God's Promises!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 29, 2023
Truly, truly, I tell you, if anyone keeps My word, he will never see death.” John 8:51

I refuse to turn away from the Lord so I will never see death.

Oh my physical body may die if I don't go in the rapture, but if that happens it'll be raised up later and I'll be reunited with my body and it will be a glorified body just like Jesus has now.

So ultimately is defined by the Lord as being separated from Him which is why God's Word tells us to be carnally minded is death (Romans 8:6) as those being carnally minded are separated from the Lord.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Yeah, but if I were going to sell stuff to make money I don't want to be buying from the CCP.

I need to find some vendor in the US.
lol you'll probably find USA buys most of its products from China.

It's good business sense to buy from places that will help you to turn over the most of a good prophet.

You don't want to over work yourself do you, that would be unhealthy lol. Sell less rest longer 😋

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Is this like an advertisement?
nooooo it was my gift to you, just download the app show the Mrs and get in her good books, for how much money you'll save for thousands of house hold products 😋

Having money in your nest egg is healthy for when you retire 😄

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Dec 29, 2023

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Meh, I'm too busy with my relationship with the Lord to start selling communist products

Don't they have a communist AI robot that can do all that for me?

And since it's a communist AI robot, does he just keep all the money earned?
the link i put is a podcast explaining about the city where almost all the cheap Chinese kitsch we buy comes from.

kinda interesting to know the back story.

i do not temu. anything that heavily advertised, i stay as far away as possible from.

i also do not blindly accuse all Chinese of communism. for many years the center of the life of the Church has been in China, not the US. i have been blessed to know many Chinese personally, and it's immediately evident that the people of China are a very different thing than the government of China - even if you've never heard of Tiananmen square, 1989

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
... and claim it's somehow bad to believe the Lord wants His people to be healthy and well.
btw

this might be off-topic,
but who in the world ever said something like that? are sure you're not completely miarepresenting them?

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Yeah, but if I were going to sell stuff to make money I don't want to be buying from the CCP.

I need to find some vendor in the US.
Oakley doakly then 😋

It's your choice at the end of the day.

But at least have a browse on the temu app.

Because when it comes to the Chineese.

What ever you chink as in think could be wong as in wrong 😊

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
There are other promises the Lord has made on other topics that the Lord intends for us to believe for, otherwise He would not have made the promise if it wasn't something He wants us to have.

We all believe promises for salvation and believe we received salvation.

Why not do the same for promises that cover other areas of life?
Yes sickness is death part of the curse and so is poverty ....

But God will only work by faith [us BELIEVING] in these areas ... in salvation His grace overules all. But in these other matters He does spect us to believe. WHY?

Because if we were healed, or if we suddenly began to prosper we [or others] may say it is from the devil.

Mar 7, 2024
Some claim God never promised health to His people and claim it's somehow bad to believe the Lord wants His people to be healthy and well. Some even claim the Lord take joy and pleasure in making people sick and killing their children and spouse with sickness and disease! Imagine that!

Here's some verses that will help folk see God has made some promises we can stand on and believe Him for our own health and well being.

Proverbs 4:20-23 (see John 8:51, Proverbs 5:1,2, James 1:22… Most Christians don’t do this – BIG MISTAKE!)
Attend to My words; incline your ear unto My sayings....let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart....for they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh....keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it flow the forces of life.

*Nobody can say this is just spiritual as the Lord specifically says in this passage
His Word is health to all our flesh very clearly speaking about our body.

Psalms 91:9,10 (see Luke 10:19, 1 John 2:6, James 4:7)
Because you have made the LORD, which is My refuge, even the most High, your habitation;
There shall no evil fall upon you, neither shall any plague come near your household.

(only applicable to those that have submitted their lives to the Lord, walking in the Spirit by allowing God's Word to remain IN them… have I made the Lord my habitation? Am I living IN CHRIST by allowing Him to live in Me?)

1 Peter 2:24
Jesus carried our sins in his own body on the cross, so that we, being dead to sin, should live unto righteousness: by Whose stripes you were healed.

*Some claim "this is only spiritual" and they are reading in to this verse something it does not say, so these folks won't have to worry about being healed physically because they ruled that out and rejected it for their own lives. And yet, when they don't feel well they want other Christians to pray... for what? They reject physical healing so why bother to pray at all

Matthew 8:17
That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Isaiah 53:4, 5
Jesus has carried our grief (pain, anxiety, calamity, disease, sickness), and carried our sorrows (anguish, affliction, feelings of pain, sadness and sorrow): yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted....but He was wounded (to wound, to break, be slain or killed) for our transgressions, He was bruised (crush, destroy, oppress, to collapse) for our iniquities: the punishment (violence, rebuke) of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. (He took our wounds, so we could take his wholeness & health in every area of life)

James 5:14,15
Is any sick among you? (there shouldn’t be) let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. (Unfortunately, it’s near impossible now to find elders that follow God’s Word that know how to pray the prayer of faith… so one MUST learn how to pray / receive directly from the Lord for themselves!... God never mentions calling a physician but instead says "the prayer of faith shall save the sick")

Exodus 15:26
If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in His sight, and will give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will not put (allow) any diseases upon you, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that heals you. (Walk in the Spirit – See Romans 8)

Exodus 23:24-26
You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do their works: but you shall utterly overthrow them, and destroy their images (cast down imaginations and every high thing, see 2 Corinthians 10:5)
And you shall serve Adonai your God, and He shall bless your food and drink; and I will take sickness away from the midst of you.
There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: and you will live out the full span of your lives.

James 4:3
You ask, and receive not, because you ask wrongly, that you may use for your own fleshly desires.
*Some ask for healing with no intention of walking with the Lord (being led by His Word) and ask for themselves for their own selfish motives not being in agreement with the Lord’s purpose for their lives which is to live their lives separated unto Him (Holy) departing from the desires of this world being in agreement with Him.

James 1:5-7
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, in spite of their faults; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed… For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Romans 8:11
But IF the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you (allowed to live in us), He that raised up Jesus Christ from the dead shall also quicken (energize, make alive) your mortal body by His Spirit that lives in you. (see 2 Corinthians 3:17 – where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty, freedom.. this includes healing!)
We don't know why God allows sickness and other bad stuff to happen to His people. He never told us why He does that, but we can assume it's because of our sin and rebellion against Him.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
We don't know why God allows sickness and other bad stuff to happen to His people. He never told us why He does that, but we can assume it's because of our sin and rebellion against Him.
or not.

remember Job, who was afflicted not only with loss of his family and his earthly wealth, but with sickness also - boils.

in the narrative, he was never told why, but we are told, and it wasn't because of sin. it was that God be glorified in the sight of the angels, through Jobs faith.

Dec 29, 2023

It's really sad that some don't know the Lord very well and accuse Him of doing what the devil is doing. People that believe this have been deceived by the devil to accuse God of doing evil.

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

James 1:13
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Jesus said if you've seen me you've seen the Father (John 14:9), and He said He only does what He sees the Father do (John 5:19) and we NEVER see Jesus doing bad things to people. Not even once!

God's Word does tell us why bad things happen to people and here's a few scriptures that speak to that:

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Proverbs 29:18
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth God's Word, happy is he.

Proverbs 26:2
the curse causeless shall not come.

Galatians 6:7,8
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption;

James 1:5-8
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

in the narrative, he was never told why, but we are told, and it wasn't because of sin. it was that God be glorified in the sight of the angels, through Jobs faith.

Job said "the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me" (Job 3:25)
Job was scared his kids would curse God and die and that;s exactly what happened!

Being fearful us actually sinful, so Job is the reason WHY the hedge of protection that God had put around him was broken which allowed the devil to have the right to attack Job.

We know fear is a sin because Jesus said it is:

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The false belief that God is doing bad things to His people to get glory is a lie of the devil - it's a trick of satan as it deceives people in to laying down and submitting to satan's attacks.

It's straight up false doctrine and physiological warfare by demons upon God's people to get them to believe God is bringing harm to them. It's disrespecting the Lord and it's an abomination to accuse the Lord of wrong doing!

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
supplemental to the above is: 1st John 3:20-22 & John 14:13, 14.