God's foreknowledge

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
That did not answer my question, Nor does it have any connection with what I asked.

Again, Is Gods knowledge limited?
God is all seeing, all knowing and everywhere present. God's knowledge is not limited. He saw what he said he saw in Psalms 53.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Well ... at least we're not like those in Psalm 53:1-3 ... those fools who claim there is no God, they do not seek after God and become filthy ...
Sorry, reneweddaybyday, but we were all like those in Psalms 53 until God regenerated us, Eph 2.

Mar 23, 2016
Sorry, reneweddaybyday, but we were all like those in Psalms 53 until God regenerated us, Eph 2.
God draws us to Himself through His lovingkindness ... just as Jeremiah 31:3 states (The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee). Romans 2:4 tells us the goodness of God leads us to repentance.

Those who turn from Him and His lovingkindness and refuse to be led to repentance by His goodness are those spoken of in Psalm 53:1-3.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
No His foreknowledge is knowing who would respond the right way to His conviction.. Who would accept the gift of salvation he would be providing for them.. His Holy Spirit causes them to be moved to seek..
1 Cor 2:14 tells us what he saw in Psalms 53 and they will not discern the spiritual things of the Holy Spirit until they are born of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, Eph 2.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
1 Cor 2:14 tells us what he saw in Psalms 53 and they will not discern the spiritual things of the Holy Spirit until they are born of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, Eph 2.
Yeah i know this is how you interpret scriptures.. You made it clear in our last discussion many many times.. And you are not willing to contemplate that your interpretation of scripture could be wrong.. So be it..

My post was for the benifit of others who may not yet be solidified into a position..

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
God draws us to Himself through His lovingkindness ... just as Jeremiah 31:3 states (The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee). Romans 2:4 tells us the goodness of God leads us to repentance.

Those who turn from Him and His lovingkindness and refuse to be led to repentance by His goodness are those spoken of in Psalm 53:1-3.
So you are saying that "the children of men" mentioned in Psalms is not all mankind? Are we not all children of men? Jeremiah is speaking about only the families of Israel, which is his elect, whom Jacob, who God changed his name to be called Israel, is representative of God's elect people. Most of the time that the scriptures use the word "Israel" they are referring to God's elect. Those spoken of in Psalms 53 (children of men) are all mankind.

E

eternally-gratefull

God is all seeing, all knowing and everywhere present. God's knowledge is not limited. He saw what he said he saw in Psalms 53.
So God can see that, But can not see who will recieve him and who will not?

Again, Your limiting Gods foreknowledge (what he can see)

All that passage you used says is there are non that seek god. It does not answer the question of what happens if God seeks us..

So again, it does not respond to my question.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Yeah i know this is how you interpret scriptures.. You made it clear in our last discussion many many times.. And you are not willing to contemplate that your interpretation of scripture could be wrong.. So be it..

My post was for the benifit of others who may not yet be solidified into a position..
All scriptures must harmonize or they have been misinterpreted. I can not fully confirm that my interpretation is correct, but it most closely harmonizes over other doctrines I have been subjected to. You would probably have to agree to that with your own interpretation.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
So God can see that, But can not see who will recieve him and who will not?

Again, Your limiting Gods foreknowledge (what he can see)

All that passage you used says is there are non that seek god. It does not answer the question of what happens if God seeks us..

So again, it does not respond to my question.
1 Coe 2:14 describes who God saw in Psalms 53, and we are all included in that number of the children of men, both the elect and the non elect. God does not seek us. God choose us before the foundation of the world, and regenerated his elect by giving them a new heart- Eze 36:26.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The sovereignty of God does not rule out the grace of God. God knows one from the other by His foreknowledge but foreknowledge is not predetermination yet Gods sovereignty is absolute.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
But God's foreknowledge was that he saw none that would seek him, no, not one. Psalms 53.

E

eternally-gratefull

1 Coe 2:14 describes who God saw in Psalms 53, and we are all included in that number of the children of men, both the elect and the non elect. God does not seek us. God choose us before the foundation of the world, and regenerated his elect by giving them a new heart- Eze 36:26.
See your limiting Gods foreknowledge

God chose BASED on foreknowledge. What was his will (see John 6, that whoever sees and believes WILL be saved)

God does seek us, why else would he come into the world. And send representtives from his children to seek the lost out.

Your assuming things not in scripture..

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The real question is does God save according to His foreknowledge? What is the determining factor in men receiving or rejecting the grace of God?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
We all reject him until he regenerates us and gives us a new heart. Eze 36:26.
See your limiting Gods foreknowledge

God chose BASED on foreknowledge. What was his will (see John 6, that whoever sees and believes WILL be saved)

God does seek us, why else would he come into the world. And send representtives from his children to seek the lost out.

Your assuming things not in scripture..
God is not limited in his foreknowledge! God gives man free choice while he lives here in this world. God knows beforehand that our choice will not be to seek him, until he regenerates the elect and puts a new heart in him that new heart is what seeks God' Man can not seek God for the purpose of being eternally saved, because that was accomplished on the cross, in a covenant relationship with God. Only after we are regenerated do we believe in God.

E

eternally-gratefull

We all reject him until he regenerates us and gives us a new heart. Eze 36:26.

God is not limited in his foreknowledge! God gives man free choice while he lives here in this world. God knows beforehand that our choice will not be to seek him, until he regenerates the elect and puts a new heart in him that new heart is what seeks God' Man can not seek God for the purpose of being eternally saved, because that was accomplished on the cross, in a covenant relationship with God
What is in bold is not in scripture

Your right, Man will not seek God. Thats why God goes after them, And some will reject him, Some will recieve him.

This crap that god regenerates a sinner while still in sin not only goes against the word of God It goes against Reality

We are regenerated BECAUSE we have been justified. A person who has not yet been justified is STILL dead in his sin.

We are JUSTIFED by faith.

Either way, YOUR STILL LIMITING GODS FOREKNOWLEDGE, your saying it is impossible for god to know who will recieve him and who will reject him

My God is not limited..

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The real question is does God save according to His foreknowledge? What is the determining factor in men receiving or rejecting the grace of God?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
His mercy

Romans 9:16
So then it is not in him that willeth, nor in him that runneth, but in God that sheweth mercy.

E

eternally-gratefull

His mercy

Romans 9:16
So then it is not in him that willeth, nor in him that runneth, but in God that sheweth mercy.
I think it goes deeper than this, but amen, Without gods mercy no one would have any opportunity of salvation. We would all be condemned to living eternally apart from God

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

Your right, Man will not seek God. Thats why God goes after them, And some will reject him, Some will recieve him.

This crap that god regenerates a sinner while still in sin not only goes against the word of God It goes against Reality

We are regenerated BECAUSE we have been justified. A person who has not yet been justified is STILL dead in his sin.

Either way, YOUR STILL LIMITING GODS FOREKNOWLEDGE, your saying it is impossible for god to know who will recieve him and who will reject him

My God is not limited..
You say that it is crap that God regenerates a sinner while he is yet in sin. Then you will have to tear Eph. verse 5 out of your bible.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

My God is not limited..
I am not saying that it is impossible for God to know who will receive him. I am saying that God knows that the unregenerate sinner will not receive him.

E

eternally-gratefull

You say that it is crap that God regenerates a sinner while he is yet in sin. Then you will have to tear Eph. verse 5 out of your bible.
Um no

I just look at scripture as a whole

1. The bible says we are DEAD because of SIN
2. it says the PENALTY OF SIN is death
3. Thus in order to be made ALIVE, the penalty would have to be removed.

This is called redemption. Also called Justification. Which was paid for by the atoneing sacrifice of Christ.

This, by defenition. One can not be quickened (made alive) until the penalty of sin is removed. Ie. Justification MUST come first.

We are justified BY FAITH, thus by defenition, Justification MUST precede regeneration

Eph 1 5 says we were predestined, i agree.. We are predestined based on foreknowledge.

God can not contradict himself. His truth and all truth must always be true. Otherwise God is a liar.

E

eternally-gratefull

I am not saying that it is impossible for God to know who will receive him. I am saying that God knows that the unregenerate sinner will not receive him.
Yet you can not find that in scripture

Thats what I am saying

The penalty of sin is death, I can not be made alive (regenerated) while I am still under the penalty of sin

And your also saying God can not draw people to a point they will chose to repent and beieve even while dead in their sins

So you limit the power of God also.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
How silly to say the regenerated seek God when we already have Him! One needs to seek God BEFORE being regenerated.

Its like saying a mother seeks to have children when she already has them.
You can say that someone seeks to be a mother when she does not already have them. Before she even falls pregnant. But you cant say she seeks to have children after shes given birth. Shes alteady a mother by then!

Cart before horse.