GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 5, 2017
Well it just seems that since i died to the Law, it's actually the ordinances that i am still enslaved to, so we're both wrong and both condemned. Who will save us from this body of death?
That really does not make any sense as the Mosaic laws for remission of sin are fulfilled in Christ.

If you are still in your sins you have not died to the Law (10 commandments) you are condemned by it.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
If I cannot die to the Law unless the Law judges me worthy of life then there is no salvation, because no one is righteous in God's sight by the Law; He has constrained all under sin. Through the Law, i died, it says.

Who will save me from this body of death?

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
That really does not make any sense as the Mosaic laws for remission of sin are fulfilled in Christ.

If you are still in your sins you have not died to the Law (10 commandments) you are condemned by it.
The Law is not just 10 commandments. The commandment to kill a witch is the same part of the Law as the commandment to keep Sabbath.

It was given to physical Israel till the Christ. After Christ came, Jews are not under the Law anymore.

And we (me being from slavic nation, you I do not know) were not under the Mosaic Law in anytime.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017
If I cannot die to the Law unless the Law judges me worthy of life then there is no salvation, because no one is righteous in God's sight by the Law; He has constrained all under sin. Through the Law, i died, it says.
If you have no law there is no knowledge of SIN if there is no SIN there is no need of a Savior. If there is NO Savior there is no salvation if there is no salvation you are lost because your still in your SINS. Those who knowingly practice SIN have no part in the Kingdom of Heaven..

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
For since the Law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near.
(Hebrews 10:1)

◄ 3551. nomos ►
Strong's Concordance
nomos: that which is assigned, hence usage, law
Original Word: νόμος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: nomos
Phonetic Spelling: (nom'-os)
Short Definition: a law, the Mosaic Law

hmm doesn't seem to be 'ordinances' that it says here is having a shadow, not a reality.
Not sure why Hebrews 4 exists if a weekly observance of a day is the reality of His rest...

Of course, if the reply is that the Law 'has a shadow' only in that it 'has ordinances' then they are not separate, but contained within; they are one Law, and no one has missed anything by not reading the previous 100 pages, because they are false.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
If you have no law there is no knowledge of SIN if there is no SIN there is no need of a Savior. If there is NO Savior there is no salvation if there is no salvation you are lost because your still in your SINS. Those who knowingly practice SIN have no part in the Kingdom of Heaven..
Who says i'm lawless?
1 Corinthians 9:20-21

Jun 5, 2017
For since the Law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near.
(Hebrews 10:1)

◄ 3551. nomos ►
Strong's Concordance
nomos: that which is assigned, hence usage, law
Original Word: νόμος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: nomos
Phonetic Spelling: (nom'-os)
Short Definition: a law, the Mosaic Law

hmm doesn't seem to be 'ordinances' that it says here is having a shadow, not a reality.
Not sure why Hebrews 4 exists if a weekly observance of a day is the reality of His rest...

Of course, if the reply is that the Law 'has a shadow' only in that it 'has ordinances' then they are not separate, they are one Law, and no one has missed anything by not reading the previous 100 pages, because they are false.
I am not sure what you are talking about when you say "doesn't seem to be ordinance" Especially when you quote Hebrews 10:1 which is in support of what I have been sharing with you in regards to the Mosaic laws for remission of SINS being shadows pointing to Jesus.

You are just providing scripture now that supports what I have been sharing with you. This is the part of the OC fulfilled in Christ

Jun 5, 2017
Who says i'm lawless?
1 Corinthians 9:20-21 Who will save me from this body of death?
God's Word says we are lawless if we are continuing to practice known sin and remain unrepentant (Hebrews 10:26-27). Those who practice unrepentant sin will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven....

There is NO SCRIPTURE that says that God's 4th commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now COMMAN DED to keep Sunday as a HOLY day..................

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
God's Word says we are lawless if we are continuing to practice known sin and remain unrepentant (Hebrews 10:26-27). Those who practice unrepentant sin will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven....
Are you accusing me?
Who is?

Is the Greek word in 1 Corinthians 9 the one for 'ordinances' or 'law' ?

Jun 5, 2017
Are you accusing me? Who is? Is the Greek word in 1 Corinthians 9 the one for 'ordinances' or 'law' ?
I am only a messenger sharing God's Word. If you feel convicted it is God's Word not mine and you should be careful to hear it. As it is written; If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receives not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Hebrews 10:1 which is in support of what I have been sharing with you in regards to the Mosaic laws for remission of SINS being shadows pointing to Jesus.
So the Law only has a shadow because it has the ordinances that are shadows.

Then the Law has the ordinances, they are not separate things; the Law is one Law and if i am judged by the Law i am equally judged by the ordinances.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I am only a messenger sharing God's Word. If you feel convicted it is God's Word not mine and you should be careful to hear it. As it is written; If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receives not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Which word is it in 1 Corinthians 9, the Law or ordinances?

Jun 5, 2017
So the Law only has a shadow because it has the ordinances that are shadows.Then the Law has the ordinances, they are not separate things.
Not at all the Mosaic shadow laws for the remission of SIN were temporary pointing to things to come under the Old Covenant which are fulfilled in Christ the Lamb of God which takes away the SINS of the World who ministers on our behalf as our great high Priest in the Heavenly Sanctuary not made with hands.

As shown already through the scriptures God's Law (10 commandments) has a different purpose. The purpose of God's Law is the KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS and is the great standard in the Old and NEW Covenants and the judgement to come. God's Word says these are forever.

Jun 5, 2017
Which word is it in 1 Corinthians 9, the Law or ordinances?
The Greek Word and English Word for "Ordinance" is not used in 1 Cor 9 so I do not know what you are talking about. I will answer more questions from you when you answer my questions from post # 1970. Which you seem to have ignored..

Last edited:

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Please, begin to see the context already. Hebrews is... well, suprise!! written to Hebrews. Not to Chinese, not to Americans. Uncircumcised have never had the Mosaic Law given by God to follow.

Only THE NEW COVENANT is enlarged also to uncircumcised. Even Christ himself was sent only to Jews, not to Romans or Greeks. Only after His death and resurrection he sent his apostles to all nations.

Why? Because till his death/resurrection the Old covenant was valid. After that, the new one is.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017
Please, begin to see the context already. Hebrews is... well, suprise!! written to Hebrews. Not to Chinese, not to Americans. Uncircumcised have never had the Mosaic Law given by God to follow.

Only THE NEW COVENANT is enlarged also to uncircumcised. Even Christ himself was sent only to Jews, not to Romans or Greeks. Only after His death and resurrection he sent his apostles to all nations.
2 Timothy 3
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
2 Timothy 3
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Sure, but you must understand what you read.

If a Jew writes to Jews and says "we" regarding the Law, it does not have to apply to Chinese. Uncircumcised were NEVER under the Mosaic Law.

Jun 5, 2017
Sure, but you must understand what you read.
If a Jew writes to Jews and says "we" regarding the Law, it does not have to apply to Chinese. Uncircumcised were NEVER under the Mosaic Law.
Our discussion in on the Mosaic shadow laws for remission of sin of the Old Covenant and God's Law (10 commandments) so the topic and scriptures are relevant to our discussion

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Our discussion in on the Mosaic shadow laws for remission of sin of the Old Covenant and God's Law (10 commandments) so the topic and scriptures are relevant to our discussion
But you are trying to position yourself and others under the Mosaic Law, continuously. If you once realize that it was not written to you/us to live under, your whole forum thread will be solved immediatelly.

Were uncircumcised given the Mosaic Law? Prove from Scriptures.

Jun 5, 2017
But you are trying to position yourself and others under the Mosaic Law, continuously. If you once realize that it was not written to you/us to live under, your whole forum thread will be solved immediatelly. Were uncircumcised given the Mosaic Law in any meaning? Prove from Scriptures.
Well that is not true at all. The Mosaic laws were fulfilled in Christ. This is what you are not seeing. God's Law however is forever and the standard of the Old Covenant, the NEW Covenant and the Judgement to come. Without God's Law you have no Savior and without a Savior you have no salvation because you are still in your SINS. IT is sin that will keep all who practice it out of God's Kingdom