God did away with some of His own sayings

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I don't understand what you are saying "Therefore if we did to our son and worldly lusr, we can have new life through the indwelling Holy Spirit...."

Could you explain a little more about what this means? I agree with the rest of your post.

Died to our sin and worldly lust

sorry typing on phone lol
 
I notice sometimes when people get to discussing the "law" that the focus can get concentrated on the law "clauses" or works if you will... and people seem to forget what the #1 issue is ALL THE TIME... and why the "clauses" were given. Ha, I have to "check" myself for that... the focus is not supposed to be the law, rather the LAWGIVER.:)

Hey we can agree.. (checking my pulse to see if I am still alive)

God gave us the law to lead us to the law giver so we can focus on HIM!
 
You are right

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:19

Yes, and why did it have to be given? TO LEAD US TO CHRIST.
 
lol. See what anger and spite does to you?

I just said that one person claimed another person said something that was in error. when they both said the exact same thing.

And you judge me and doing something wrong?

I am not angry or spiteful. I have decided to JUDGE YOU as having a significant mental malfunction and therefore no conversation with you can be PRODUCTIVE. Have a nice day.
 
You are right

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:19
Jesus named two commandments....everything else was added due to sin.
 
K try I going on a bike ride, prayer and read my bible. God bless and keep you all. Its been a pleasure discussing God's word this morning with you. Glory be to God on High!
 
Jesus named two commandments....everything else was added due to sin.

They're hanging. "The weightier matters of the law, (are) judgment, mercy, and faith:" Matthew 23:23 These are connected with loving God's way. Hanging.
 
I am not angry or spiteful. I have decided to JUDGE YOU as having a significant mental malfunction and therefore no conversation with you can be PRODUCTIVE. Have a nice day.

Wow. I have come to the conclusion there can be no hope for you. I just trued to show you YOUR mental malfunction. And without any proof. You claimed I have one.

lol.. Wow. really.. wow. and your 47????
 
K try I going on a bike ride, prayer and read my bible. God bless and keep you all. Its been a pleasure discussing God's word this morning with you. Glory be to God on High!

good idea. Go to where there is some reality and educational thought.
 
This conversation in the last hour was truly peaceful and great. Thanks be to all who participated in peace and grace! It is so refreshing to not argue.
 
Last edited:
The Law is part of our Armor of God !!!

If you do not believe me go back and see what the Lord Jesus said to satan when he tried to tempt Him in Matthew 4:1-11.

Did our Lord rebuke him in a harsh way or did He use the written words of the law from God against Him? He used the written the word of God !!!

God bless He gives us the tools to fight this spiritual warfare !!!
 
But that was after God gave the law at Sinai. There's nothing to rebel against if it hasn't been given or existed yet. God said that they had "not hearkened to my voice;"

I think this highlights perfectly where law keepers go astray. They don't seem to understand that there is a living voice that is distinct from commandments of law. If we obey his voice, we will fulfill the righteousness required by the law. Obeying requires listening to the still, small voice in our hearts.

I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices [i.e., laws]. But this is what I commanded them, saying, 'Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you will walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you.' Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but walked in their own counsels and in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backward and not forward. Jeremiah 7:22-24
​
 
The Law is part of our Armor of God !!!

If you do not believe me go back and see what the Lord Jesus said to satan when he tried to tempt Him in Matthew 4:1-11.

Did our Lord rebuke him in a harsh way or did He use the written words of the law from God against Him? He used the written the word of God !!!

God bless He gives us the tools to fight this spiritual warfare !!!

So how perfect are you at it?

God said Love is the way to follow the law. Do you love perfectly?
 
I think this highlights perfectly where law keepers go astray. They don't seem to understand that there is a living voice that is distinct from commandments of law. If we obey his voice, we will fulfill the righteousness required by the law. Obeying requires listening to the still, small voice in our hearts.

I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices [i.e., laws]. But this is what I commanded them, saying, 'Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you will walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you.' Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but walked in their own counsels and in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backward and not forward. Jeremiah 7:22-24
​

What's the difference between the spoken law God that He gave Moses and the voice of God. Are His spoken words different from His voice? Was it a spoken word to Moses minus a voice? That's quite confusing to me because I need my voice to speak. Of course all things are possible with God.
 
What's the difference between the spoken law God that He gave Moses and the voice of God. Are His spoken words different from His voice? Was it a spoken word to Moses minus a voice? That's quite confusing to me because I need my voice to speak. Of course all things are possible with God.

The voice of GOD is living. The law is something GOD spoke. Past tense. It was created by GOD for man, but it itself is not the living voice that breathes life into creation.
 
The fact that there are two covenants, one old and another new points to the fact that one is fulfilled, or "abolished." Once you pay your mortgage on a house, I would recommend you stop sending payments to the bank. Its been fulfilled, in the same way we are no longer under Law trying to fulfill its requirements. Jesus did that on our behalf, and has imputed His righteousness to us.

I don't see why it sickens you when people say a particular part of God's Word doesn't apply to us, as we have gone from one covenant to another. You can't take that which is of the old and mix it with the new, unless the new states it as well. Its like a lot of the things Jesus said before He died on the cross and resurrected on the third day, it was to people under the Law, not in the new covenant reality of grace. For example, forgive others or the Lord won't forgive you. Thats an old testament principle. In the new it is stated that we forgive others as the Lord has forgiven us, meaning we already have the forgiveness. That is just one example.

Its all about rightly dividing the Word. Don't put Law into grace, because you then nullify it. That is why there is a distinction, that is why somethings are now 'void.' Mixture or balancing of Law and grace takes away from both, one is self-righteousness and the other imputed, no work of your own. You can't mix the two, it doesn't work.

All of Jesus' teachings are found in and founded upon the Old Covenants; but not all of the duties and requirements of the Old Covenants are included in the New Covenant.

The Levitical Priesthood and the ceremonial requirements of the LAW are superceded by the high priesthood of Jesus, and the priesthood of the believer.

All of the moral and ethical precepts of the OT are restated more forcefully in the NT and the New Covenant of Jeremiah 31:31-34 as amplified in the teachings of Jesus retains them.

The Old Covenants (there were several) all depended on the actions and observances of the people under them.

The New Covenant,

Jer 31:31-34
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
KJV

depends upon ONLY what God has done.

Under the New Covenant, the work of God's people consists of what God does in us; and NOT what we attempt to do for Him.
 
All of Jesus' teachings are found in and founded upon the Old Covenants; but not all of the duties and requirements of the Old Covenants are included in the New Covenant.

The Levitical Priesthood and the ceremonial requirements of the LAW are superceded by the high priesthood of Jesus, and the priesthood of the believer.

All of the moral and ethical precepts of the OT are restated more forcefully in the NT and the New Covenant of Jeremiah 31:31-34 as amplified in the teachings of Jesus retains them.

The Old Covenants (there were several) all depended on the actions and observances of the people under them.

The New Covenant,

Jer 31:31-34
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
KJV

depends upon ONLY what God has done.

Under the New Covenant, the work of God's people consists of what God does in us; and NOT what we attempt to do for Him.

I agree with all you have said here and the only thing that I would add is that the Word of God also says that He can not deny Himself. (2 Timothy 2:13)

Therefore the Holy Spirit that is in us that guides us how to walk can not guide us to be disobedient to His teachings and commandments, or that would be denying Himself.
 
The Law is part of our Armor of God !!!

If you do not believe me go back and see what the Lord Jesus said to satan when he tried to tempt Him in Matthew 4:1-11.

Did our Lord rebuke him in a harsh way or did He use the written words of the law from God against Him? He used the written the word of God !!!

God bless He gives us the tools to fight this spiritual warfare !!!

Not sure what you mean by this.

I love the scriptures about the armor of God, but the full armor is...the helmet of salvation to protect your thoughts from the condemnation Satan likes to heap on you.....breast plate of Christ righteousness, shoes of the gospel of peace to spread His message to the world, the sword of Truth which is His Word, or the Holy spirit, prayers of fellow saints....shield of faith works better in phallus formation....and belt of...???

Which scripture speaks of the Law being our armour? The Law and God Word is different...Jesus did not rebuke Satan using the old covenant law but the wisdom found in God Word.
 
Satan misused scripture to tempt Jesus away from God and go after physical comfort..bread,,,,supernatural signs,,,angels catching him if he flings himself from a cliff....wordly power...dominion over the nation's.

But Jesus tells us to seek spiritual food, not tempt God to let us fall, or believe the lies of Satan who offers power only God should have.