God's 'Contexts' Rightly Divided

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
From another thread, to prevent burial:
I have a question. I only ask that you please be patient and kind in answering. I want to see if I may be opposing myself.
Precious friend, we certainly don't want to oppose ourselves - hope this helps -
The Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided:
I honestly want to know what your understanding is of 1 John 3:3-6 and 2 Tim 3:16? and why does Paul refer to the Law to teach a point in 1Cor. 14:34?
The First Step of understanding 'Right Division' would be to see our Scriptures in
God's Contexts * (some say "context is King"? ) - ie:

prophecy/Covenants (Directly) to Twelve tribes of Israel, with John being one of the Twelve apostles:

1Jn 3:3-6 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as
he is pure. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is
the transgression of the law. And ye know that He was manifested to take
away our sins; and in Him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not:
whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him.

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

Mystery/Grace (Directly To and) for us, the Body Of Christ, with One apostle, Paul:

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture Is Given By Inspiration of God, and Is Profitable for
doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto
them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

"why does Paul refer to the Law to teach a point here?" What Saith The Scripture?:

Rom_15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our​
learning (Profitable?), that we through patience and Comfort of the Scriptures​
might have hope."​
Thus, we may conclude ' Paul's point': "commanded to be under obedience" was under
the law, and is Also Now under Grace, Correct?

This, then, brings up the question: Are we required to "obey Both" Today, Under Grace?
----------------------------------------
Hope these are a good beginning for "clear and peaceable" understanding...
---------------------------------------------
Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II)!

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
prophecy/Covenants (Directly) to Twelve tribes of Israel, with John being one of the Twelve apostles:

1Jn 3:3-6 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as
he is pure. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is
the transgression of the law. And ye know that He was manifested to take
away our sins; and in Him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not:
whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him.
:confused:

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
I would like to respond to Magenta's Post, in the former thread, stating that the Sabbath was not mentioned in the New Testament.
I would like to share some references that I have found.
Matt 12:8, 12
Matt 24:20 - note that Jesus here is speaking of His disciples that would face a tribulation after His ascension.
Mk 2:27, 28
Acts 13:27 and 15:21 - note the council was to refer the unlearned to hear the words of Moses (and the prophets) read every Sabbath day in the Synagogue.
Acts 13:42
Acts 16:13 - note that even the gentiles that were faithful were keeping the Sabbath.
Acts 17:2, 18:4 - note it was Paul's manner to go into the synagogues on the Sabbath to preach Christ. (and being sent to the gentiles, he found them there)
Note he never discouraged them not to keep the Sabbath or to go to the synagogues. Jesus' prophecy would come true in them getting put out once they believed in Christ.

These are my own observations- Correct me if I am wrong, I could be...

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
These are a few more that are perplexing to me with what is often taught in the mainstream churches. Rom.7:12-16 and vs.21 and 25. and Rom. 3:31.
Concerning your next set of Scripture Passages:

Rom 7:12 "Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just,
and good. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid.
But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is
good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For
that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate,
that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it
is good."

cp:
Rom 7:21 "I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present
with me."

cp:
Rom 7:25 "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the
mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

cp:
Rom 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid:
yea, we establish the law."

Mystery/Grace (Directly To and) for us, the Body Of Christ, with One apostle, Paul
This is quite normal for most of us, when first studying 'Right Division,'
having never heard of it before in our cults we 'came out of' and, barely
'touched upon' in many christian denominations...

It took me 10 years of study before I finally shared it with someone :cry:

I'll try to patiently continue, IF you wish...

Chris Endrizzi

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I would like to respond to Magenta's Post, in the former thread, stating that the Sabbath was not mentioned in the New Testament.
I would like to share some references that I have found.
Matt 12:8, 12
Matt 24:20 - note that Jesus here is speaking of His disciples that would face a tribulation after His ascension.
Mk 2:27, 28
Acts 13:27 and 15:21 - note the council was to refer the unlearned to hear the words of Moses (and the prophets) read every Sabbath day in the Synagogue.
Acts 13:42
Acts 16:13 - note that even the gentiles that were faithful were keeping the Sabbath.
Acts 17:2, 18:4 - note it was Paul's manner to go into the synagogues on the Sabbath to preach Christ. (and being sent to the gentiles, he found them there)
Note he never discouraged them not to keep the Sabbath or to go to the synagogues. Jesus' prophecy would come true in them getting put out once they believed in Christ.

These are my own observations- Correct me if I am wrong, I could be...
Thanks for these observations, as well as these:
These are a few more that are perplexing to me with what is often taught in the mainstream churches. Rom.7:12-16 and vs.21 and 25. and Rom. 3:31.
I believe we should 'back up one step' from these and find out IF we are in
agreement (before we try to discuss 'law and sabbath') = are we on 'the same
page' about God's Gospel of Salvation?:

1) Is there only ONE Gospel? Or:

2) Are there TWO gospels, and combining Them is causing much Confusion
in Bible discussions? - ie:

prophecy/Covenants (Directly) to Twelve tribes of Israel, with the Twelve
apostles, preaching "the gospel of the kingdom" where "faith PLUS works"
Are Required By God?:

Mystery/Grace (Directly To and) for us, the Body Of Christ, with One apostle,
Paul, preaching Today's "Gospel Of Grace," Where God Now Saves us "By Grace
Through faith Alone, apart from ALL works"
(Eph 2:8-9; Rom 3-5; Titus 3:5, etc...)

Precious friend, @MessengerofTruth, what think ye?

CE
------------
Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II).

Grace, Peace, And JOY!...

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
We need to understand why Paul went to all the synagogues on the Sabbath days:
1. Jews throughout the Roman empire gathered to worship on the Sabbath days in the synagogues.

2. Jews were familiar with the Old Testament, or at the very least with the Torah.

3. Thus synagogues were perfect for the preaching of the Gospel. But unbelieving Jews would hate those who believed.

4. Christ had already told the apostles that the Gospel was to be first preached to the Jews, then to the Gentiles. There came a time when the Gospel stopped going to the Jews and went only to the Gentiles. That is because of Jewish unbelief.

5. The New Covenant was given to Israel, and by extension to the Church. Therefore the first church was at Jerusalem.

6. After Jews were saved, they became a part of the local church in their district. Thus churches were established and Gentiles were added.

7. Christians in the churches observed the first day of the week -- the Lord's Day -- as their day of rest and worship. This is evident in the New Testament.

8. Paul also made it clear that holy days and Sabbaths were "shadows". The reality was Christ.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
I appreciate your patience. I believe that there is but 1 Gospel.
I understand that from the beginning YHVH desired fellowship and so created man for His own good pleasure.
He created Adam, and then Eve from Adam.
Eve was deceived by the serpent in the Garden and Adam sinned by transgression, being the one that was commanded not to eat of the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of good and Evil.
They both were then set out of the Garden and there had to be a sacrifice to cover their nakedness.
This being the first shadow of the Sacrifice that Christ would be.
Over time there was a gradual apostasy to what was known in regards to the worship of YHVH, as He made His ways known to those that Walked with Him.
YHVH flooded the earth to be rid of the corruptness in it, only saving 8 souls on account of Noah, a preacher of righteousness (because he held fast to that which was revealed to the forefathers being passed on to him.)
After the flood men began to multiply in the earth and again the will of YHVH was rebelled against in the building of a tower. So that YHVH had to confuse the languages to get the people to give up on their rebelling to fill the earth and move to the places YHVH had appointed them.
YHVH then called Abram to follow Him. Promising him a land and a son, even though he was much too old to obtain a son by natural means.
Abraham believed YHVH and obeyed. YHVH blessed him with a miracle son named Isaac.
Isaac then had 2 sons and the elder, Esau, served the younger, Jacob, as prophesied to their mother Rebekah.
Jacob being heir of the blessing went on to have 12 sons, that became the 12 tribes of Israel.
YHVH prophesied that this nation would go into bondage and that He would bring them out, which He did 400 years later.
When the children of Israel came out YHVH showed Great signs and wonders to reveal His arm to the Nations and to His people.
For all of this they murmured and did not believe.
YHVH revealed to them His 10 Commands and wrote them with His finger in tables of Stone. Timeless and Enduring.
He then went on to give them the Law whereby He could outwardly structure a stiff-necked people and make of them a Nation bearing His Name with Signs and Wonders following. The dread of them was upon all nations.
When they obeyed there was blessing. When they disobeyed there was cursing. So that we have this record to this day.
At a time appointed YHVH sent His Son, born of a virgin, as prophesied 400 years earlier.
He grew in wisdom and stature, being sinless, until the time He began His ministry began.
He walked among men revealing the Father, YHVH, to the nation of Israel. Perfectly pleasing the Father even to laying His life down.
The religious folk of His day did not appreciate His message and the direction His ministry was taking the nation.
They conspired to kill Him as a common criminal.
Having fulfilled His ministry and the religious folk accomplishing their wishes, Jesus was arrested.
He was scourged and mocked cruelly and sentenced to die.
He was crucified, guiltlessly, on a tree, taking the chastisement of our peace.
He died as the Passover Lamb of YHVH, without spot or blemish, perfect.
Three days later, He arose from the grave, without seeing corruption.

Jesus came preaching "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand". His disciples went preaching "Repent and Believe that Jesus, whom you crucified, has become the Passover Lamb of God that takes away the sin (transgression of the known will and commands of YHVH)., Repent and be baptized every one of you for the remission of sin. That your sins may be blotted out."

This is what I understand the Gospel to be.
I do not think you can rightly understand the gospel without rightly understanding the history and need for a Savior, the Lamb of YHVH.
I believe that we look back at the Gospel and the Old Testament in an unlearned light.

The whole of the matter is to bring us back into Right Relationship to YHVH, as He intended from the beginning.
I believe that the 10 commandments are timeless and so that we will not be forgetful of our accountability to the Living YHVH, He wrote His standard in stone.

Once we "Do Business" with YHVH by Repenting of our transgressing His Law and not much regarding Him, we receive the promise of YHVH to put His Holy Spirit within us and to make a new covenant with us whereby His Laws will no longer be on tables of stone but now written on the tables of our heart, The New and Living way.
We will now do by nature, being led by the Holy Spirit, to do the things contained in the Law.

This is my understanding and testimony.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I believe that there is but 1 Gospel...

...Jesus came preaching "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand". His disciples went preaching "Repent and Believe that Jesus, whom you crucified, has become the Passover Lamb of God that takes away the sin (transgression of the known will and commands of YHVH)., Repent and be baptized every one of you for the remission of sin. That your sins may be blotted out."

This is what I understand the Gospel to be.
Precious friend, I see you have chosen number:

1) Is there only ONE gospel? and believe it is: "the gospel of the kingdom"

I believe there are 2) Gospels, as I have studied 'Rightly Divided,' and
posted here:

God’s Approval/TWO Different gospels In prophecy And MYSTERY!

Precious friend, please be Very Richly Encouraged and Edified:

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II)!

Komentaja

Jul 29, 2022
Is this hyper dispensationalism when you guys don't even do the ordinance of water baptism? Great commission was given after the resurrection. People were baptized late in the book of Acts as well. No way thats not part of the "church age" or this dispensation, just no way.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Is this hyper dispensationalism when you guys don't even do the ordinance of water baptism? Great commission was given after the resurrection. People were baptized late in the book of Acts as well. No way thats not part of the "church age" or this dispensation, just no way.
“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:3-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
1. Jews throughout the Roman empire gathered to worship on the Sabbath days in the synagogues.

2. Jews were familiar with the Old Testament, or at the very least with the Torah.

3. Thus synagogues were perfect for the preaching of the Gospel. But unbelieving Jews would hate those who believed.

4. Christ had already told the apostles that the Gospel was to be first preached to the Jews, then to the Gentiles. There came a time when the Gospel stopped going to the Jews and went only to the Gentiles. That is because of Jewish unbelief.

5. The New Covenant was given to Israel, and by extension to the Church. Therefore the first church was at Jerusalem.

6. After Jews were saved, they became a part of the local church in their district. Thus churches were established and Gentiles were added.

7. Christians in the churches observed the first day of the week -- the Lord's Day -- as their day of rest and worship. This is evident in the New Testament.

8. Paul also made it clear that holy days and Sabbaths were "shadows". The reality was Christ.
“We need to understand why Paul went to all the synagogues on the Sabbath days:”

“For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; to them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭9:19-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022

I thought Paul was an apostle to the Gentiles and that many of those in the synagogues were gentiles. I could be wrong but, that is how I always understood it...

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
I thought Paul was an apostle to the Gentiles and that many of those in the synagogues were gentiles. I could be wrong but, that is how I always understood it...
Not saying that he did not also minster to the Jews.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
When you go through the book of Acts you will see Paul preaching to the Jews. There may have been a few Gentiles in those synagogues, but the Gospel was to go to the Jews first. then to the Gentiles. Even though God had assigned the Gentiles to Paul and the Jews to Peter, that did not limit them in any way. Peter preached to the Gentiles (and Jews) while Paul preached to the Jews (and Gentiles).