GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 5, 2017
How ironic that you take the words of the LORD from Acts 9 wherein he saved Paul out of his bondage to the law and set him free from the law by grace. Yes, he too was kicking against the proddings of grace.
Actually no Paul was not BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD this is what is meant by kicking against the pricks. It we are not BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING God's Word just like Paul was in His day we are kicking against the pricks. We must follow him who LOVES all because only then are we free to LOVE others as He first LOVED us. We only have life by living by EVERY WORD that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

SIN is kicking against the pricks. God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God? Those that say they know him and do not keep His commandments do not know him (1 John 3:6; 1 John 2:4)

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

God bless

Last edited:

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Hello Phil,

Post # 649 is about recognizing those teaching a false Gospel. You should read it as there is many scriptures there as a guide to show us who are God's people and who are not. God's Word is God's Word and we should believe it.

I gather you do not like me cutting and pasting this section at the end of my posts...............

SIN is the transgression of God' Law (James 2:11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Romans 3:20). If we are still in our SINS we do not know HIM who loves all and need to be born again (1 John 3:3-10)

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

There is not one scripture in God's Word that says God's 4th commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

I was thinking of making it my signature but I do not think it would fit. I post it because SIN will keep you OUT of God's Kingdom and it is my duty of LOVE to God and Man
So, I have stayed out of this debate, which has been rehashed here over and over. Jumped from page one to page 33. And what do I find by the OP?

Works righteous!

And what sin? Not observing the Jewish Sabbath! Which is not even a sin! Not even mentioned as a commandment in the NT.

Jesus paid for our sin, on the cross. That is what the atonement was for? Do you not read that part of the Bible?

"He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness." 1 Peter 2:24

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

Please notice, that we are dead to sin in Christ! The gift is free. No, we are not condemned because we do not keep the Saturday Sabbath. Even if the Saturday Sabbath was true, which I do NOT believe is for anyone who is saved, but especially Gentile believers, then keeping it or not is not how we are saved.

God saves us! Not our works!

"
In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." 1 John 4:10

"For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 it is not from works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them." Eph. 2:8-10

But I suppose many people have already pointed this out to this OP, so obsessed with his own self righteousness!

"For Christ is the end of the law, with the result that there is righteousness for everyone who believes." Romans 10:4

Jun 5, 2017
So, I have stayed out of this debate, which has been rehashed here over and over. Jumped from page one to page 33. And what do I find by the OP? Works righteous! And what sin? Not observing the Jewish Sabbath! Which is not even a sin! Not even mentioned as a commandment in the NT. Jesus paid for our sin, on the cross. That is what the atonement was for? Do you not read that part of the Bible? "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness." 1 Peter 2:24 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

Please notice, that we are dead to sin in Christ! The gift is free. No, we are not condemned because we do not keep the Saturday Sabbath. Even if the Saturday Sabbath was true, which I do NOT believe is for anyone who is saved, but especially Gentile believers, then keeping it or not is not how we are saved.

God saves us! Not our works!

"In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." 1 John 4:10

"For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 it is not from works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them." Eph. 2:8-10

But I suppose many people have already pointed this out to this OP, so obsessed with his own self righteousness!

"For Christ is the end of the law, with the result that there is righteousness for everyone who believes." Romans 10:4
Hello Angela,

Do you have the FRUIT of LOVE and are you free to LOVE others as HE has LOVED us? No one on this thread is telling you or anyone else that their salvation is by what they do. We only have salvation by faith that works by LOVE. True FAITH that works by LOVE has the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE. IF your FAITH does not have the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE then you are still in your SINS and do not know HIM who loves ALL ( 1 John 3:6; James 2:18; 20 ; 26 )

IF you are still in your SINS than you need to SEEK HIM who LOVES all so that you can LOVE as HE first LOVED us. LOVE is the Fulfilling of His Law in those that WALK in HIS Spirit. ( Romans 8:1-4 ) because they have found him who LOVES us through repentance and forgiveness (1 John 1:9; Acts 5:32)

This is why Jesus says if you LOVE me keep my commandments (John 14:15)

HE that says they know him and does not keep is COMMANDMENTS is a LIAR and the TRUTH is not IN HIM (1 John 2:4)

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

God bless

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017
stop it hizikyah. stop twisting scriptures and using translations that nobody has heard of. no verse says Yahshua ever, in ot or nt. its completely made up. u are adding to scriptures. fake news, fake jew. just be a christian. its the church age.
I am not sure why you keep accusing Hizikyah of twisting scripture yet you provide none to show him of any error? Then you accuse him of not being a Christian?

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
I am not sure why you keep accusing Hizikyah of twisting scripture yet you provide none to show him of any error? Then you accuse him of not being a Christian?
Thank you brother, praise to Yah!

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Isaiah 51:7, “Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, a people in whose heart is My Torah (Instructions/Law): do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of their reviling.”[/FONT]

Jun 5, 2017
Thank you brother, praise to Yah! Isaiah 51:7, “Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, a people in whose heart is My Torah (Instructions/Law): do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of their reviling.”
AMEN Hizikyah; because who are we that he should save us who are full of sin without him. Praise Him who first loved us that we should be called the sons and daughters of God. We are indeed UNWORTHY but WORTHY is the LAMB that was SLAIN from the FOUNDATION of the WORLD who says; with an EVERLASTING LOVE have I LOVED YOU and with LOVING KINDNESS have I DRAWN YOU.

God bless you Hizikyar as you continue to seek Him through His Word.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
Why were 10 Commandments written separately in stone by GOD?
The ten commandments are Ex 20:3-17. They are part of and fully contained in the Law of Moses.

God wrote them in stone because He knew that people would doubt that Moses was speaking for God if he did not have tangible evidence to support his claim. God could not give Moses the 5 books of the Law in stone because Moses would not have been able to carry them. I suppose Moses could have laid out sufficient pieces of stone and God could have written them before the people's eyes; but God chose not to work that way. Perhaps God did not want to totally eliminate the need for faith.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
"And Moses turned and went down from the mountain, and the two tables of testimony were in his hands, tables of stone written on both their sides: they were written within and without. And the tables were the work of God, and the writing the writing of God written on the tables.

And when he drew nigh to the camp, he sees the calf and the dances; and Moses being very angry cast the two tables out of his hands, and broke them to pieces under the mountain."

Ex 32

Everything that is written in Scriptures has a meaning. This was not an accident.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
The central message of the New Testament is that Man cannot please God through his own efforts. Our relationship with God is based solely on what God did for us through Jesus suffering. There is absolutely nothing man can do to add to what Jesus has done for us; nor are any acts required of us to maintain the relationship.

After God has saved a person by His grace through faith alone; He will begin to work in believers' lives through the indwelling Holy Spirit to cause our attitudes and actions to be more and more like those of Jesus. There will indeed be works in a believer's life; but they will be God's works in us not our works for Him.

Jesus' major disagreement with the Pharisees was that the Pharisees were trying to put people under Law and Jesus wanted people to live under grace. The Holy Spirit within us causes us both to do and to desire the will of the Father. No set of rules can ever accomplish this.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
The ten commandments are Ex 20:3-17. They are part of and fully contained in the Law of Moses.

God wrote them in stone because He knew that people would doubt that Moses was speaking for God if he did not have tangible evidence to support his claim. God could not give Moses the 5 books of the Law in stone because Moses would not have been able to carry them. I suppose Moses could have laid out sufficient pieces of stone and God could have written them before the people's eyes; but God chose not to work that way. Perhaps God did not want to totally eliminate the need for faith.

I think that that is a little short sighted personally.. . I actually was considering the matter of the broken tablets last night as you do.. and there I think what took place was very symbolic ... the Messiah’s Testimony teaches the least Commandment is still to be Kept.. Grace, Truth and Love from GOD is His New Covenant where those that Love Him Keep His Commandments.. that is Faith that worketh by Love.. GOD loves and wants the best for us...we believe this through His New Covenant where His Law is put in our hearts and on our minds.. the veil was Twain and.. the Messiah entered in having got Victory for us...

The Word of GOD teaches me there is the law of Moses and the law of GOD.. only by Faith in the Lord is it seperate.. GOD had His plan from the beginning the problem was we sinners that needed to be Born again of the Holy Spirit... One Had to come to be Worthy.. and He came and leads His people into the Kingdom of GOD.

Everything was always pointing to the Lamb that is worthy before the foundation of the world..

anyhow I will I’ll not go on.. for it is a joy to proclaim forever but you are aware already.

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
Originally Posted by MarcR

I think that that is a little short sighted personally.
Think on :)

. . I actually was considering the matter of the broken tablets last night as you do.. and there I think what took place was very symbolic ...
Symbolic of the fact that man broke them from the beginning.

the Messiah’s Testimony teaches the least Commandment is still to be Kept.. Grace, Truth and Love from GOD is His New Covenant where those that Love Him Keep His Commandments..
Apart from those which were fulfilled. And the Sabbath was fulfilled.

that is Faith that worketh by Love.. GOD loves and wants the best for us...we believe this through His New Covenant where His Law is put in our hearts and on our minds.. the veil was Twain and.. the Messiah entered in having got Victory for us...
And so the tables of stone were redundant

The Word of GOD teaches me there is the law of Moses and the law of GOD.
Absolutely,

. only by Faith in the Lord is it seperate.. GOD had His plan from the beginning the problem was we sinners that needed to be Born again of the Holy Spirit... One Had to come to be Worthy.. and He came and leads His people into the Kingdom of GOD.

Everything was always pointing to the Lamb that is worthy before the foundation of the world..
The law of Moses was done away, replaced by the law of God written in the heart..

anyhow I will I’ll not go on.
good:)

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Think on :)

Symbolic of the fact that man broke them from the beginning.

Apart from those which were fulfilled. And the Sabbath was fulfilled.

And so the tables of stone were redundant

Absolutely,

The law of Moses was done away, replaced by the law of God written in the heart..

good:)

The Law of GOD is His Commandments.. and 10 were seperate for reasons that were going to always be so... even myself am short sighted for GOD knows all things I just admire His Greatness..

Now the Sabbath is still to be Kept and Taught by the Messiah’s Testimony.. you can believe Him or not.. but He affirmed even the least Commandment.. the Royal Law of Love.. no Commandment is broken when Love is the reason for..

Symbolic of the need for Faith.. for Grace and Love.. for Mercy and all that GOD is.. the depths are many upon many..

You can now thank yourself for me going on.. :)

Jan 25, 2015

Brother Marc, the Bible teach us that an adulterous and wicket generation seek a sign.

I have an opinion on why the 10 commandments were written in stone and it is because God did not want His children to change the law like they did by adding their additional laws.

Jan 25, 2015
Jesus' major disagreement with the Pharisees was that the Pharisees were trying to put people under Law and Jesus wanted people to live under grace. The Holy Spirit within us causes us both to do and to desire the will of the Father. No set of rules can ever accomplish this.
Marc, were they trying to put the people under their law or God's law? That is the key question.

Jun 5, 2017
Hello MarcR,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Firstly God's Law was written by God himself on stone and the Mosaic laws written by Moses in a book were separate laws with different purposes. God's Law (10 commandments) written on stone is called such because God made them by himself with no help from mankind and spoken by God personally to His people. The Mosaic laws written in a book were made by Moses being inspired by God through the Holy Spirit. Both of them together made up the Old Covenant and as such God's Law was placed INSIDE the Ark of the Covenant while the book of Moses was placed in the SIDE of the Ark.

God wrote them in stone because He knew that people would doubt that Moses was speaking for God if he did not have tangible evidence to support his claim.
Well this was not quite true because God's people had the presence of HIS Cloud with them the whole time and God spoke the 10 commandments personally to His people after they were made and the tables of stone were given to Moses (Exodus 20:1-17). So if God spoke them to His people personally there would not have been any doubt that they came from God Himself because God supported His claim with His own VOICE.

God could not give Moses the 5 books of the Law in stone because Moses would not have been able to carry them. I suppose Moses could have laid out sufficient pieces of stone and God could have written them before the people's eyes; but God chose not to work that way.
Then according to that reasoning why did God need to make the 10 commandments in the first place when he could of told Moses to just put them in the book with everything else?

The answer is clearly that they are separate laws. God's Law as the scriptures say are forever. The Mosaic laws for remission of sin where temporary Shadows of the New Covenant and are fulfilled in Christ (see OP and Hebrews 8; 9; 10)

What was the purpose of God's Law (10 commandments) written on stone by God and the Mosaic laws written by Moses in a book...............................

(1) God’s Law (10 commandments)

Purpose;
reveals what sin and righteousness (right doing) is and the describes the penalty for sin (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; Romans 6:23). It was never a cure for sin. But it was the work of God which is forever and the foundation of the Old Covenant, the New Covenant and the Judgement to come. (Exodus 32:16; Exodus 31:18; 31:18; Exodus 20:1-22; Deuteronomy 10:5; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; Romans 6:23; Hebrews 7:19; Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31; Ps 111:7-8; Revelation 12:17; 14:12; 22:14; 1 John 3:5-8; 1 John 2:3-4; Ecclesiastes 3:14)

(2) The laws of Moses (Levitical, ceremonial, sacrificial)

Purpose;
was the prescriptive cure for sin with all the Levitical and ceremonial laws, burnt offerings for sin, annual feast days foretelling the plan of salvation which were connected to Feast days with New Moon sabbaths, food and drink offerings and other Holy days. These where all types pointing to Jesus and the plan of salvation and provided a cure for sin through animal sacrifice and food and drink offerings and yearly sin atonement's for God’s people. (Leviticus 1:1-13; Leviticus 23:1-44; Numbers 28:1-31; 29:1-40; Deuteronomy 24:10-11; Exodus 24:3; Deuteronomy 31:24-26; Colossians 2:16-16; Hebrews 10:1; Ephesians 2:14-15; Leviticus 4; 5; 6; Hebrews 4:14; 9;10; John 1:29; not exhaustive there are many more).

Why were the ceremonial laws of Moses (handwriting of ordinances) nailed to the cross and shadows of things to come......

Jesus was our true sacrifice for our sins and the Savior of the world that the ceremonial laws of Moses all pointed to. When Jesus came and died the old Covenant laws of Moses that pointed to Jesus and the plan of salvation was fulfilled (John 1:29; 36; Revelation 5:6; 1 Corinthians 5:6-7; Hebrews 8:2-13; 9:1-28). Jesus is our true Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world and our sacrifice for our sins. It is our sins as well as the ceremonial laws of Moses that were nailed to the cross at the death of Jesus (Colossians 2:14; Ephesians 2:15; John 3:16).

Linking the old testament Mosaic Shadow laws for remission of sin to the New Covenant....

ISAIAH 1 [10] Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.[11] To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I AM FULL OF THE BURNT OFFERINGS of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.[12] When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?[13] BRING NO MORE VAIN OBLATIONS; incense is an abomination unto me; THE NEW MOONS AND SABBATHS, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.[14] Your new moons and your APPOINTED FEASTS my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

HEBREWS 10 [7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. [8] Above when he said, SACRIFICE AND OFFERING AND BURNT OFFERINGS AND OFFERING FOR SIN THOU WOULDEST NOT, NEITHER HADST PLEASURE THEREIN; WHICH ARE OFFERED BY THE LAW; [9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND. [10] By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. [11] And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: [12] But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Hebrews 10 explains exactly what Isaiah 1 was speaking about. He takes away the 1st covenant {the meat and drink offerings} and established the 2nd covenant {the body of Christ}

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

New testament...blood

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

old covenant...blood of goats.....The meat and drink offerings

HEBREWS 10 [4] FOR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND.

EPHESIANS 2 [15] HAVING ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;[16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

HEBREWS 13 [9] Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be ESTABLISHED WITH GRACE; NOT WITH MEATS, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. [10] We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. [11] For THE BODIES OF THOSE BEASTS, WHOSE BLOOD is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. [12] WHEREFORE JESUS ALSO, THAT HE MIGHT SANCTIFY THE PEOPLE WITH HIS OWN BLOOD, suffered without the gate.

HEBREWS 8 [2] A MINISTER OF THE SANCTUARY, AND OF THE TRUE TABERNACLE, WHICH THE LORD PITCHED AND NOT MAN. [3] For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. [4] For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: [5] WHO SERVES AS AN EXAMPLE AND SHADOW OF THE HEAVENLY THINGS, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount. [6] But now hath HE HAS OBTAINED A MORE EXCELLENT MINISTRY, by how much also he is the mediator of a BETTER COVENANT, WHICH WAS ESTABLISHED ON BETTER PROMISES . [7] For if that FIRST COVENANT HAD BEEN FAULTLESS, THEN NO PLACE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOUGHT FOR A SECOND. [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITHE THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
[12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decays and waxes old is ready to vanish away.

Yep lots of scripture and many more not in this post that identify what the shadow law was that is fulfilled in Christ. It has never been God's Law which the scriptures say are forever and the vert standard of the Old and New Covenants and the Judgement to come.............

The Law of God (10 commandments) which includes the 4th commandment is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Psalms 19:7). It is the very standard of the Old and New Covenants (Exodus 20:1:17, Hebrews 8:10-12). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Exodus 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 25:35). Gods Law is still in force today (Psalms 111:7-8, Revelation 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5).

Jun 5, 2017
"And Moses turned and went down from the mountain, and the two tables of testimony were in his hands, tables of stone written on both their sides: they were written within and without. And the tables were the work of God, and the writing the writing of God written on the tables.

And when he drew nigh to the camp, he sees the calf and the dances; and Moses being very angry cast the two tables out of his hands, and broke them to pieces under the mountain."

Ex 32
Everything that is written in Scriptures has a meaning. This was not an accident.
It was symbolic of God's people breaking God's commandments

prove-all

May 16, 2014
So what was the meaning of The Golden Pot in the Ark, holding The Manna ?

Where is it now?

Heb 9:4 having a golden altar of incense, and the ark of the covenant overlaid
round about with gold, wherein was a golden pot holding the manna,
and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;