God's Approval/TWO Different Gospels

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
...said the person who runs away like a scared little child every time he's confronted with uncomfortable TRUTHS.

Now, should I/we expect another non-answer or will you actually address my question?
Until your new pic ,I completely thought you were a woman lol 😆

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
You do realize that Satan is the father of lies, right?

If so, then why do you keep on lying?

I just quoted you the verses which immediately precede your typical "selective quote", and they give us plenty of more information about Abraham and his faith.

Like it or not (obviously not...why do you so tenaciously cling to your error?), Abraham was looking for A HEAVENLY CITY or THE NEW JERUSALEM, and he wasn't expecting to get there apart from Christ's death, burial, and resurrection from the dead and his own resurrection from the dead as well.

You're in error.

Repent of your pride before it potentially leads to your fall.
Looking for the ' new Jerusalem ' was he ? Did you get that from a commentary ? lol

L

Live4Him

Until your new pic ,I completely thought you were a woman lol 😆
Did you find me attractive in your fantasies?

Your partner in error thinks I'm cute.

Just for the record, I like women, so move on.

Anyhow, another non-answer it is...just as expected.

Well, as much fun as it's been trying to deprogram you, I need to get something to eat.

Later...

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Did you find me attractive in your fantasies?

Your partner in error thinks I'm cute.

Just for the record, I like women, so move on.

Anyhow, another non-answer it is...just as expected.

Well, as much fun as it's been trying to deprogram you, I need to get something to eat.

Later...
Its more the emotional responses ,slightly feminine.

L

Live4Him

Looking for the ' new Jerusalem ' was he ? Did you get that from a commentary ? lol
I got it from right here:

Hebrews chapter 11

[13] These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
[14] For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
[15] And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
[16] But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Abraham "died in faith, not having received the promises", which he obviously believed in, "but seeing them afar off", he was "PERSUADED OF THEM, AND EMBRACED THEM, and confessed that" he was a "stranger and pilgrim on the earth" because...wait for it...HE DESIRED A BETTER COUNTRY, THAT IS, AN HEAVENLY" knowing that God "had PREPARED FOR HIM A CITY".

Got it?

Now, tell us, if you would be so kind, what HEAVENLY CITY THAT GOD HAD PREPARED FOR HIM Abraham was looking forward to when he "died in faith" and how he expected entrance into the same.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I got it from right here:

Hebrews chapter 11

[13] These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
[14] For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
[15] And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
[16] But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Abraham "died in faith, not having received the promises", which he obviously believed in, "but seeing them afar off", he was "PERSUADED OF THEM, AND EMBRACED THEM, and confessed that" he was a "stranger and pilgrim on the earth" because...wait for it...HE DESIRED A BETTER COUNTRY, THAT IS, AN HEAVENLY" knowing that God "had PREPARED FOR HIM A CITY".

Got it?

Now, tell us, if you would be so kind, what HEAVENLY CITY THAT GOD HAD PREPARED FOR HIM Abraham was looking forward to when he "died in faith" and how he expected entrance into the same.
. “THE PROMISE” God made to Abraham (Gen. 12, 15, 17, and 22)

L

Live4Him

Are you capable of actually answering a question?

What HEAVENLY CITY was Abraham looking forward to and how did he expect entrance into it?

What will your answer be?

Purple?

Kitty cats?

Pencil sharpener?

Seriously, what is wrong with you (rhetorical question)?

If you're not going to answer the actual questions that I pose to you, then please don't even bother replying anymore.

It just causes me to get a notification of your latest evasive non-answer, thereby wasting my time.

L

Live4Him

Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain this as well:

Romans chapter 4

[13] For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

What does it mean that Abraham was promised to "be the HEIR OF THE WORLD" through the righteousness of faith?

How was he to receive this INHERITANCE apart from somebody dying?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain this as well:

Romans chapter 4

[13] For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

What does it mean that Abraham was promised to "be the HEIR OF THE WORLD" through the righteousness of faith?

How was he to receive this INHERITANCE apart from somebody dying?
LAND .

L

Live4Him

Why did you ignore my question about how Abraham was to receive an INHERITANCE apart from someone dying?

Of course, we both know that you ignored it because the correct answer to my question once again shows the folly of your presently-held beliefs.

As "joint-heirs with Christ" (Rom. 8:17), believers will share Christ's inheritance with him at his second coming, and Christ himself was "appointed heir of all things" (Heb. 1:2)...wait for it...AFTER HIS RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD AND ASCENSION BACK TO HEAVEN.

Despite your repeated unbiblical claims to the contrary, Abraham fully believed in the same.

Anyhow, as usual, you'll reject Biblical truth, but somebody else who will inevitably read my comment hopefully will not.

S

SophieT

Me and a friend reading the last 2 pages of this thread

So, like, Roofus, do people always take things into the alley behind the restaurant and duke it out?

Yeah Jams, I'm afraid they do.

Well ok then. Let's order pizza.

L

Live4Him

Me and a friend reading the last 2 pages of this thread

So, like, Roofus, do people always take things into the alley behind the restaurant and duke it out?

Yeah Jams, I'm afraid they do.

Well ok then. Let's order pizza.
LOL!!!

Hey, I love raccoons, dogs, AND PIZZA, so I'm good.

:p

P.S.

The "alley", unfortunately, extends way beyond the last two pages of this particular thread.

:(

S

SophieT

LOL!!!

Hey, I love raccoons, dogs, AND PIZZA, so I'm good.

:p

P.S.

The "alley", unfortunately, extends way beyond the last two pages of this particular thread.

:(

Well we share some things in common then

True about the alleys.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Precious friend(s). Amazing, is it not, how Abraham heard {when? beats me :(}, And
Understood{?} about the Death, Burial, And Resurrection Of The LORD JESUS CHRIST,
As Great News,
When, with the odds "stacked Against him {12 to 1?}", we have
the Following?:

"From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto His disciples, how that He must go
unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes,
and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began
to rebuke Him, saying, Be it far from Thee, Lord: this shall NOT BE unto Thee."
(Matthew_16:21-22 KJB!)

So, Peter and the eleven, After walking With JESUS for THREE years,
Definitely UNDERSTOOD, correct?​

Sorry for the disruption = please carry on with your discussion... 😇

S

SophieT

I just noticed the raccoon in your avatar.

They've always been one of my favorite animals.
We're out in the country and from time to time we get the young ones hanging out in trees. They are just too cute the way they peek at you like little people.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Precious friend(s). Amazing, is it not, how Abraham heard {when? beats me :(}, And
Understood{?} about the Death, Burial, And Resurrection Of The LORD JESUS CHRIST,
As Great News,
When, with the odds "stacked Against him {12 to 1?}", we have
the Following?:

"From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto His disciples, how that He must go
unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes,
and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began
to rebuke Him, saying, Be it far from Thee, Lord: this shall NOT BE unto Thee."
(Matthew_16:21-22 KJB!)

So, Peter and the eleven, After walking With JESUS for THREE years,

Definitely UNDERSTOOD, correct?​

Sorry for the disruption = please carry on with your discussion... 😇
Classic case of 'it doesn't matter what the bible says ,this is what we believe anyway ' .

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Peter and the eleven, After walking With JESUS for THREE years, Completely
UNDERSTOOD "The Gospel Of GRACE,"
Correct?
Precious friends, in addition, some believe all the OT saints, by faith, Also understood?

Amazing The Scriptures one can find, just doing a little reading Every Day, eh? Be Blessed!:

Luk 18:31 Then He took unto him The Twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.
Luk 18:32 For He shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:
Luk 18:33 And they shall scourge Him, and.. {Great News For Forgiveness of sin!?}:

...put Him to death: and the third day He shall rise again!

Luke_18:34 And they understood NONE of these things: and This Saying was
HID from them, neither KNEW they the things which were spoken.

Q; How much More Plainer Can God Say Something, Before we believe IT?

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
God's Approval/TWO gospels in Prophecy vs Mystery!
More Additional Helpful Scriptural Evidence For TWO Gospels!:

Gospel of the kingdom =

Gospel of the circumcision (Galatians 2:7; Acts 3:25-26; Genesis 17:9-14)

Preached by John, Jesus, and the 12 (Matthew 3:1-2; Matthew 4:17; Matthew 4:23; Matthew 9:35; Matthew 10:5-8)

The Prophecy Program for the Jews (Luke 1:32-33; Luke 3:19-26; Daniel 2:44 James 1:1)

Preaching of The Cross as historical (Acts 2:23; Acts 2:36; Acts 3:14-15; Acts 5:30)

Gospel to be believed = Christ’s Name (Matthew 16:16; John 20:31; 1 John 5:13)

Salvation by faith and water baptism (Mark 1-4; Mark 16:16; Luke 7:29-30; Acts 2:38)

Justification without works is dead (James 2:17; James 2:20; James 2:24; James 2:26)

Repentance emphasized along with faith (Mark 1:15; Luke 3:8-14; Acts 3:19)

Reconciliation not mentioned.

Covers Matthew – Acts 8, then Tribulation (Acts 3:19-21; Acts 8:12; Matthew 24:14)

Under The Law (Matthew 5:17; Matthew 8:4; Matthew 23:2-3)

Good works will follow salvation (Matthew 7:15-20; 1 John 2:3-5; 1 John 2:29; 1 John 3:7; 1 John 3:10)
Gospel of the kingdom

Rightly Divided From (2 Timothy 2:15) From "Things That DIFFER!":

Gospel Of The GRACE Of God =

Gospel of the Uncircumcision (Galatians 2:7; Galatians 6:15; Romans 4:9-11)

Preached first by Paul, then his companions (Acts 13:38-39; Acts 20:24; Acts 16:29-31; Romans 3:24)

The Mystery Program for The Gentiles (Ephesians 3:1-3; Colossians 1:25-27;
Romans 16:25)

The preaching of The Cross as Good News (1 Corinthians 1:18; 1 Corinthians 2:2;
1 Corinthians 15:3-4)

Gospel to be believed = Christ’s Work (Romans 5:6; Romans 5:8; Romans 5:10;

Salvation By GRACE Through faith plus nothing (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 4:5; Titus 3:5)

Justification by faith without works emphasized (Romans 3:28; Romans 4:5; Romans 4:16; Galatians 2:16)

Repentance as a synonym for faith (Acts 17:30; Acts 20:21; Acts 26:20; Romans 2:4)

Involves reconciliation to God and man (Romans 5:10-11; Romans 11:15;
2 Corinthians 5:18-20; Ephesians 2:16; Colossians 1:21)

Covers Paul’s letters Romans – Philemon (Also Acts 9-28)

Not under the law (Romans 5:20-21; Romans 6:14; Galatians 5:6)

Precious friends, Please Be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted and Edified!
God's Simple Will!

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
More Additional Helpful Scriptural Evidence For TWO Gospels!:

Gospel of the kingdom =

Gospel of the circumcision (Galatians 2:7; Acts 3:25-26; Genesis 17:9-14)

Preached by John, Jesus, and the 12 (Matthew 3:1-2; Matthew 4:17; Matthew 4:23; Matthew 9:35; Matthew 10:5-8)

The Prophecy Program for the Jews (Luke 1:32-33; Luke 3:19-26; Daniel 2:44 James 1:1)

Preaching of The Cross as historical (Acts 2:23; Acts 2:36; Acts 3:14-15; Acts 5:30)

Gospel to be believed = Christ’s Name (Matthew 16:16; John 20:31; 1 John 5:13)

Salvation by faith and water baptism (Mark 1-4; Mark 16:16; Luke 7:29-30; Acts 2:38)

Justification without works is dead (James 2:17; James 2:20; James 2:24; James 2:26)

Repentance emphasized along with faith (Mark 1:15; Luke 3:8-14; Acts 3:19)

Reconciliation not mentioned.

Covers Matthew – Acts 8, then Tribulation (Acts 3:19-21; Acts 8:12; Matthew 24:14)

Under The Law (Matthew 5:17; Matthew 8:4; Matthew 23:2-3)

Good works will follow salvation (Matthew 7:15-20; 1 John 2:3-5; 1 John 2:29; 1 John 3:7; 1 John 3:10)
Gospel of the kingdom

Rightly Divided From (2 Timothy 2:15) From "Things That DIFFER!":

Gospel Of The GRACE Of God =

Gospel of the Uncircumcision (Galatians 2:7; Galatians 6:15; Romans 4:9-11)

Preached first by Paul, then his companions (Acts 13:38-39; Acts 20:24; Acts 16:29-31; Romans 3:24)

The Mystery Program for The Gentiles (Ephesians 3:1-3; Colossians 1:25-27;
Romans 16:25)

The preaching of The Cross as Good News (1 Corinthians 1:18; 1 Corinthians 2:2;

Gospel to be believed = Christ’s Work (Romans 5:6; Romans 5:8; Romans 5:10;

Salvation By GRACE Through faith plus nothing (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 4:5; Titus 3:5)

Justification by faith without works emphasized (Romans 3:28; Romans 4:5; Romans 4:16; Galatians 2:16)

Repentance as a synonym for faith (Acts 17:30; Acts 20:21; Acts 26:20; Romans 2:4)

Involves reconciliation to God and man (Romans 5:10-11; Romans 11:15;
2 Corinthians 5:18-20; Ephesians 2:16; Colossians 1:21)

Covers Paul’s letters Romans – Philemon (Also Acts 9-28)

Not under the law (Romans 5:20-21; Romans 6:14; Galatians 5:6)

Precious friends, Please Be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted and Edified!
God's Simple Will!
“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭1:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1, 14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬