Going to church .

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Suze

Well-known member
Mar 14, 2025
1,981
1,764
113
It's my intention to go to church tomorrow morning for the first time in over 25 years . It won't b my actual denomination , they won't have me there because I married someone who wasn't a member . So I'm going to my local C of E . I'm looking forward , they have services every Wednesday , Thursday , Friday and Saturday mornings and communion on Sunday morning . I won't take communion as I'm not a member . Has anyone else gone back to church after a long absence ? How did it go for u ?
 
It's my intention to go to church tomorrow morning for the first time in over 25 years . It won't b my actual denomination , they won't have me there because I married someone who wasn't a member . So I'm going to my local C of E . I'm looking forward , they have services every Wednesday , Thursday , Friday and Saturday mornings and communion on Sunday morning . I won't take communion as I'm not a member . Has anyone else gone back to church after a long absence ? How did it go for u ?
Praise God. That church sounds kind of stiff on things. But if you go in with the attitude to worship God regardless of everything else, then you’ll be fine 😊
 
It's my intention to go to church tomorrow morning for the first time in over 25 years . It won't b my actual denomination , they won't have me there because I married someone who wasn't a member . So I'm going to my local C of E . I'm looking forward , they have services every Wednesday , Thursday , Friday and Saturday mornings and communion on Sunday morning . I won't take communion as I'm not a member . Has anyone else gone back to church after a long absence ? How did it go for u ?
Odd that a church would do that.Luckily that they don't hold the bread and the wine and decides who gets to eat.I've never been to a church myself in years.Once to testify like 10 years or so.before that my mom used to take us to church as kids.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suze
It's my intention to go to church tomorrow morning for the first time in over 25 years . It won't b my actual denomination , they won't have me there because I married someone who wasn't a member . So I'm going to my local C of E . I'm looking forward , they have services every Wednesday , Thursday , Friday and Saturday mornings and communion on Sunday morning . I won't take communion as I'm not a member . Has anyone else gone back to church after a long absence ? How did it go for u ?
Yes, though I had not been absent from church services for as long as your 25 years. For the past few years, my wife had MS (multiple sclerosis), and I was her carer. I did not feel I could leave her to go to church services, so we had a service in our home, to which we invited friends. Later, my wife's condition got so bad that we couldn't even do that. In February this year, she died. Although I miss her, of course, at the same time it was good for her, because she certainly isn't suffering from MS in heaven! Because I am no longer her carer, I was able to join a church again. It is still going well. I already knew some of the members. I have been accepted in to membership myself, and I do some of the preaching. I found going to services again strange at first, but I soon settled back into it.
 
It's my intention to go to church tomorrow morning for the first time in over 25 years . It won't b my actual denomination , they won't have me there because I married someone who wasn't a member . So I'm going to my local C of E . I'm looking forward , they have services every Wednesday , Thursday , Friday and Saturday mornings and communion on Sunday morning . I won't take communion as I'm not a member . Has anyone else gone back to church after a long absence ? How did it go for u ?
I was from the RCC and will never go back, never found a proper church since then but you gave me an idea and I may start looking again for a new church in the meantime im here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suze
I think it’s wonderful that you are going back to church after 25 years. And I think it’s also worth remembering that going to church doesn’t make anyone a better Christian. Faith is something that lives in the heart and you can pray to God and worship Him wherever you are. At the same time, I understand why being in church can make it easier to focus. There are fewer distractions and can simply be quiet, listen to God’s Word, pray and turn your heart towards Him.

So don’t put any pressure on yourself. Just go, be there and let yourself worship God. After 25 years, simply walking through those doors again is already something beautiful. ❤️
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: Suze and JaumeJ
It's my intention to go to church tomorrow morning for the first time in over 25 years . It won't b my actual denomination , they won't have me there because I married someone who wasn't a member . So I'm going to my local C of E . I'm looking forward , they have services every Wednesday , Thursday , Friday and Saturday mornings and communion on Sunday morning . I won't take communion as I'm not a member . Has anyone else gone back to church after a long absence ? How did it go for u ?
So you went right? How’d it go?
 
Brotherly love and the good Samaritan etc , how we treat each other .
Good Samaritan sermon has always been a church staple sermon. When I was in church (at one time I was going every single week) I heard it several times a year!

I always found it interesting about how brothers do or don't get along in the Bible.
 
Good Samaritan sermon has always been a church staple sermon. When I was in church (at one time I was going every single week) I heard it several times a year!

I always found it interesting about how brothers do or don't get along in the Bible.
Yes , me too and , how the children and the parents can b so different from each other e.g. Samuel and his sons and David and , many of the other kings and their children .