Godly comments please

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hales

May 13, 2019
How would you deal with a difficult son (30)? He is difficult to talk to and I’ve been praying for him for 12 years now.
The worst part came when he wanted to get married to this fragile, beautiful lady who also has leukaemia. He got into a fight with his sister’s boyfriend and I rather they don’t get married.
I’ve been praying for him. I am close to his girlfriend and I’m afraid for her actually.
Your views please?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Why don't you want him to marry her? And why are you afraid for her? He's 30, a grown adult, he can make his own choices and he doesn't need your permission to get married.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
How would you deal with a difficult son (30)? He is difficult to talk to and I’ve been praying for him for 12 years now.
The worst part came when he wanted to get married to this fragile, beautiful lady who also has leukaemia. He got into a fight with his sister’s boyfriend and I rather they don’t get married.
I’ve been praying for him. I am close to his girlfriend and I’m afraid for her actually.
Your views please?
He has free will to do as he pleases. You can speak to him and offer advice and insight, but if he rejects it there's nothing you can do.
I see this regularly, Christian's asking how to make other people do what they want them to do.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hello Hales, and welcome to CC!

With regard to your son, keep praying for him. If he is abusive toward you, stop interacting with him, but don't stop praying.

The details on his relationship are a bit muddled in your post, so if I didn't interpret it correctly, just ignore this. Regarding the possible wedding, don't say anything to your son, but as you're close to his girlfriend (fiancée?), recommend that she doesn't marry him and tell her why. If that doesn't send her running, nothing will.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Your views please?
I can relate to your son because my late second wife had serious medical issues too but believe that God placed me into a position to love and care for her even though I knew it was a most difficult situation. Sick people have a need to love and be loved too.

The difficulty seems to lie with you in not accepting what your son has his heart set out on. Perhaps God has placed your son into this woman's life for a reason, sort of like an angel.

Sorry about the difficulty too about having trouble communicating with your adult son but this is about par for the course. I have said a prayer for your relationship with you son to improve but please keep in mind that your son has his own life to live and that you can't live it for him or try to control it.

Glad to have you as part of our family. Welcome to CC.

Hales

May 13, 2019
Hello Hales, and welcome to CC!

With regard to your son, keep praying for him. If he is abusive toward you, stop interacting with him, but don't stop praying.

The details on his relationship are a bit muddled in your post, so if I didn't interpret it correctly, just ignore this. Regarding the possible wedding, don't say anything to your son, but as you're close to his girlfriend (fiancée?), recommend that she doesn't marry him and tell her why. If that doesn't send her running, nothing will.

Thank you.
He hasn’t been abusive to me, thank GOD. Please pray for him. He needs deliverance. His father was an abusive man and we left him. I pray that my son will forgive his father and let JESUS heal his hurting and angry heart. He can marry her only if he’s not harbouring these ill feelings within him. They had an argument while discussing marriage and he refuses to talk to her, she’s a fragile lady and I’m so afraid of her health.

Hales

May 13, 2019
Why don't you want him to marry her? And why are you afraid for her? He's 30, a grown adult, he can make his own choices and he doesn't need your permission to get married.

Hales

May 13, 2019
Hi, how know he is grown up but read my comments to know as I fear GOD, and her health is more important.

Sep 3, 2016
The scripture says, "The LORD will perfect that which concerns me (Psalm 138:8): .

Allow the Holy Spirit to help you by placing and maintaining your Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won (Romans 8:2). You need GRACE, and this is how you get it.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The scripture says, "The LORD will perfect that which concerns me (Psalm 138:8): .

Allow the Holy Spirit to help you by placing and maintaining your Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won (Romans 8:2). You need GRACE, and this is how you get it.
Romans 2 says nothing about placing faith exclusively in the cross, nor about how you obtain grace. The cross by itself is just two pieces of wood, which can do nothing for you.

Sep 3, 2016
You have made it crystal clear in the past and the present that you believe in Salvation by "Faith," and Sanctification by "self." (Romans 8:2 - The law of sin and death - lukewarm)