God's will vs. my will

  • Thread starter Thread starter DorothyG
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DorothyG

Guest
Obviously MY will is stronger than God's will.

So yeah,

Still going through the same stuff. Just when things are actually going okay, my emotions subside, and I can actually get my brain cleared up a little bit... BAM. Depression.

This is really getting too much to handle. I'm only 19 years old. If God really thinks I can handle this the rest of my life then I really am useless to him. Because I don't think I can do this anymore. I thought when I accepted Christ God would start changing my heart and start controlling my desires to do his will. (Which is what 95% of my prayers consist of)

If his will is for me to suffer the rest of my life.... I don't want anything to do with this anymore.

I really don't.
 
That is not his will for you. Even though it is hard to see now..one day things will get better. If you ever feel sad, look into his promises. Jesus loves you.
 
DorothyG, sorry you are depressed! Let the doctors know about your depression he can give you antidepressants for depression.

God gave us His word to change our heart (mind). We can pray for wisdom and understanding, but unless we look into His perfect law, we will not receive wisdom and understanding. Coming to Christ we die to the flesh and put on the spirit by the word of God, this is how we become a new creature, by obeying His word. We have a warfare in Christ and it is hard, because we still have desires being in the flesh. We live by faith through His word and if we continue until death we will have a home with Christ for ever. The more we read, study, and search the scriptures the more wisdom and understanding we will have.

Having desires are not wrong, unless we give into the ones that are against the word of God. No matter how hard we try we can't keep from having thoughts!!! But we can keep from carring out our thoughts. I may desire to steal, but I know that is against God's will, knowing this I suffer in my desire to steal and continue to be obedient to God by not stealing. I may have a desire to have a second piece of apple pie, this is not against God's law. :) Take care!
 
i was going through the same thing and you and me both know this isnt everyday you feel this way. i thinks its just something we deal with at that time of our lives. it gets better trust me.

may i ask what specifically you are depressed about?
 
TJ91;bt6004 said:
i was going through the same thing and you and me both know this isnt everyday you feel this way. i thinks its just something we deal with at that time of our lives. it gets better trust me.

may i ask what specifically you are depressed about?

My depression isn't specific. It happens randomly and about nothing in particular.
It just.... happens.

I hate it. My emotions are okay right now and I can think clearly but I know it's only a matter of time before they whack out again.
Well here they go again...

Please pray for me... I feel.... bad.... just plain bad....

This struggle feels futile.

Times like these make me wish I was dead. I would much rather feel physical pain than emotional pain.