makes you feel right, you're really pathetic.
Slaves were free from being executed in their homeland as POW's.
The slave excuse always pops when people have no better argument. Read the Bible. Slavery was approved by God. And Jews were allowed to own slaves as long as they weren't members of their same tribe.

Very good.
And veterans are none too fond of the anthem being disrespected. Some think its OK as a sign of freedom. Others not so much. Anyone who's all for freedom shouldn't carp about people being free to object to peoples disrespect of our country, our flag, and or our anthem.
yeah that's one of the reasons I'm not Christian because the Bible condones slavery which is immoral

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
yeah that's one of the reasons I'm not Christian because the Bible condones slavery which is immoral
The Bible does not condone anything bad. 'There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Jesus Christ'. Ro 8:1.

YDo

Dec 9, 2018
The Bible does not condone anything bad. 'There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Jesus Christ'. Ro 8:1.
They're not in Christ Jesus. As they admitted.
But they post on a forum dedicated to Christ Jesus. I take their picture as a visual representation of their motive for being here.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
They're not in Christ Jesus. As they admitted.
But they post on a forum dedicated to Christ Jesus. I take their picture as a visual representation of their motive for being here.
You stated you're not Christian, what are you?

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
God - Mariachi and California :ROFL:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Anyone who doesn't know Jesus was in the OT and that slavery is in the Bible doesn't read their Bible.
i read my Bible and it seems to tell me i'm not actually from this planet, much less this country or any other worldly principality.

my home is on a new earth that He has not yet made :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
well, Philemon, etc.
something amazing happens about 77% of the way through the Bible. something new

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Do Diests believe in a Godly heaven, if so how do Diests get there? Just curious.
I dont know. I believe there is probably some form of higher power that created the universe. The rest is speculation