GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PS

Jan 11, 2013

WHO ARE GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE (Galatians 3:28).

FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED (Romans 9:6).

FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God. (Romans 2:28-29)

Colossians 3:11,
WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK
circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Romans 10:11-13,
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.
That is a lesson to the Jews who think of themselves as set-apart. The lesson being to join with Christ and the Christian Church and come together as One in Him.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017
That is a lesson to the Jews who think of themselves as set apart. The lesson being to join with Christ and the Christian Church and come together as One in Him.
Not really Paul is the Apostle to the gentiles.

Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Hi PS,

You do not LOVE God if you are breaking God's LAW because on the two great commandments of LOVE to God and man hang ALL the LAW and the prophets (Matt 22:36-40). If you LOVE God you will fulfill the LAW (Romans 13:8-10) and is why Jesus says; If you LOVE me keep my commandments (John 14:15)
Then keep his commandments and don't add to them.

Jun 5, 2017
my dear, let me remind you, all the law is base on love.
What makes you think think I need reminding? I have been saying God's LAW is LOVE all through this thread.

you said there are law against us, 10 commandment not against us?
No I didn't I said the penalty of the LAW is against us and showed you scripture.

i remind you one more time dear, it is lie
Yes all the things you are saying is a lie. I have not said the things you are saying.

If you steal, than 10 commandment appear to be against you, not love you.
Indeed because you commit sin. Those who CONTINUE to live in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not ENTER the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

same with Moses handwriting law, if you violate than it will appear to be against you. But Jesus say all law, all mean include law of Moses is love us, not against us.
All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. All have sinned and need a Saviour from the penalty (death) of SIN. Jesus says on these two great commandments of LOVE hang ALL the LAW and the prophets.

Hebrews 8
10, For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, said the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11, And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12, For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Matthew 22:36-40
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37, Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
38, This is the first and great commandment.
39, And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

40, On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Romans 13
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law.
9, For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
10, Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law

If you are SINNING against GOD then you do not KNOW him or LOVE him.

Seem to me you still on Ellen side, instead of Jesus said Jesus and Ellen is not in agreementellen said Moses law against us Jesus say all law, include Moses kaw, love.
No dear I share God's WORD with you but it seems like you do not BELIEVE Gods WORD.

Read post # 6806. All your answers and scriptures are there.

My dear, I did read it. Ellen G White lie to you dear all law is love. Why you do not believe Jesus dear? Did Jesus liar? Why you believe Moses law against you and 10 commandment love you why don't you believe all law are love you like what Jesus say did Jesus look like liar to you? Not to me, He love me and never lie.
Now your just making things up dear because you have no scripture to support your Catholic tradition that breaks the commandments of God. This is so sad for you dear.

God's WORD that you reject will be your judge come judgement day if you do not turn to Jesus.

Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017
do you understand the old covenant to be the ten commandments plus all the other rules God gave through Moses?

and the new covenant to be just the ten commandments?
No not at all please read post # 6706 (linked) and all the scrioptures in them you ignore. If you do not understand the Shadows you will not understand what they are pointing to.

SIN is the transgression or breakin gof God's Commandments (Romans 7:7; James 2:8-12; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
sure, the question is

is Paul endorsing the statement or using it as an example?
Paul was writing to the Corinthians who were known for their sexual immorality, taking Plato as their authority. Paul responded by quoting Plato and adding his own teaching which I have highlighted.

1Co 6:12-20 ISV
(12) Everything is permissible for me, but not everything is helpful. Everything is permissible for me, but I will not allow anything to control me.

(13) Food is for the stomach, and the stomach is for food, but God will make them both unnecessary. The body is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. (14) God raised the Lord, and by his power he will also raise us.

(15) You know that your bodies belong to the Messiah, don't you? Should I take what belongs to the Messiah and unite them with a prostitute? Certainly not! (16) You know that the person who unites himself with a prostitute becomes one body with her, don't you? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." (17) But the person who unites himself with the Lord becomes one spirit with him.

(18) Keep on running away from sexual immorality. Any other sin that a person commits is outside his body, but the person who sins sexually sins against his own body. (19) You know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God, don't you? You do not belong to yourselves, (20) because you were bought for a price. Therefore, glorify God with your bodies. (and don't go with prostitutes.)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Jesus rested on sabbaths??

I do not think you have understood the scripture:

John 5:17

"My Father is always at His work to this very day, and I too am working."

If you think this means He broke it, then neither do you understand sabbath

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
The ten commandments are a small part of the law of Moses [Exo 20:3-17]; but they are the law of Moses NOT SOMETHING ELSE. They cannot be separated from the rest of the Law saying this is enough and it is required. Jesus taught that NOBODY can keep the 10 commandments to God's standard amy more than they can keep the whole law.

Jan 10, 2018
listen, then

anyone who has died has been freed from sin.
(Romans 6:7)

sin shall not be your master, because you are not under Law, but under grace.
(Romans 6:14)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O47bZJpnKBQ a song that brings much blessing.

First off, that's not the same death as we usually referred too, The death in Romans 6, is referring to dying to self, and sin, Dying in Christ's death.

Romans 6

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? (once again, the definition of "Sin" is transgression of God's law, brought this out many times, Go back and read 1 John 3, So even through we have grace once we come to Christ, doesn't mean we can kill, steal, commit adultery, Or even, EVEN, break the Sabbath)2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? (Dead to sin, Not literal death or death as people who are sinners and break the law of God, and transgress against God Ephesians 2:1-10) 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? (Baptism symbolisms dying in the grave to your old bad habits, old way of doing things, and your old life, and giving it all to God, A death, and once you've asked God to forgive you your old life is gone, your born again, So this death is separate from what we usually context as "Death" and is instead talking about being put in the water and leaving the old things behind, Being born again after dying to your old life, you know, you've probably heard this before.) 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7For he that is dead is freed from sin.

"For He that Is Dead is freed from Sin"

The question must be asked, Dead to what?

To your old life, like explained earlier, and Sin and No longer being under the condemnation of the law.

Psalm 51

5Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Psalm 58

3The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies

Romans 3

9What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17And the way of peace have they not known:
18There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

(I like how at the end it brings out something people seem can't understand, The law only exist for us to know were sinning, it has purpose, Not to save us, It can't make us keep it, No virtue is giving by keeping the law itself, Only the act of loving God and wanting to serve him, But were not saved through the deeds, only the grace of God, and his love, but doesn't mean we can kill a man, or even say the name of God in vain, If you love God, your automatically want to keep his commandments, It's not about the commandents themselves, It's about doing as the person we claim to love Says, because he knows best and we want to do it, because he did everything for us, why can't we Love each other more? or respect his Name, or not break the covenant of marriage because He wouldn't have done it to us, He's always been faithful, We of our own power can't really do it, But he will give us the power "Ask anything in my name")

But as I was saying

Were all born in sin, and we all deserve the second death, But the GodHead intervened for us, and we have hope of eternal life, Once you die in Christ, the old things are passed away, all things become new, God gives us a new heart.

Ezekiel 26

. 26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. 30And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. 31Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations. 32Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

So let's continue Romans 6.

8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Dead unto sin, Dying daily to self, As I keep trying to explain, Once this takes place it's all over for your past life, and we no longer are under the condemnation (Or curse) of the law Death, Does that make the law to none effect? No, It still has purpose to a sinner, But if you've died in Christ, the law has no power over you, Your under grace, Forgiven of sin even through you don't deserve it.

1 Timothy 1

8But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 9Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; 11According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
God's Grace to Paul
12And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 13Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 17Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

So let's continue and get once again, to that verse in question,

Romans 6

12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Here's something we need to ask yourself, What is Romans 6 about? Getting rid of the law, telling us we don't need the law, No, 99 percent of these verses have nothing to do with the law or it being forsaken, It's all about dying in Christ, WHY CAN'T WE UNDERSTAND THIS, I'm sorry for repeating this so much, But we should understand it, if the law is done away with then why is obedience mentioned so many times, To obey what? apparently we can't keep the law of God, and were not able to serve Him, yet were told to obey, that must tell you something.

And this 12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

This should explain verse 14 perfectly, Not letting sin raise up again, and by God's grace overcoming, If you died with Christ, stay that way, and at that very moment, and time, "Sin shall not have dominion over you, for ye are not under the law, but under grace" Does that mean we have the power to sin once again? NO, verse 15.

15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness

So once you've freed yourself from the law, you can't break it, otherwise, ONCE AGAIN YOUR UNDER IT, Being free doesn't have anything to do with breaking it, The law's purpose has no power with a righteous and forgiven person, The sin in your life has been taken away, please, PLEASE, Please, Some understand what i'm saying, What Paul's saying, What obedience is he referring to? keeping the law that God told us, KEEP, please, what must I keep posting the same thing, has no one understood this?

For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Moses's law served once purpose, So God could show us we couldn't keep the law without Jesus, and if you don't have Jesus in the picture, and think I can serve God without help "All the Lord says we will do" is a impossible saying , unless you ask him to lead you, and to help you carry out his will in you,But Jesus came, and kept the law just fine, we are able to do the same if we trust him.

Paul/Saul was on that walk, and by God's grace we believe he overcame.

So was Peter and we saw the change in his heart.

and so was David,Abraham,and all patriarchs and prophets from the old testament, they didn't have Jesus, but he died from the foundation of the world, If they trusted God, and asked him for help, They just like us, could and did overcome, and that's the walk we walk in, Not some magic freedom through grace given us the freedom to break the law,
Because everything Jesus went through, and David, and everyone would be fruitless if we were given special privileges while everyone else had to keep the law, and they apparently weren't able too even through the bible states otherwise.

Genesis 26:5

Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Psalm 119

1Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
2Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
3They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
4Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
5O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
6Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
8I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

if I've portrayed the wrong spirit in this, if I have forgive me, and we all must remember that were Christians and tho we disagree we love the same Lord, were trying to make it to Heaven here, so I'm trying to say everything I can, If i'm wrong show me, let's make it together.

sorry for repeating myself once again with Romans 6, but I'm trying to explain it better myself, still don't understand it fully and forgive me for the typos that may have been made.

GodBless, thank you for reading all it.

Jun 5, 2017
The ten commandments are a small part of the law of Moses [Exo 20:3-17]; but they are the law of Moses NOT SOMETHING ELSE. They cannot be separated from the rest of the Law saying this is enough and it is required. Jesus taught that NOBODY can keep the 10 commandments to God's standard amy more than they can keep the whole law.
Your mixed up in Shadows. God's LAW (10 Commandments) are God's that are not the Mosaic book of the Coavennt. Both God's Law and the laws of the Mosaic book of the COVENANT had a different role in the OLD COVENANT.

SIN is the transgression or breakin gof God's Commandments (Romans 7:7; James 2:8-12; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
What makes you think think I need reminding? I have been saying God's LAW is LOVE all through this thread.

No I didn't I said the penalty of the LAW is against us and showed you scripture.

Yes all the things you are saying is a lie. I have not said the things you are saying.

Indeed because you commit sin. Those who CONTINUE to live in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not ENTER the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. All have sinned and need a Saviour from the penalty (death) of SIN. Jesus says on these two great commandments of LOVE hang ALL the LAW and the prophets.

Hebrews 8
10, For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, said the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11, And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12, For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Matthew 22:36-40
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37, Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
38, This is the first and great commandment.
39, And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

40, On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Romans 13
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law.
9, For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
10, Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law

If you are SINNING against GOD then you do not KNOW him or LOVE him.

No dear I share God's WORD with you but it seems like you do not BELIEVE Gods WORD.

Read post # 6806. All your answers and scriptures are there.

Now your just making things up dear because you have no scripture to support your Catholic tradition that breaks the commandments of God. This is so sad for you dear.

God's WORD that you reject will be your judge come judgement day if you do not turn to Jesus.

ok dear you say all penalty of the law is against us

[h=1]Colossians 2:14 King James Version (KJV)[/h]14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

when I ask you why you not kill sabbath violator, you give me this verse, do you remember?

Explain to me why you believe this verse cancel these verse

[h=1]Numbers 15:32-36 King James Version (KJV)[/h]32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

no more than 5 sentence please!

Jan 10, 2018
Moses's law served once purpose, So God could show us we couldn't keep the law without Jesus, and if you don't have Jesus in the picture, and think I can serve God without help "All the Lord says we will do" is a impossible saying , unless you ask him to lead you, and to help you carry out his will in you,But Jesus came, and kept the law just fine, we are able to do the same if we trust him.

Paul/Saul was on that walk, and by God's grace we believe he overcame.

So was Peter and we saw the change in his heart.

and so was David,Abraham,and all patriarchs and prophets from the old testament, they didn't have Jesus, but he died from the foundation of the world, If they trusted God, and asked him for help, They just like us, could and did overcome, and that's the walk we walk in, Not some magic freedom through grace given us the freedom to break the law,
Because everything Jesus went through, and David, and everyone would be fruitless if we were given special privileges while everyone else had to keep the law, and they apparently weren't able too even through the bible states otherwise.

Neither the law of Moses or the Law of God can be kept with our own power, But so what?

We have the power of God himself, Nothing can with hold from us, that is Good and just, and holy, and according to the bible the law fits as that.

Romans

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me.

All things, except keep the law? No, all things, long as Jesus is involved, we have the power....

John 14

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

We say to ourselves we want to be like Jesus, but when the law is involved I guess Jesus was a expectation, even through he never sinned, or broke the law, I guess we're just unable to do it, For people who say we can't keep the law, This...

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

We can be perfect, even as God the father is perfect, Not my words, And it's possible, So The Father, Son and The Holy Ghost can help us overcome, why do we doubt God so, to believe the law is just something to much for us? For us alone yes, But if we abide in Christ, and he in us, and we communion with him daily, were not our own anymore, he gives us a new heart, his own.
And we shall be as perfect as God himself, we shouldn't doubt that, we must aim for it.

Pray about it, Study in the word, ask God to help us, Jesus already overcame, let's ask him how...
Revelation 14

12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.13And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Dear LGF

you say that you never say 10 commandment not against us.

this is a copy from you post #6806

v14
reads the handwriting of the ordinances that were against us; God’s LAW written on stone (10 Commandments) are not the handwriting of the

ordinances written in the book that were against us.

The ORDINANCES referred to here are those written in the Mosaic book of the law that were against us. Not all the book of the law was against us. Those laws that pertained to righteousness were not against us. God’s LAW (10 Commandments) let us know what SIN was if we disobeyed them.

explain why you denied it dear

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
sorry for repeating myself once again with Romans 6, but I'm trying to explain it better myself, still don't understand it fully and forgive me for the typos that may have been made.

GodBless, thank you for reading all it.

make sure you don't leave out 7. or fail to reach 8.

the "chapter" designations are artificial -- they are not isolated from each other, but part of a whole - including 1-5, and 9-13.

so what you think the scope of "you have died" ((past-tense, done-deal)) means has to jive with what Paul wrote next: 'don't you know that the law doesn't have any jurisdiction anymore once a person has died?' :)

thus: not one jot or tittle removed. one, undivided Torah, a marriage covenant with the children of Israel, taken out of Egypt.
'till death do us part'

not myself, but Jesus Christ is 'who will save me from this body of death'

Jun 5, 2017
Dear LGF

you say that you never say 10 commandment not against us.

this is a copy from you post #6806
v14 reads the handwriting of the ordinances that were against us; God’s LAW written on stone (10 Commandments) are not the handwriting of the
ordinances written in the book that were against us.
The ORDINANCES referred to here are those written in the Mosaic book of the law that were against us. Not all the book of the law was against us. Those laws that pertained to righteousness were not against us. God’s LAW (10 Commandments) let us know what SIN was if we disobeyed them.
explain why you denied it dear
Hello dear,

You are mixed up. It seems you did not read the post I sent you. Please do not post s small section of my post and leave out the rest and accuse me of something that I did not do. This is lying dear to do so and bearing false witness.

COL 2:14 - GREEK MEANING IN RED

14, BLOTTING OUT < G1813 ἐξαλείφωexaleipho (ex-a-lei'-fō) v. means to rub out, i.e. obliterate, erase> the HANDWRITING < G5498 χειρόγραφονcheirographon (chei-ro'-gra-fon) n. means something hand-written (“chirograph”), i.e. a manuscript specially, a legal document > of ORDINANCES < G1378 δόγμα dogma (d̮og'-ma) n. means ordinance; civil, ceremonial or ecclesiastical laws> that was against us, WHICH WERE AGAINST US, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

v14
reads the handwriting of the ordinances that were against us; God’s LAW written on stone (10 Commandments) are not the handwriting of the ordinances written in the book that were against us. The ORDINANCES referred to here are those written in the Mosaic book of the law that were against us. Not all the book of the law was against us. Those laws that pertained to righteousness were not against us. God’s LAW (10 Commandments) let us know what SIN was if we disobeyed them.

The Ten Commandments are not against us only the statutes and judgement in the Book of the Law in relation to when we sin were (the judgements and penalty for sin the curses for sin).

DEUT 31 [26] Take this Book of the Law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there FOR A WITNESS AGAINST THEE.

DEUT 30 [19] For GOD has said, I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, BLESSINGS AND CURSES: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: [20] That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest OBEY his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD swore unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

CONTEXT of the 2:16-17 is the CIVIL, CEREMONIAL AND ECCLESIASTIC laws contained in ORDINANCES that were against us. This is referring to the penalty for SIN as well as the fulfillment of the Mosaic laws for remission of sin that all pointed to Jesus (shadow laws). Together these were fulfilled in Christ and nailed to the cross.
Perhaps you should read the post instead of bearing FALSE WITNESS dear. Maybe you did not mean it. I hope not.

PLEASE READ AGAIN POST # 6806 linked CLICK ME

Jun 5, 2017
ok dear you say all penalty of the law is against us

Colossians 2:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

when I ask you why you not kill sabbath violator, you give me this verse, do you remember?

Explain to me why you believe this verse cancel these verse

Numbers 15:32-36 King James Version (KJV)

32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

no more than 5 sentence please!
Penalty of SIN is death it was against us written in the Book of the Covenant COL 2:14.

The penalty of SIN is still death like I told you many times already but carried out at the 2nd coming for those who reject the gift of God's dear son.

If you break God's Commandments you commit SIN (Romans 7:7; James 2:8-12; 1 John 3:4)

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Hello dear,

You are mixed up. It seems you did not read the post I sent you. Please do not post s small section of my post and leave out the rest and accuse me of something that I did not do. This is lying dear to do so and bearing false witness.

Perhaps you should read the post instead of bearing FALSE WITNESS dear. Maybe you did not mean it. I hope not.

so colosians 2;14 is the verse that cancel the verse that instruct kill the sabbath violator or not dear,

How about the sentence that say 10 commandment not against us, what is mean

be consistence dear,

you was say only 10 commandment not against us and killing sabbath violator is against us that why cancel by colosians 2 and 10 commandment not. now you say same thing else.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Penalty of SIN is death it was against us written in the Book of the Covenant COL 2:14.

The penalty of SIN is still death like I told you many times already but carried out at the 2nd coming for those who reject the gift of God's dear son.

If you break God's Commandments you commit SIN (Romans 7:7; James 2:8-12; 1 John 3:4)

I know, penalty of sin is death.

But God instruct to kill sabbath violator and you not.

And you said that instruction has been cancel by colossians 2;14

but you add the word, because colosian blotted handwriting law, include 10 commandment.

Jun 5, 2017
so colosians 2;14 is the verse that cancel the verse that instruct kill the sabbath violator or not dear,

How about the sentence that say 10 commandment not against us, what is mean

be consistence dear,

you was say only 10 commandment not against us and killing sabbath violator is against us that why cancel by colosians 2 and 10 commandment not. now you say same thing else.
I am consistent dear your just changing your story every few mins because you do not want to believe God's WORD. This is sad for you. There is no where to hide when the light is tunred on unless you close your eyes because you choose not to see or hear.