GODLY GOALS FOR THE NEW MONTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
I would be sharing notes I jotted down from two devotionals today and hope it encourages you to begin this new month differently and end it with joy in your heart knowing it was productive...

- If the course of your life lacks direction, you'll just drift through without making an impact. But if you can focus your time on 'A FEW KEY GOALS,' then you can make a powerful impact on the world for God.

- (Me giving this example) If your goal is to be diligent as a student, that's vague.
But if you commit to spending 2 hours or more studying, that's a specific goal.

- What specific goal/goals will you set for yourself in this new month?

-Who can keep you accountable and encouraged as you work to reach your goal?

- The Bible urges you not to rely on your strength to reach your goals. In fact, if you can accomplish your goals in your own strength, you are not pursuing godly goals in the first place.

-Know what God says about your goals. And you'll never know unless you get to know what the Bible teaches about it.

- The truth is, you don't need a big faith to accomplish huge goals. You just need a little faith in a big God! God is the God of the Universe. He can do anything.

-What promise/promises of God can you lean on today to achieve that goal/those goals?

- Claiming the promises of God gives you the confidence to pursue your goals.

ARE YOU READY TO TRUST GOD FOR THE UNBELIEVABLE?

In between, I've written down some goals for the new month...
I need someone please to hold me accountable and do it diligently as God helps her please... Any lady willing to help me out here? Thanks in anticipation 🙂

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Wow. Not one woman is willing to even respond and help a sister in Christ. Good grief.

I'd help you, but I'm no lady.

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
🙂... Maybe they have other things they're occupied with, and might sincerely want to help but might not be able to keep up over time... But it's fine though🙂

Thanks for offering 🙂
But would you really?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
🙂... Maybe they have other things they're occupied with, and might sincerely want to help but might not be able to keep up over time... But it's fine though🙂

Thanks for offering 🙂
But would you really?
Of course. Jesus said it Himself . . . that there is neighther male nor female, Greek nor Jew, slave nor free. And while I acknowledge that you are literally beautifully made as a woman, I first see you as a spirit held with human flesh.

I would do nearly anything to be of assistance for anyone that Truly wanted help. I gravitate toward humble hearts.

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
Thanks a lot Sir...🙏
We're not allowed to post personal info on the comment section, so how can I reach you please?

Dymes

Dec 11, 2016
- The Bible urges you not to rely on your strength to reach your goals. In fact, if you can accomplish your goals in your own strength, you are not pursuing godly goals in the first place.
How exactly would you say a person is supposed to do something in Christ's strength??

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
You do something in Christ's strength when you ask for His help to that thing knowing that you are limited in your strength, in your knowledge, and in how well you can do things. But when Christ strength replaces yours, you'll do things way beyond your abilities because help is coming from the Lord who is able to do all things, and strengthen you beyond your ability, because He is God.

Dymes

Dec 11, 2016
You do something in Christ's strength when you ask for His help to that thing knowing that you are limited in your strength, in your knowledge, and in how well you can do things. But when Christ strength replaces yours, you'll do things way beyond your abilities because help is coming from the Lord who is able to do all things, and strengthen you beyond your ability, because He is God.
So what happens when I ask for help and I still fail?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
A person who operates by their own strength is apart from Christ; they do not belong to Him.

So what happens when I ask for help and I still fail?
If a person belongs to Christ and things do not go as according to personal plans, it is not a "fail." When a person operates by the Power of God, their lives are guided and directed to do the Will of the Lord. We are not in control; God is.

Ephesians 1:11-12 RSV - "In him, according to the purpose of him who accomplishes all things according to the counsel of his will, 12 we who first hoped in Christ have been destined and appointed to live for the praise of his glory."

Dymes

Dec 11, 2016
A person who operates by their own strength is apart from Christ; they do not belong to Him.

If a person belongs to Christ and things do not go as according to personal plans, it is not a "fail." When a person operates by the Power of God, their lives are guided and directed to do the Will of the Lord. We are not in control; God is.
So would you consider falling to a besetting sin a failure?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
It's difficult to say. God placed Israel into a deep sleep as part of His Eternal Plan with the intention of grafting in the Gentiles. Paul said that this was to cause the Jews to become jealous. God has a purpose in all things. As for sin, I would say that when this happens, do not regress to feeling poorly of "yourself," for self-hatred is the game of the devil. I don't play the games of the devil and recommend that no one engage in them either.

Fear, shame, and guilt . . . I don't do that anymore. So, perhaps we ought to look at out sins in a mature way and seek to improve with God offering discipline to facilitate that process.

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
I love the reply you gave before the Bible passage...

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
A besetting sin can and will stand as a hindrance to God's plan for your creation... You must fight it in God's strength and on your knees, till it no more has any place in your life... In the place of prayer, we lost a lot of things, things that would otherwise have hindered some of God's workings in our lives. Go through the Scriptures, search out as many promises as you can for victory over that/those besetting sins, and pray the prayer of persistence, that prayer that would not take 'no' for an answer... Knowing that that sin would not just cost you here, but also in eternity...

God's grace is sufficient for you, His strength is made perfect in your weakness, He will help you beloved...

Abigail97

May 5, 2022

Dymes

Dec 11, 2016
It's difficult to say. God placed Israel into a deep sleep as part of His Eternal Plan with the intention of grafting in the Gentiles. Paul said that this was to cause the Jews to become jealous. God has a purpose in all things. As for sin, I would say that when this happens, do not regress to feeling poorly of "yourself," for self-hatred is the game of the devil. I don't play the games of the devil and recommend that no one engage in them either.

Fear, shame, and guilt . . . I don't do that anymore. So, perhaps we ought to look at out sins in a mature way and seek to improve with God offering discipline to facilitate that process.
Are you saying that a deep sleep was God's eternal plan for Israel, therefore Israel's sin (which caused the deep sleep) wasn't a failure?

Dymes

Dec 11, 2016
You must fight it in God's strength and on your knees, till it no more has any place in your life...

Go through the Scriptures, search out as many promises as you can for victory over that/those besetting sins, and pray the prayer of persistence, that prayer that would not take 'no' for an answer... Knowing that that sin would not just cost you here, but also in eternity...
So would you say fighting in God's strength actually means holding on to promises and clinging to God in prayer even in the midst of failures?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Are you saying that a deep sleep was God's eternal plan for Israel, therefore Israel's sin (which caused the deep sleep) wasn't a failure?
That is 100% what I am saying. For some rather interesting reason, virtually no one accepts this to be the Truth. However, I believe what the Bible says and don't cut bits and pieces out so that I don't have to change my belief system.

Romans 11:7-8 NLT - "So this is the situation: Most of the people of Israel have not found the favor of God they are looking for so earnestly. A few have--the ones God has chosen--but the hearts of the rest were hardened. 8 As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear."

Dymes

Dec 11, 2016
That is 100% what I am saying. For some rather interesting reason, virtually no one accepts this to be the Truth. However, I believe what the Bible says and don't cut bits and pieces out so that I don't have to change my belief system.

Romans 11:7-8 NLT - "So this is the situation: Most of the people of Israel have not found the favor of God they are looking for so earnestly. A few have--the ones God has chosen--but the hearts of the rest were hardened. 8 As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear."
I must say, I believe sin is always a failure. Not on God of course, but a failure on Man's part. I do not believe sin is or was apart of God's plans. I believe God knew sin was going to be present and planned for it by activating the promise and principle of causing all things to work for our good (Rom 8:28) Just as He did with Joseph and the evil his brothers done to him (Gen 50:20), He also does with Israel and with any other situation in which we fail. So God used the failure to plan the redemption of the failure, but in my opinion He did not plan the failure. But we both know this is a deeper issue of how we see God's sovereignty, and I'd rather not get into that topic. It never goes well lol