God did away with some of His own sayings

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oh, I noticed her answered several posts and used scripture reference too. Hmm, maybe what you mean is... YOU are not being successful at turning the conversation into what YOU want it to be so YOU are going to continue to throw stones and vilify the thread... and the OP... and ME.... and anyone else who will not capitulate to your attempt to control the thread?

now that was a good one. who stated conditions to have a discussion??? you did. so, who is trying to control what??? post # 84.
 
I was just wondering how people can demean God's character be saying God did away with this or that of certain things He said previously in Biblical history. All that is revealed from a person that continues to say such things are showing that they can only see the carnal physical aspects of what should be seen as spiritual in the New Covenant. Can a person truthfully say that they have the indwelling Spirit in such cases, refusing to define, or being incapable of defining the spiritual understanding of God's spoken word?

It also should frighten some that say this, for it is clear that they are taking the “Lord's name in vain.” I read in posts quite often when referring to God's spoken word that He did away with it.
“God did away with that.”
“God did away with that.”
“That's been made void.”
“That part of His word has been abolished.”

That rhetoric repeated over and over actually makes me sick inside. Will we ever get past the carnal mindset by consistently labeling things as carnal when we should actually be searching diligently for the spiritual truth in all God has ever spoken?

He takes away the first so that He might establish the second (Heb 10.9).
 
I confess right away that I have not read every post on here...sorry.

Just wanted to say that is not FULFILLED the same as "did away with."
If I go to the bank and pay my bills at the end of the month..did I not " did away" with them
:)
 
Only if we demand to be lawless by rejecting it.

If our house burns down we are homeless.
If we demand not to say anything, we are speechless.
If we are fired, we are jobless.
If we are incoherent, we are mindless.
If we are asleep, we are fruitless.
If we are without fear, we are fearless.

Need I explain more? LOL

Yes you can, (but you never do when asked)

You can explain how the law which says do not covet can keep us from coveting?

You can explain how a ceremony, which was given to lead us to Christ, can make us more holy, and know Christ more than serving those around us who need served.


And you can show how people who believe we are resembling Christ when we set our minds on the spirit. Learn the law of Love, and base our christianity on servng others. and not on obeying a set of rules are lawless?
 
And so the truth of the OP comes to light. He fears lawlessness is a fruit of grace(at least the one we portray), which could be entailed a license to sin. As eternally-gratefull points out, this is a Law thread. The argument of whether we believe all of what God says is a call to obedience and the OP thinks this obedience is to the Law. BarlyGurl, do you see it for what it is now?

All of his threads sadly end up in that aspect. Thats why I get the way I do. I grew up in a judiazer (law obeying) church, and saw the damage it did to Gods people. how it kept people from God. and caused many to walk away from God (who can walk with God if they are TRULY focused on the law and how well they (IN REALITY) Obey it.

One can not be a lawyer, and think he is righteous, because no matter who we are. if we look at our life as compared to the whole law. All we can see is how much we fail, and how as paul said, "wretched" we really are.


The more I learn about Christ, the more of sinner I realize I am, I do not need the law to keep condemning me,
 
I confess right away that I have not read every post on here...sorry.

Just wanted to say that is not FULFILLED the same as "did away with."
If I go to the bank and pay my bills at the end of the month..did I not " did away" with them
:)

Yes you did, you are no longer required to pay that bill as it has been covered. If the bank tell you to pay it again, you need to show the receipt that its been paid in full. In the same way if the accuser tells you have fallen short of the glory of God, you get to point to Jesus Christ on the cross. He is your perfection, he is your righteousness. He has imputed His righteousness to you.
 
And so the truth of the OP comes to light. He fears lawlessness is a fruit of grace(at least the one we portray), which could be entailed a license to sin. As eternally-gratefull points out, this is a Law thread. The argument of whether we believe all of what God says is a call to obedience and the OP thinks this obedience is to the Law. BarlyGurl, do you see it for what it is now?

Honestly, I did not understand the previous post. I do happen to KNOW FOR CERTAIN there is an abundance of Precious spiritual truths to be found in the OT and I am a ABSOLUTELY SURE that I have not mined enough of them out. I still do not conclude... as you seem to Ben... that the OP is wanting/expecting anyone to resume practicing animal sacrifices, Jesuit priest inspections or that we are SINNING to wear clothing of blended fabrics. I do notice that it has been brought out that GOD"S LAWS are not nullified/made void so where we have the need for sacrifice... there is now a PERMANENT ONE... in CHrist Jesus. The NT covenant is LOVE GOD and Love thy neighbor.... so HOW ELSE are you going to know how to LOVE GOD if not by studying OT/Torah... ??
 
Honestly, I did not understand the previous post. I do happen to KNOW FOR CERTAIN there is an abundance of Precious spiritual truths to be found in the OT and I am a ABSOLUTELY SURE that I have not mined enough of them out. I still do not conclude... as you seem to Ben... that the OP is wanting/expecting anyone to resume practicing animal sacrifices, Jesuit priest inspections or that we are SINNING to wear clothing of blended fabrics. I do notice that it has been brought out that GOD"S LAWS are not nullified/made void so where we have the need for sacrifice... there is now a PERMANENT ONE... in CHrist Jesus. The NT covenant is LOVE GOD and Love thy neighbor.... so HOW ELSE are you going to know how to LOVE GOD if not by studying OT/Torah... ??

If it was only animal sacrifices, you would be correct. But it is far more than that. If you actually go back to when Just-Me first entered this chat room, you would see this.

There is ALOT to learn from the OT. No one here is saying we should throw it out. I actually love to do a study in the OT as well as the new. Unlike a few people I have heard who state we do not even need to read the OT, I have never stated such, nore would I recomend anyone never study or read the OT
 
There is ALOT to learn from the OT. No one here is saying we should throw it out. I actually love to do a study in the OT as well as the new. Unlike a few people I have heard who state we do not even need to read the OT, I have never stated such, nore would I recomend anyone never study or read the OT

It is POSSIBLE (and LIKELY) that no one means to be suggesting the OT be thrown out.... PTL!!! But I am aware... that there are MANY PEOPLE who do actually think exactly that!!! SO I am thinking it is important to construct some sort of conversation to EXPEL these wrong ideas from the minds of those people... and it is kinda tough to accomplish that when persons like you are thwarting the conversation and alluding I am a judiazer or a pharisee:mad:
 
And so the truth of the OP comes to light. He fears lawlessness is a fruit of grace(at least the one we portray), which could be entailed a license to sin. As eternally-gratefull points out, this is a Law thread. The argument of whether we believe all of what God says is a call to obedience and the OP thinks this obedience is to the Law. BarlyGurl, do you see it for what it is now?

If we reject God's word, we are Godless. So the law of God is part of God's spoken word. What makes this a law thread unless you desire it to be so? Check back in the posts. Who mentioned that first? So be it if that's what you want. I'm talking about all of God's word, not just a portion as the anti-law people desire. Anti-law (anti-Torah) is anti-God because He gave it. I didn't. Be Godless if you demand it in your life. The prophets are also a part of God's word. Why wasn't that mentioned by the anti-law people? Good grief! Do we have any anti-prophet people here? Guess not.
 
Why does what God has done make you sick inside?
I didn't say that. I said "That rhetoric repeated over and over actually makes me sick inside" referring what people say like “God did away with that.” “That's been made void.” “That part of His word has been abolished.” God's spoken word doesn't make me sick at all.
I agree with you, Just-Me, yet this is all that will become of this. People defending their positions instead of considering what you've said. If that means turning what you said into something else, so be it.

I admire your tenacity to keep trying, but I have a question for you. Don't you ever get tired of it turning into a game?

Okay, three questions, sorry about that. lol

What do you do that it doesn't become increasingly tedious to bash your head against the same walls? Has this ever changed a mind?
 
It is POSSIBLE (and LIKELY) that no one means to be suggesting the OT be thrown out.... PTL!!! But I am aware... that there are MANY PEOPLE who do actually think exactly that!!! SO I am thinking it is important to construct some sort of conversation to EXPEL these wrong ideas from the minds of those people... and it is kinda tough to accomplish that when persons like you are thwarting the conversation and alluding I am a judiazer or a pharisee:mad:

Another strawman

1. I never alluded you were a judiaser
2. You did not start the thread. Just-me did. and HE IS A JUDIASER
3. No one is disscussing whether we should throw the OY out or not. I think that has been well established by now. Evidently. you still think it is for whatever reason.
4. If that was the discussion. I would be right there with you explaining reasons why we should read the OT. But as again has already been established, that is not the purpose of this thread.
 
Another strawman. .

....<goes to kitchen, gets BBQ lighter, Returns to thread, sets ET's STRAWMAN on fire>... I will now conclude that YOU are going to continue to be dismissive about having a conversation by continuing to BELITTLE my comments in asserting my thoughts and ideas are some strawman construct. You can talk to yourself now.
 
Desiring God's word to disappear rather than our own iniquity is where the grave mistake take place. If we demand God's word to be seen as harmful rather than our own nature, we are making a grave mistake. Rather than focus on ourselves as inferior, we make it a habit to focus on God's 'old' word and calling it inferior instead.


I look to God, and as He reveals Himself, He also reveals me to myself because He looks at the heart of man. His grace causes me to see my inferiority. So what is the "law of liberty" minus certain spoken words of God? How can this liberty take full effect according to God's word if some of God's word is rejected because it cannot be understood spiritually? That frame of mind doesn't make it because the mirror of God's word, reflecting our true self cannot be seen if any portion of God's word is rejected purposefully, as the adversary desires. We see, we walk away, and purposefully forget who we really are because the reminder is too grievous for us to bear. So we say to ourselves how gracious it is that we are not burdened with those things that are supposed to disappear according to our own warped doctrine. Why should we break the mirror and deny ourselves the true "law of liberty" by replacing it with a fake one that distorts the true image?

James 1:21-25
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
[SUP]24 [/SUP]For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.


Who said anything about wanting to stay in iniquity? I simply understand that in Christ I am not in iniquity. It seems to me that you however would rather judge your iniquity on your own ability to obey the law. If that's not so then tell me in the simplest terms possible.
 
I agree with you, Just-Me, yet this is all that will become of this. People defending their positions instead of considering what you've said. If that means turning what you said into something else, so be it.

I admire your tenacity to keep trying, but I have a question for you. Don't you ever get tired of it turning into a game?

Okay, three questions, sorry about that. lol

What do you do that it doesn't become increasingly tedious to bash your head against the same walls? Has this ever changed a mind?

Answer to questions 1,2, and 3. I do it for the sake of love. Leviticus 19:17 It does anger me and I confess that I often think about 2 verses when these types of things happen, like there are obviously people who are actually scared of something, so they keep watch, and have to attack it before it spreads because of their own presumptuousness. I often wonder if they are consciously working for the adversary. Not my call however. Speak against God's word (any part of it) and speak to your own demise. The verses are..........

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Ephesians 4:26

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. Jude 1:3

Then there is hope for those who do not sit on their laurels.

Matthew 25:21-23
[SUP]21 [/SUP]His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

[SUP]22 [/SUP]He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

[SUP]23 [/SUP]His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

With God, it's all or nothing. There is no middle ground such as the doctrine of Balaam has. Compromise the word of God on purpose and the payment is hell.
 
It is POSSIBLE (and LIKELY) that no one means to be suggesting the OT be thrown out.... PTL!!! But I am aware... that there are MANY PEOPLE who do actually think exactly that!!! SO I am thinking it is important to construct some sort of conversation to EXPEL these wrong ideas from the minds of those people... and it is kinda tough to accomplish that when persons like you are thwarting the conversation and alluding I am a judiazer or a pharisee:mad:

Right, I completely understand that and its wonderful that you are encouraging people to learn from the OT, there are gems to be found (no doubt). The problem is that while you may not be legalistic, there are people who are. This thread is created by such a mindset, how you are missing it might be due to the fact that its subtle.

Just-me just said "If we reject God's word, we are Godless" and "I'm all about all of God's word, not just a portion as the anti-law people desire", and so you see here comes the accusations and false assumptions. You may not be legalistic or a Pharisee but just-me on the other hand has revealed his intention behind the thread which is to take issue with people who say they are not under Law. From his perspective, we are under both old and new because all of it is His word and that is indeed what a judaizer would say. Do you agree with him? Then you too, as much as you try to distance yourself from it, are also one.

You don't pick and choose from the OT what to follow as if some parts are void (such as ceremonial laws). It is a unit, it is a whole and thats why if you fail in one count you fail in all of it. So people who encourage others that we are to walk in the statutes of the Law are misinformed because in this day and age, all of the Law can't even be done due to the temple being destroyed.

This thread is ultimately about the Law because it is part of God's word, and as much as you and others try to deny that, the OP clearly reveals this as he takes issue with people saying somethings are void or don't apply to us. They don't apply! We are under a new covenant, stop mixing the two. That is exactly what a judaizer does.