God of chaos asteroid!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
There’s an asteroid out there called 99942 Apophis that’s over 1,000 feet wide, and it’s scheduled to fly by Earth on April 13th, 2029. Apophis means 'God of chaos' from the Egyptians. I couldn't get the video to load but it's supposed to be visible with the naked eye when it passes.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I read an article about this a few days ago. If I recall correctly it's trajectory will put it about 100,000 miles from earth which although that is a really long distance is still significantly close in astronomical equations.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
There are millions of them out there. I'm more concerned with what is going on here. I believe there will be another World War
centered on the Middle East before that date

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
There are millions of them out there. I'm more concerned with what is going on here. I believe there will be another World War
I expect one sooner than later. The petro-dollar vs Jihadi's.

A

AuntieAnt

I don't believe the over-hype about it. Just like every other month the news is predicting either a Blue Moon, a Super Blood Moon, a Wolf Moon, an Apocalyptic Moon... a Flhurricane, a Weather Bomb, Epic Superstorm, a Polar Vortex, a Life-Threatening Nor'easter... or worse yet: predicting the "Brightest Meteor Shower in Human History" and telling us we can view it from anywhere on earth! They all pretty much look the same to me, year after year. Don't get me wrong, I like watching the heavens for full moons, eclipses, meteor showers, etc. I just am sick of the hype. They can't just report the news without blowing it out of proportion with all the crazy sensationalism.

media hype.jpg

Dec 12, 2013
Fully agree and out of the ashes of the third world war and the destruction of Western Gentile world power will rise the 8th and final kingdom of the BEAST to rule over the Middle East and the world.........!!!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I don't believe the over-hype about it. Just like every other month the news is predicting either a Blue Moon, a Super Blood Moon, a Wolf Moon, an Apocalyptic Moon... a Flhurricane, a Weather Bomb, Epic Superstorm, a Polar Vortex, a Life-Threatening Nor'easter... or worse yet: predicting the "Brightest Meteor Shower in Human History" and telling us we can view it from anywhere on earth! They all pretty much look the same to me, year after year. Don't get me wrong, I like watching the heavens for full moons, eclipses, meteor showers, etc. I just am sick of the hype. They can't just report the news without blowing it out of proportion with all the crazy sensationalism.

View attachment 198498

View attachment 198498
I'm not scared. It's not over 'till the father decides it's time. Then nothing can stop it

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
There’s an asteroid out there called 99942 Apophis that’s over 1,000 feet wide, and it’s scheduled to fly by Earth on April 13th, 2029. Apophis means 'God of chaos' from the Egyptians. I couldn't get the video to load but it's supposed to be visible with the naked eye when it passes.
Good day Calibob,

I don't know about asteroid 99942, but there are two plagues of wrath, the second and third trumpet's which could very well be an asteroid and a comet. For regarding the second trumpet, John describes what he sees as "something like a huge mountain all ablaze." This could be describing an asteroid coming through the earths atmosphere, which is why it would be all ablaze. The results being a third of the creatures in the sea being killed and a third of the ships being destroyed. This could be the result of that asteroid hitting in one of the earths oceans and producing gigantic tsunami's 360 degrees, so that no creature in that body of water could survive and with all of the ships being destroyed equaling a third of the creatures and a third of the ships over all the earth.

The third trumpet sounds more like a comet to me because John calls it "a great star burning like a torch," which would fit the description of a comet with its coma and tail. One of the components of a comet is ice. As it orbits the sun it is constantly absorbing radiation from the sun. That said, what if what John was seeing was a comet coming through the earths atmosphere and exploding? All of that ice would rain down upon our rivers and lakes (fresh water) with that frozen water containing the sun's radiation. This could be what the scripture means by many people dying from drinking the waters.

M

Miri

OH No .... AARGH. 🙀

Someone is bound to come up with a cheesy movie.
You know the kind where a washed out scientist goes around warning everyone but no one
will listen as it will send the stock market crashing. Then at the last minute just before it
hits, the President is moved to a secret underground bunker, while everyine else is left
to loot all the shops for food and water, and find what shelter they can.

Then at the last possible second the washed up scientist devises a super space
laser to blast the asteroid from the sky, while trying to keep his own family from
certain death. Oh and he always has a daughter who gets into trouble and somehow
manages to sprain her ankle!

A

AuntieAnt

OH No .... AARGH. 🙀

You know the kind where a washed out scientist goes around warning everyone but no one
will listen as it will send the stock market crashing. Then at the last minute just before it
hits, the President is moved to a secret underground bunker, while everyine else is left

laser to blast the asteroid from the sky, while trying to keep his own family from
certain death. Oh and he always has a daughter who gets into trouble and somehow
Starring Pee Wee Herman as the washed up mad scientist! :geek: LOLOLOL

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
OH No .... AARGH. 🙀

Starring Bruce Willis, If I were directing I'd look for a young Drew Barrymore look alike. Alec Baldwin would make a great cowardly president. :LOL::ROFL:

A

AuntieAnt

It's amazing how many people think they can predict the end times when even Jesus Himself said He doesn't know. :unsure:

A

AuntieAnt

Starring Bruce Willis, If I were directing I'd look for a young Drew Barrymore look alike. Alec Baldwin would make a great cowardly president. :LOL::ROFL:
NO! :eek: Bruce Willis already played in that type of disaster movie.

Btw, Bruce Willis went to school with my husband & his brothers. True story.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
NO! :eek: Bruce Willis already played in that type of disaster movie.

Btw, Bruce Willis went to school with my husband & his brothers. True story.
so he's got the character down pat like Edward G. Robinson or James Cagney playing gangsters. Cagney was really a dancer first and Robinson started on Broadway. That's like saying Clint Eastwood shouldn't play a cop or a gunfighter. He and John Wayne even used their own guns. Besides Willis is funny.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I could make it a comedy. Fill twice as many seats. Have you ever seen "Samurai's in Space?" The same scenario but instead of blowing up the asteroid. They figured out if they nuked it up then tons of radioactive meteor debris would pelt the earth like buckshot. They put huge rocket motors on the poles and flew the world out of the way. I just didn't like the subtitles. FYI the "Magnificent 7" was a remake of "The Seven Samurai's", Really.

Dec 12, 2013
It's amazing how many people think they can predict the end times when even Jesus Himself said He doesn't know. :unsure:
Equally amazing is how there is an 8 to 1 ratio of prophecies concerning the 2nd coming of Christ over the 1st coming and most are ignorant of the 2nd coming......!!!

Brethern, YOU are not in darkness that that day should overtake you as a thief!!!!!!!!!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Our destiny is over there on the other side, our ASSIGNMENT is here.
We see today a "Peace plan" is weeks away, could this be when all are shouting "peace, peace" and sudden destruction comes upon them?
We all need to keep our focus on Jesus and let the indwelling Christ rule our every thought, word, and deed.
best wishes