GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
I am sad that you try to complicate the simple message of the Gospel and mix it with Moses´ Law.

"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel--which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ."

Gal 1:6-7

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Romans 7:25, “Thanks be to YHWH, I have deliverance through Yahshua Messiah our King! So then, with this same mind, I myself serve the Law of YHWH, while in the flesh that is yet subject to the law of sin.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
Revelation
14:12-13, “Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding the Commands of
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]and the Belief of [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהושע[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]. And I heard a voice out of the heaven saying to me, Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Master from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, in order that they rest from their labors, and their works follow with them.”

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Romans 7:12-14, “So that the Law truly is holy, and the command holy, and righteous, and good. Therefore, has that which is good become death to me? Let it not be! But the sin, that sin might be manifest, was working death in me through what is good, so that sin through the command might become an exceedingly great sinner. For we know that the Law is Spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold under sin."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2 Corinthians 3:7-8, “But if the administering of death in letters, engraved on stones, was esteemed, so that the children of Yisra’yl were unable to look steadily at the face of Mosheh because of the esteem of his face, which was passing away, how much more esteemed shall the administering of the Spirit not be?”

[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Galatians 2:7-8, “In fact, they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel for the circumcised. For the one who worked through Peter by making him an apostle to the circumcised also worked through me by sending me to the Gentiles.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Acts 15:6-7, “So the apostles and the elders met to consider this statement. After a lengthy debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God chose me to be the one among you through whom the Gentiles would hear the message of the gospel and believe."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Timothy 2:7, "For this reason I was appointed to be an announcer, an apostle, and a faithful and true teacher of the gentiles. (I am telling you the truth. I am not lying.)"[/FONT]

[/FONT]

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
Romans 7:25, “Thanks be to YHWH, I have deliverance through Yahshua Messiah our King! So then, with this same mind, I myself serve the Law of YHWH, while in the flesh that is yet subject to the law of sin.”

1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."

Revelation
14:12-13, “Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding the Commands of
יהוה and the Belief of יהושע. And I heard a voice out of the heaven saying to me, Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Master from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, in order that they rest from their labors, and their works follow with them.”

Romans 7:12-14, “So that the Law truly is holy, and the command holy, and righteous, and good. Therefore, has that which is good become death to me? Let it not be! But the sin, that sin might be manifest, was working death in me through what is good, so that sin through the command might become an exceedingly great sinner. For we know that the Law is Spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold under sin."

2 Corinthians 3:7-8, “But if the administering of death in letters, engraved on stones, was esteemed, so that the children of Yisra’yl were unable to look steadily at the face of Mosheh because of the esteem of his face, which was passing away, how much more esteemed shall the administering of the Spirit not be?”

Galatians 2:7-8, “In fact, they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel for the circumcised. For the one who worked through Peter by making him an apostle to the circumcised also worked through me by sending me to the Gentiles.”

Acts 15:6-7, “So the apostles and the elders met to consider this statement. After a lengthy debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God chose me to be the one among you through whom the Gentiles would hear the message of the gospel and believe."

1Timothy 2:7, "For this reason I was appointed to be an announcer, an apostle, and a faithful and true teacher of the gentiles. (I am telling you the truth. I am not lying.)"

usual list of unconnected verses? LOL

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Romans 7:25, “Thanks be to YHWH, I have deliverance through Yahshua Messiah our King! So then, with this same mind, I myself serve the Law of YHWH, while in the flesh that is yet subject to the law of sin.”

1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."

Revelation
יהוה and the Belief of יהושע. And I heard a voice out of the heaven saying to me, Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Master from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, in order that they rest from their labors, and their works follow with them.”

Romans 7:12-14, “So that the Law truly is holy, and the command holy, and righteous, and good. Therefore, has that which is good become death to me? Let it not be! But the sin, that sin might be manifest, was working death in me through what is good, so that sin through the command might become an exceedingly great sinner. For we know that the Law is Spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold under sin."

2 Corinthians 3:7-8, “But if the administering of death in letters, engraved on stones, was esteemed, so that the children of Yisra’yl were unable to look steadily at the face of Mosheh because of the esteem of his face, which was passing away, how much more esteemed shall the administering of the Spirit not be?”

Galatians 2:7-8, “In fact, they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel for the circumcised. For the one who worked through Peter by making him an apostle to the circumcised also worked through me by sending me to the Gentiles.”

Acts 15:6-7, “So the apostles and the elders met to consider this statement. After a lengthy debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God chose me to be the one among you through whom the Gentiles would hear the message of the gospel and believe."

1Timothy 2:7, "For this reason I was appointed to be an announcer, an apostle, and a faithful and true teacher of the gentiles. (I am telling you the truth. I am not lying.)"

usual list of unconnected verses? LOL
Totally, there is no meassage there.

Jun 5, 2017
Hi brother LoveGodforever

is Leviticus 23:24 weekly sabbath?

24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
Hi Brother Jackson,

No this is a special Sabbath that can fall on any day of the week. It is the annual festival Sabbath of the Feast of Trumpets.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Totally, there is no meassage there.
There is a message but it seems you aren't getting it.

There is One that can give you Rest but you don't believe it.

How could you believe Paul or anything Christian if you don't even believe the Lord Jesus Christ?

Matthew 11:28 [FONT=&quot]Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

[/FONT]
Hebrews 4:2-3
[FONT=&quot]2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Romans 7:25, “Thanks be to YHWH, I have deliverance through Yahshua Messiah our King! So then, with this same mind, I myself serve the Law of YHWH, while in the flesh that is yet subject to the law of sin.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."[/FONT]

Revelation
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]and the Belief of [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהושע[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]. And I heard a voice out of the heaven saying to me, Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Master from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, in order that they rest from their labors, and their works follow with them.”

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Romans 7:12-14, “So that the Law truly is holy, and the command holy, and righteous, and good. Therefore, has that which is good become death to me? Let it not be! But the sin, that sin might be manifest, was working death in me through what is good, so that sin through the command might become an exceedingly great sinner. For we know that the Law is Spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold under sin."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2 Corinthians 3:7-8, “But if the administering of death in letters, engraved on stones, was esteemed, so that the children of Yisra’yl were unable to look steadily at the face of Mosheh because of the esteem of his face, which was passing away, how much more esteemed shall the administering of the Spirit not be?”

[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Galatians 2:7-8, “In fact, they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel for the circumcised. For the one who worked through Peter by making him an apostle to the circumcised also worked through me by sending me to the Gentiles.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Acts 15:6-7, “So the apostles and the elders met to consider this statement. After a lengthy debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God chose me to be the one among you through whom the Gentiles would hear the message of the gospel and believe."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1Timothy 2:7, "For this reason I was appointed to be an announcer, an apostle, and a faithful and true teacher of the gentiles. (I am telling you the truth. I am not lying.)"[/FONT]

[/FONT]
1. There is no YHWH or Yah or יהוה or יהושע in the New Testament. Do not edit Scriptures according to your wishes.

I do not trust you do not edit also the rest of the text, so when you post something, I am never sure.

-----

R 7:25 - yes, we are still sinful

1J 5 - its not about the Moses Law, because the Moses Law is heavy.

Rev 14 - not about the Moses´Law

R 7:12 - Paul is positioning himself historically before Christ, under the Law, its his style of arguing, used many times in Romans

2Cor 3:7 - I am not sure what you are trying to say by this verse, it says that the Law of Moses brought death and passed away

Gal 2 - This epistle is written against people like you, so just read more of it

Acts 15, 1Tim - I do not see the connection to the topic

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
and the response was.............

who said..........

followed by a follower who said.......

Now friends,

If you do not know the what the Gospel is how can you know the Word of God? If you do not know the Word of God how can you preach it to others? If someone does not know God's Word and tries to preach it to other they will both fall into a ditch because the blind cannot lead the blind.

WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

The death, burial and resurrection of Christ is a very important part of the Gospel but is that all there is to the Gospel?

Lets look at God's Word...................................

The Gospel means; G2098 εὐαγγέλιον euaggelion (ev-an-ğe'-liy-on) n. a good message; Good news.

Ok I think most know that the word Gospel means good news or a good message. So if you only believe that the Gospel is the death burial and resurrection of Christ, how do you harmonize the following scriptures.........................

After Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist............

Mark 1
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL.

Wait a minuet? Jesus is ONLY JUST STARTING HIS MINISTRY and has NOT DIED, has not been buried and if he has not died and not been buried he certainly has not been resurrected. Yet here we have Jesus BEGINNING his MINISTRY and preaching the GOSPEL

and again..................

Mark 8
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but WHOSOEVER SHALL LOSE HIS LIFE FOR MY SAKE AND THE GOSPELS, THE SAME SHALL SAVE IT.

Well here we have it again the Gospel is being preached BEFORE the death of Jesus and again.....................

Matthew 4
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and PREACHING THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Seems like Matthew and Mark both agree that Jesus is preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom before the death of Jesus...

Matthew 9
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and PREACHING THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

Yep Jesus still going about everywhere preaching the Gospel. His whole Ministry BEFORE His DEATH was preaching the GOSPEL..

Matthew 11
, Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
5, The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and THE POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM.

and again..............

Matthew 24
And this GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM SHALL BE PREACHED IN ALL THE WORLD for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Yep Jesus is still preaching the Gospel before His Death and Resurrection. Mathew and Mark both agree.....
Luke talks about Jesus in the Synagogue.....

Luke 4
And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because HE HAS ANNOTATED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Well it seems like Isaiah from the OLD TESTAMENT knew about the Gospel so the Gospel indeed was being preached BEFORE the DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS.......

Luke 7
Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor THE GOSPEL IS PREACHED.

Yep Matthew, Mark and Luke all agree the Gospel was being preached BEFORE the DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS.......

Luke 20
And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the people in the temple, and PREACHED THE GOSPEL, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders,

Yep there goes Jesus again teaching the people in the temple and preaching the GOSPEL before the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.....

So ok lets bring it all together............

The Good New (Gospel) is JESUS and Jesus is the WORD OF GOD. It is the W ORD OF GOD THAT IS THE GOSPEL that we are to BELIEVE IN AND LIVE BY. (Matt 4:4; John 1-1-4; John 3:16). We have to BELIEVE EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD? It is by GRACE that we are SAVED <HOW?> THROUGH FAITH and NOT of your selves it is a GIFT of GOD and NOT of WORKS LEST ANY MAN should boast. We are saved by BELIEVING the WORD of GOD THIS is the GOSPEL and the Good new that Jesus is proclaiming. The Word of God is the everlasting Gospel and it is to the Word of God that we point all who have ears to hear and eyes to see.

Now if you do not know what the GOSPEL is how can you preach it to others? Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY WORD that proceeds out of the MOUTH of GOD.

Now was God's LAW (10 commandments) the work of God and did it come OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD......................

Exodus 32
, And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.

Ecclesiastes 3
I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOES, IT SHALL BE FOREVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God does it, that men should fear before him.

Did God make the ten commandments then His Word says they are FOREVER.......................

Exodus 31
And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, WRITTEN WITH THE FINGER OF GOD.

Did God speak the 10 commandments to His people personally? Well YES he did so they are FOREVER......................

Exodus 20
1, And GOD SPOKE ALL THESE WORDS, SAYING,
2, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.1
3, Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4, Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5, Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6, And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7, Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8, Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9, Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10, But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12, Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13, Thou shalt not kill.
14, Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15, Thou shalt not steal.
16, Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17, Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
18, And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
19, And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

If God's Word is the ten commandments as shown above, The scriptures tell us that God's Word is FOREVER.........

Isaiah 40
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but THE WORD OF OUR GOD SHALL STAND FOREVER.

1 Peter 1
,But THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Psalms 119
, YOUR WORK O LORD IS ETERNAL; it stands firm in the heavens.

Matthew 24
, Heaven and earth will pass away, but MY WORDS WILL NOT PASS AWAY.

The 10 commandments are God's Word therefore are FOREVER...............................

Does God change his mind?

Numbers 23
God is not human, that he should lie, NOT A HUMAN BEING THAT HE SHOULD CHANGE HIS MIND. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Hebrews 13
Jesus Christ is THE SAME yesterday and today and FOREVER

Malachi 3
I THE LORD DO NOT CHANGE. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed

Summary; God does NOT CHANGE his WORD is the Ten Commandments so they are FOREVER. The 10 commandments are the WORK OF GOD so they are FOREVER.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten ( Exodus 20:8-11 ) If we brea k any one of the ten we stand guilty before God of SIN ( James 2:8-11 ) and need to repent and seek his forgiveness ( Proverbs 28:13; 1 Jo hn 2:1; 1 John 1:9). Those th at continue a life in known unrepentant sin will not enter into God's Kingdom (Hebrews 10:26-27)

There is NO SCRIPTURE that says that God's 4th commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now COMMANDED to keep Sunday as a HOLY day..................

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?
Wait a minuet? Jesus is ONLY JUST STARTING HIS MINISTRY and has NOT DIED, has not been buried and if he has not died and not been buried he certainly has not been resurrected. Yet here we have Jesus BEGINNING his MINISTRY and preaching the GOSPEL

Jesus began speaking of His impending death, burial and resurrection from the outset of His ministry it is NOT a different Gospel. Jesus from the beginning associated Himself with the suffering servant of Isaiah, not the conquering king of Daniel.

Jun 5, 2017
It's a "different" gospel.

I gave a thorough explanation of what the gospel IS and was careful to make a distinction between the content of the gospel of the kingdom to Israel prior to the cross and the gospel of grace, taught by the apostle Paul for this dispensation in post #97 below.

What is the New Covenant
Hello MMD,

Yes did give an explanation but as shown from the scriptures, you do not KNOW what the Gospel is and who God’s Israel are as was shown in posts # 95 and post after yours post # 98 that you just ignored. This is sad for you. In your first post you said that the Gospel is………..

Amen! The Gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ in post # 90
Now you are breaking the Gospel up into different sections within the Word of God into the “Gospel of the Kingdom and the Gospel of Grace” This is only agreeing with what I posted earlier that Jesus is the Gospel and he is the Word of God therefore the WORD of GOD is the Gospel (Good news) and we are to live by EVERY WORD of it. Have you now changed your mind now?

So let’s put it all here so everyone can see as it would be good to add it to this thread as well. I have provided all the links of origin for transparency and not hide bits and pieced shall we? You post a link above saying what is the New Covenant. It is clear from your post you do not know what the Old or the New Covenant is. If you do not know what the Covenant's are how can you teach them to others?

Please if you do not agree with what I am saying now and I have asked this question to you earlier but you never respond. What is the Old Covenant mean to you and what made up the Old Covenant and how has this changed into the NEW Covenant and what is the NEW Covenant? I will look forward to your reply but I will not hold by breath waiting.

Only scripture please if you do reply.......

The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16). To "believe" the gospel, as taught by the apostle Paul, is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. The gospel is a message of grace to be received through faith. The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation.
You seem very confused as after stating above that there is a Gospel of the Kingdom of God and a Gospel of Grace you now repeat yourself again saying ………

The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ
Yes I agreed with you earlier this is part of the Gospel but it is not all there is to the Gospel. The Gospel is JESUS <Jesus means Savior; John 1:29> and JESUS is THE WORD OF GOD (John 1:1-14; 17:17; 14:6). THE WORD OF GOD is the GOSPEL BECAUSE BY FAITH IT IS OUR SAVIOR and this the IS GOOD NEWS to those who BELIEVE.

John 3

16, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVES <the WORD> in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17, For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18, He that BELIEVES ON HIM <the WORD> is not condemned: but he that BELIEVES NOT <the WORD> is condemned already, because he hath not BELIEVED IN THE NAME <the WORD is SAVIOR John 1:29> of the only begotten Son of God.
19, And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20, For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21, But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

You fail to take a hold of the word meaning of Gospel which is good news and yet in your earlier post admit that there is more then one application for the use of the word Gospel. The Gospel in indeed the Word of God and we are to BELIEVE EVERY WORD OF IT (Matthew 4:4).

The gospel is not obey the 10 commandments or keep the sabbath day as the means of your salvation and the gospel is also not the entire word of God. Mormons have "added" the book of Mormon to the Bible and call it the "fullness" of the gospel, but such people are ALL teaching a "different" gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9)
Now your just digging a deeper hole for yourself to fall into my friend. SIN is the transgression or breaking of God’s LAW (10 commandments) and gives us a knowledge of SIN as written in James 2:11; Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20 and 1 John 3:4. How can you find Jesus if you do not know you’re a sinner? Of course the 10 commandments are a part of the Gospel.

The false Gospel is one the tries to do away with God's Law which the scripture say are the very standard of the Old and NEW Covenant and the Judgement to come.........

The Law of God (10 commandments) which includes the 4th commandment is the work of God (Exodus 32:16)

Whatsoever God does is FOREVER nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14).

God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Psalms 19:7).

It is the very standard of the Old and New Covenants (Exodus 20:1:17, Hebrews 8:10-12).

God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Exodus 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 25:35).

Gods Law is still in force today (Psalms 111:7-8, Revelation 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.).

The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Savior (James 2:11; Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4).

It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31).

God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5).

God's people keep all the commandments of God including the Sabbath even in the NEW EARTH (Rev 12:17; 14:12; 22:14; Isaiah 66:23)

The Good news of the New Covenant is that God can save is from our sins and write his Law in our hearts so that we can follow him and be free to LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW and is why Jesus says; If you LOVE me keep my commandments.

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place. There is NO scripture that says Jesus is a Sabbath.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Now you disagree? Please show me from God's Word.....

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015

Jesus began speaking of His impending death, burial and resurrection from the outset of His ministry it is NOT a different Gospel. Jesus from the beginning associated Himself with the suffering servant of Isaiah, not the conquering king of Daniel.
Either this or the word "gospel" just means good message, not every use in the Bible must be THE gospel we are talking about, the gospel used after all was done and clarified.

----

Jesus preached that the kingdom of God was coming, that was a good message, so, yes, a gospel.

But the gospel from our perspective of already finished work of Christ and of already present kingdom of God is the preaching that God´s Son died for our sins (and rose again) so that He paid for our sins and thats why we can have eternal life while believing in Him...

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017

Hi MarcR,

You nearly had most of the post correct accept the second part. Where does it say in God's Word that Jesus starting preaching about his death, burial and resurrection at the start of His ministry?

Jesus's ministry started since he was a child but more so after the Baptism of John and his temptation in the wilderness where he soon after started preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND! (Matthew 4:17; 23; 9:35; 11:5; 24:14; 26:16)

Did you know that the Gospel was being preached BEFORE the NEW Testament scriptures (Hebrews 4:2)? The GOSPEL is indeed JESUS; the Word of God and he is the good news of the Old and NEW Testament scripture that we are to BELIEVE and FOLLOW.

The Gospel is JESUS <Jesus means Savior; John 1:29> and JESUS is THE WORD OF GOD (John 1:1-14; 17:17; 14:6). THE WORD OF GOD is the GOSPEL BECAUSE BY FAITH IT IS OUR SAVIOR and this the IS GOOD NEWS to those who BELIEVE. (John 1:1-14; John 1:29; John 17:17; 14:6; Matthew 4:4)

Mark 1:1
The beginning of the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST; THE SON OF GOD <the WORD OF GOD; John 1:1-14; 17:17; 14:6>

Do you believe the Gospel or just some of it?

Last edited:

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Either this or the word "gospel" just means good message, not every use in the Bible must be THE gospel we are talking about, the gospel used after all was done and clarified.

----

Jesus preached that the kingdom of God was coming, that was a good message, so, yes, a gospel.

But the gospel from our perspective of already finished work of Christ and of already present kingdom of God is the preaching that God´s Son died for our sins (and rose again) so that He paid for our sins and thats why we can have eternal life while believing in Him...
This is where we need to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH. I gave a thorough explanation of what the gospel IS and was careful to make a distinction between the content of the gospel of the kingdom to Israel prior to the cross and the gospel of grace, after the cross, taught by the apostle Paul for this dispensation in post #97 below and the truth still stands.

http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/161028-what-new-covenant-5.html#post3375635

Again, we are not fooled for one minute by misguided, modern day teachers of the law/shady lawyer types who fail to rightly divide the word of truth and teach salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works and pervert the Gospel of grace. ;)

Jun 5, 2017
Do you know what day is the Sabbath?
For example.
By counting the days of this current week. How many days left till the Sabbath?
Hi 7777pinacled,

Nice to meet you here. Sorry for the slow reply as I am not always online and behind on my posts. The Sabbath according to God's Word starts from our time Friday evening sunset to Saturday evening sunset. It starts depending on your timezone or closest timezone adjusted. Hope this helps

May God bless you as you continue in His Word

Jun 5, 2017
This is where we need to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH. I gave a thorough explanation of what the gospel IS and was careful to make a distinction between the content of the gospel of the kingdom to Israel prior to the cross and the gospel of grace, after the cross, taught by the apostle Paul for this dispensation in post #97 below and the truth still stands.

Again, we are not fooled for one minute by misguided, modern day teachers of the law/shady lawyer types who fail to rightly divide the word of truth and teach salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works and pervert the Gospel of grace. ;)

Hello MMD I see you have not responded to my post but just quoting yourself again over God's Word. It is ok I did not think you would respond to my posts and the scriptures in them. Maybe you can pray about it at home and think about it. Here are the posts again posts # 95 post # 98 and post # 1608

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2017

http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/161028-what-new-covenant-5.html#post3375635

are u saying the gospel of the kingdom and gospel of grace is different????? that paul preached a different gospel????
i believe its only one gospel u see.....

Jun 5, 2017
If sabbaths is plural sabbath. Sabbaths not always mean yearly sabbat the last four sabbaths I am not able to preach in synagoge because I am in the hospital. sabbaths in this sentence mean weekly sabbath. also to make It plural 2 colosians not use sabbaths. so If sabbaths mean yearly sabbath, sabbath in colosians do not mean yearly sabbath
Sorry Brother Jackson I do not understand your point or what you are saying. As mentioned earlier the GREEK Word Sabbaton is not always plural as it depends on the CONTEXT that it is written within the scripture.

Col 2:16 is referring to ALL the special shadow Sabbaths of Leviticus 23 of ALL the annual festivals so it is sabbaths or sabbath days because there is more than one of them (plural). Plural means more than one. You can see them here in Leviticus 23 in a post I made earlier.....

As has already been shown through the scriptures, Col 2 is talking about the Mosaic laws for remission of sin (v14) as context and the within context of v16 is Meat and Drink offerings, New Moons, Festivals and Sabbaths or Sabbath days

(1) CONTEXT of COL 2:16 is v14. is talking about the Mosaic laws for remission of sin that were shadows pointing to Jesus; not the ten commandments of God’s Law. Nowhere are the 10 commandments mentioned in Col chapter 2.

v11-13 Shadows of Mosaic laws of circumcision of the new heart in Christ

14, BLOTTING OUT < G1813 ἐξαλείφωexaleipho (ex-a-lei'-fō) v.means to rub out, i.e. obliterate, erase>the HANDWRITING < G5498 χειρόγραφονcheirographon (chei-ro'-gra-fon) n.means
something hand-written (“chirograph”), i.e. a manuscript specially, a legal document > of ORDINANCES < G1378 δόγμαdogma (d̮og'-ma) n. meansordinance;civil, ceremonial or ecclesiastical>that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

v20, Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, v21, Touch not; taste not; handle not; v22, Which all are to perish with the using; after the commandments and doctrines of men?

CONTEXT of the chapter is the CEREMONIAL Mosaic laws for remission of sin that are shadows pointing to Jesus and nailed to the cross with our sins. This is further highlighted that at the death of Jesus the temple vail was torn in two meaning the END of the Mosaic ceremonial laws for remission of SINS as these were fulfilled in Christ (Matthew 27:51).

Further proof that Col 2:16 is talking about the annual Jewish festivals and Mosaic laws for remission of sin? Let’s look at the subject matter of v16

(2) THE CONTEXT OF THE SCRIPTURE V16 is (1) meat, or in drink, or in (2) respec t of an holyday, or of the (3) new moon, or of the (4) sabbath days (plur al)

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in (1) meat, or in drink, or in (2) respect of an hol yday, or of the (3) new moon, or of the (4) sabbath days (plural):

Compare Col 2:16 with the annual Jewish festivals from the Mosaic laws for remission of sin...

Ezekiel 45
17, And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and (1) meat offerings, and drink offerings , in the (2) feasts, and in the (3) new moons, and in the sabbaths <Plural>, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, a nd the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.
18, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the first month, in the first day of the month, thou shalt take a young bullock without blemish, and cleanse the sanctuary:
19, And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering, and put it upon the posts of the house, and upon the four corners of the settle of the altar, and upon the posts of the gate of the inner court.
20, And so thou shalt do the seventh day of the month for every one that erreth, and for him that is simple: so shall ye reconcile the house.
21, In the first month, in the fourteenth day of the month, ye shall have the (2) Passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten.

All CONTEXT and points 1-4 match perfectly to the Annual Jewish festivals detailed in both scriptures; also detailed in Leviticus 23; (1) meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the (2) feasts, and in the (3) new moons, and in the sabbaths <Plural> Col 2:16 is referring to at the Annual Jewish festivals and the special Sabbaths that can fall on any day of the week connected to the different Festivals and their offerings for SIN. These were shadows pointing to Jesus and NOT the same as God's 4th commandment.

So it is very clear the Col 2:16 is in reference to the annual Jewish Festivals from the Mosaic laws for remission of sin....

Now we have already shown that the CONTEXT of Col 2 is discussing the Mosaic ceremonial laws for remission of sin written in the book of Moses as being the Shadows pointing to Christ. Col 2 is NO WHERE talking about God’s 10 commandments in the whole chapter.

So let's talk about the PURPOSE of these SABBATHS and share the WORD of GOD

Q. What is the PURPOSE of God's Sabbath in the 4th commandment

Exodus 20
8, Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9, Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10, But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY?>
11, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
A. The PURPOSE of the 4th commandment is that it is given as a MEMORIAL of CREATION because God made the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in them and RESTED on the 7th DAY.

next............

Q.
What is the PURPOSE of the "special" annual festival Sabbaths that can fall on any day of the week...........
Leviticus 23

24, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a <special> sabbath, <any day of the week> a (1) memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
25, Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
24, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
25, Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
26, And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
27, Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a (2) day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
28, And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.
29, For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.
30, And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.
31, Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
32, It shall be unto you a<special> sabbath of rest,<any day of the week> and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your <special> sabbath <any day of the week>.
33, And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
34, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the (3) feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD.
35, On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
36, Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein.

37, These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day:
38, Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.
39, Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a <special> sabbath <any day of the week>, and on the eighth day shall be a <special> sabbath <any day of the week>.
40, And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees,4 branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days.
41, And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.
42, Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:
43, That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
44, And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.

A. The PURPOSE of the special Sabbath of the (1) Feast of Trumpets was in preparation for the day of ATONEMENT for SIN for God's people to afflict themselves in REPENTANCE for SIN and a memorial of God giving his people the 10 commandments (Exodus 19:16-22) and a call for them to be a HOLY people.

This was follow by the special Sabbath of (2) Day Atonement once again a could fall on any day of the week. The PURPOSE of the DAY of ATONEMENT special Sabbath was once again affliction and repentance of SIN while the HIGH PRIEST ministered on behalf of the people of Israel. This then was followed by the (3) Feast of Tabernacles this also included special Sabbaths that could fall on any day of the week. The PURPOSE of these special sabbaths for the Feast of Tabernacles was for remembrance of God's deliverance of God's people from the land of Egypt (the World)

So as can be shown above each of the SABBATHS not only being different in time and occurrence also were given for a specific PURPOSE!

There is more then one of these special Shadow Sabbath of Leviticus from the Jewish annual festivals so they are plural (one or more then one relating to each festival highlighted above) and this is what is being referred to in Col 2.

Seem to me sabbath always mean rest, but not always mean 7th day. snake is animal. Animal not always snake. if I say animals Will die is mean snake Will die if I say sabbath (rest )days is shadow, mean It doesn't matter weekly or yearly sabbath is shadow.
A snake is not an animal it is a reptile.

Seem to me It doesn't matter sabbath or sabbaths ( plural) mean rest. so It is Logically correct If sabbath days mean weekly sabbath and yearly sabbath combine.it mean when Paul say sabbath days is shadow, weekly sabbath is include
It does matter indeed as each Sabbath either God's Sabbath which God's Word says is Forever or the Shadow Sabbaths (plural) or Leviticus have a different purpose and were held at different times that are the Shadow Sabbaths of Col 2 from the Mosaic festivals (not yet fulfilled) They are different. If you break God's 4th commandment which is one of the 10 just like every other commandment you stand guilty before God of committing SIN and SIN will keep you OUT of God's KINGDOM.

NOW I believe I have shared much scripture with you my friend. Consider VERY carefully and pray about what you will do now. I will leave our conversation linked in this post for you to pray about and to study God's Word to see if these things be true. Here is our conversation as a witness to you here.....

Post # 75 Post # 81 Post # 87 Post # 99 Post # 103 Post # 105 Post # 113 Post # 115 Post #117 Post # 119 Post # 137 Post # 140

I suggest you read this scripture very carefully as the Kingdom of God has come to you (Please read Hebrews 10:26-27)

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word...

Jun 5, 2017
I am sad that you try to complicate the simple message of the Gospel and mix it with Moses´ Law.
Please don't be sad for me I believe the Gospel is Jesus and Jesus is the Word of God and we are to live by EVERY WORD of God as shown by scripture in the posts above. Only the BELIEVERS will enter into God's Kingdom not those who only choose to believe what is convenient.

Those who follow the traditions and teachings of men that break the commandments of God are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9) and in times of ignorance God winks at but when a knowledge of the truth is come calls all men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:10-31). If we do not repent then we do not KNOW Him who calls us (Hebrews 10:26-27; 1 John 3:6)

Last edited:

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
The reason Christians are not under the Law is that we are under God's influence: The Holy Spirit, is that influence of a new heart. "The Law was made for sinners and not for the righteous," a change of Law is written on our hearts. "Some preach Christ out of strife and contention and some out of Love and well doing. The preaching of obeying commandment's implies its not written on the heart by the Holy spirit, implies the person is not "Dead to the Law by the body of Christ." "You have no need for any man to teach you, the anointing abides in you and teaches you all things." Thankful for the freedom we have in Christ, "You have been bought with a price, be not the slaves of men." Those preaching the Law encourage us to be being thankful for the freedom we have in Christ. "Not as men men pleasers but doing the will of God from the heart."
The difference between sin under the Law
and the new covenant, "Wathever is not of Faith is sin."
"Faith works by Love." We are already in touch with the Love of God by the Holy Spirit, have sufficient Grace as God's influence. We enter in from a place of Forgiveness. "I write to you little children because you are forgiven."
"All manner of sin shall be forgiven to man, but rejecting the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven to man.
Not a command to receive the Holy Spirit yet rejecting Him cant be forgiven. Like a turning upside down of the Law.
Growing in Love doesn't mean more forgiveness, we start as forgiven.
Refusing to Love and forgive is the trouble and what can't be forgiven, "The merciful shall obtain mercy."
"He that is forgiven much Loves much." Paul had to clear up that this did not mean to go on sinning.
We begin with the Love of God in our heart, not an outward command that we could not fulfil under the Law.

We still struggle to walk by faith and are in sin when we don't. Not trusting God's grace as sufficient would be sinning, by giving up on God working in us to go back and live in pleasure: Matthew 24:48
We are to avoid strivings about the Law as they are unprofitable and vain: Titus 3:9
Doesn't mean we sin if we don't avoid striving about the law, we eventually see the striving about the law that the Law is not of faith: Galatians 3:12
Understand that for some this doesn't include the 10 commandments but the striving about the Law unprofitable. Being told your a sinner if you don't live up to peoples expectations of the Law, helps you see the freedom you have in Christ. Free to make your own decision, to chose what is of Faith for you: to believe God that we are forgiven as we come to Him by Faith. "He that comes to God must believe that He is and that He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." To see the freedom we have in Christ, free from all that striving to please man and God "Strive to enter His Rest." Those who strive about the law can't see this as fulfilling the Sabbath rest, should be convincing, "Strive to enter His Rest." Entering into rest in God is such a high calling, yet even while we have not attained it we are still forgiven, not about attaining forgiveness. But 'if we suffer with Him we shall rule with Him." about attaining the Resurrection, where we are by Faith. "Few there be that find it" If we were not forgiven along the way we would not be able to move forward. "Let us go on to perfection, and this we will do if God permits" "God resist the proud, and gives His influence to the humble."

Jun 5, 2017
The reason Christians are not under the Law is that we are under God's influence: The Holy Spirit, is that influence of a new heart. "The Law was made for sinners and not for the righteous," a change of Law is written on our hearts. "Some preach Christ out of strife and contention and some out of Love and well doing. The preaching of obeying commandment's implies its not written on the heart by the Holy spirit, implies the person is not "Dead to the Law by the body of Christ." "You have no need for any man to teach you, the anointing abides in you and teaches you all things." Thankful for the freedom we have in Christ, "You have been bought with a price, be not the slaves of men." Those preaching the Law encourage us to be being thankful for the freedom we have in Christ. "Not as men men pleasers but doing the will of God from the heart." The difference between sin under the Law and the new covenant, "Wathever is not of Faith is sin." "Faith works by Love." We are already in touch with the Love of God bythe Holy Spirit, have sufficient Grace as God's influence. We enter in from a place of Forgiveness. "I write to you little children because you are forgiven."
"All manner of sin shall be forgiven to man, but rejecting the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven to man.
Not a command to receive the Holy Spirit yet rejecting Him cant be forgiven. Like a turning upside down of the Law.
Growing in Love doesn't mean more forgiveness, we start as forgiven.
Refusing to Love and forgive is the trouble and what can't be forgiven, "The merciful shall obtain mercy."
"He that is forgiven much Loves much." Paul had to clear up that this did not mean to go on sinning.
We begin with the Love of God in our heart, not an outward command that we could not fulfil under the Law.
We still struggle to walk by faith and are in sin when we don't. Not trusting God's grace as sufficient would be sinning, by giving up on God working in us to go back and live in pleasure: Matthew 24:48We are to avoid strivings about the Law as they are unprofitable and vain: Titus 3:9Doesn't mean we sin if we don't avoid striving about the law, we eventually see the striving about the law that the Law is not of faith: Galatians 3:12 Understand that for some this doesn't include the 10 commandments but the striving about the Law unprofitable. Being told your a sinner if you don't live up to peoples expectations of the Law, helps you see the freedom you have in Christ. Free to make your own decision, to chose what is of Faith for you: to believe God that we are forgiven as we come to Him by Faith. "He that comes to God must believe that He is and that He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." To see the freedom we have in Christ, free from all that striving to please man and God "Strive to enter His Rest." Those who strive about the law can't see this as fulfilling the Sabbath rest, should be convincing, "Strive to enter His Rest." Entering into rest in God is such a high calling, yet even while we have not attained it we are still forgiven, not about attaining forgiveness. But 'if we suffer with Him we shall rule with Him." about attaining the Resurrection, where we are by Faith. "Few there be that find it" If we were not forgiven along the way we would not be able to move forward. "Let us go on to perfection, and this we will do if God permits" "God resist the proud, and gives His influence to the humble."
Hello Stillness,

We are only not under the Law if we by Faith in God's Word repented from our sin and have accepted God's gift of forgiveness. If we are SINNING against God then we have rejected the gift of God's dear son and are still in our SINS and if we are still in our SINS then we stand guilty before God in SIN and condemned by God's LAW as sinners. If you have SIN in your life then you are indeed "Under the Law" and need to seek God for forgiveness.