Golden Rule living or Holy Spirit led living?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2018
we know what the golden rule is: do onto others as you would have others do onto you

if I were the ground, do I want to be stepped on?

assuming no, let's fix the problem

strap helium balloons around yourself to the point where you only exert around the force of one pound (1 lbs) on the ground

if I were those balloons, do I want to be treated in such a demeaning way? probably not

or how about this, "hey Trump, I want to be president for a day"
if the golden rule is applied, then what will Trump do with the position of being a president? see where this is going?

however, if I were to ask myself, if I'm Trump, would I want to "step down" from that position? clearly no

now we are wondering, is this all about "let bygones be bygones"? or, "change nothing, let everything be the way it is"

what if the world ask Christians to be doormat?

divorced from Godly wisdom, the golden rule will ultimately fail to achieve what agape love is meant to achieve, either that or worse ...

***Very Important Teachings in John 13-17-- ETRS (7 pgs.)--
https://app.box.com/s/8uoyanljwo4l2trjqxokxemqbgztb9hk

1-- Kingdom Living PowerPoint Presentation--
https://app.box.com/s/e12jvn0b6a9pxas21ycmk9k544470la1

Oct 24, 2018
This is often said and it makes me wonder, why is it that people always need to be "sensitive" to the Spirit.

My point is: In the Bible when God spoke to someone, He was loud and clear, yet today when God speaks to someone He doesn't seem to get the message across clearly and its like "Yeah i dont know, could be God, could be me, could be the devil, gotta pray about it. still small voice you know".
Where is that in the scriptures?

One needs to know enough of God's Word in order to discern feelings or thoughts that come to the mind. If there is any possible selfishness indicated, it is not of the Holy Spirit.

Sep 3, 2016
Read the two short Bible studies indicated in my last response. They are in a safe site. Some have looked at them already.
I repeat: Very - Very Important: If any Believer try's to do what the scripture says do in their own will-power, strength, and ability, the sin nature that was made dormant (not eliminated) when you where born-again, will be activated (the works of the flesh will manifest - Gal. 5:19-21). The Law says do - Grace says done. This is why I stated only the Holy Spirit can do what the scriptures ask of us through Faith in Christ and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won.

Many Believers believe they can do what the scriptures ask of us in our own strength, ability, and will-power. This is reverting back to the “LAW.”

“18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed (revert back to the Law), I make myself a transgressor. (To revert to any type of Law is a departure from God’s Prescribed Order of Victory [the Cross], and is sin).” Gal. 2:18

6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

John 6:53 - "Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood, you have no life in you," presents the demand that caused "many of His Disciples to go back, and walk no more with Him" (John 6:66). It does the same presently! This Verse tells us the degree of believing that is required; it refers to the Cross being the total Object of one's belief; failing that, there is no Life in you.

John 6:66 - From that time many of His Disciples went back, and walk no more with Him.

Please note: Jesus called these people Disciples, which means they were saved, but now they are unsaved...they walk no more with Him and have no more life (The Holy Spirit) in them.

This refutes the Unscriptural Doctrine of Unconditional Eternal Security (John 8:31).

JSM

Oct 24, 2018
I repeat: Very - Very Important: If any Believer try's to do what the scripture says do in their own will-power, strength, and ability, the sin nature that was made dormant (not eliminated) when you where born-again, will be activated (the works of the flesh will manifest - Gal. 5:19-21). The Law says do - Grace says done. This is why I stated only the Holy Spirit can do what the scriptures ask of us through Faith in Christ and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won.

Many Believers believe they can do what the scriptures ask of us in our own strength, ability, and will-power. This is reverting back to the “LAW.”

“18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed (revert back to the Law), I make myself a transgressor. (To revert to any type of Law is a departure from God’s Prescribed Order of Victory [the Cross], and is sin).” Gal. 2:18

6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

John 6:53 - "Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood, you have no life in you," presents the demand that caused "many of His Disciples to go back, and walk no more with Him" (John 6:66). It does the same presently! This Verse tells us the degree of believing that is required; it refers to the Cross being the total Object of one's belief; failing that, there is no Life in you.

John 6:66 - From that time many of His Disciples went back, and walk no more with Him.

Please note: Jesus called these people Disciples, which means they were saved, but now they are unsaved...they walk no more with Him and have no more life (The Holy Spirit) in them.

This refutes the Unscriptural Doctrine of Unconditional Eternal Security (John 8:31).

JSM
I heard these today:
about other prosperity and faith healing preachers

Crazy preaching

why his nephew will not donate any money to him:

Contrast with this:
5a-- Proper Doctrine and Teaching—ETRSF
https://app.box.com/s/ukf6i7gjm13ih09yp42ocsu1s9az0ngf

Sep 3, 2016
We are in the last of the last days. Renew your mind daily by placing your Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross, i.e., The Finished Work, i.e., The Blood of Jesus. Remember God said, "This is My Beloved Son in Whom I Am well please, and listen to Him. God never said that about any man or woman! If it is not Faith in His Son and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won, access is denied to the Father!

Oct 24, 2018
We are in the last of the last days. Renew your mind daily by placing your Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross, i.e., The Finished Work, i.e., The Blood of Jesus. Remember God said, "This is My Beloved Son in Whom I Am well please, and listen to Him. God never said that about any man or woman! If it is not Faith in His Son and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won, access is denied to the Father!
Romans 8:28 is my favorite verse with the word "eventually" inserted in the appropriate place. Philippians 4:4-8 and Jude 20-23 are my favorite Bible passages.

1a) Thesis about Basic Christianity in ETRSF (51 pgs.)--

https://app.box.com/s/bx9mqm38ml4vgdn16bchs0d5453q3x02

Sep 3, 2016
Romans 8:28

“28 And we know that all things work together for good (but only if certain conditions are met) to them who love God (the first condition), to them who are the called according to His purpose (this means it’s “His Purpose, and not ours,” which is the second condition; otherwise, all things will not work together for our good).”

Philippians 4:4-8

“4 Rejoice in the Lord always (not for all things, but in all things): and again I say, Rejoice. (Paul’s teaching on emotional well-being, which follows, begins with rejoicing in the Lord.)

5 Let your moderation (being satisfied with less than one’s due) be known unto all men (even our enemies). The Lord is at hand (is near; actually refers to the Rapture).

6 Be careful for nothing (don’t worry about anything); but in everything by prayer and supplication (presents the cure for worry, which is believing prayer) with thanksgiving (takes in all God has done for us in the past, what He is doing at present, and shall do in the future) let your requests be made known unto God. (This speaks of all things, material, physical, and spiritual.)

“7 And the Peace of God (Sanctifying Peace), which passes all understanding (beyond the pale of human comprehension), shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (through what Christ did at the Cross).

8 Finally, Brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (This can be done, providing the Cross is the Object of our Faith, which then gives the Holy Spirit latitude to help us.)

Jude 20-23

“20 But you, Beloved (contrasts the Saints with the false teachers), building up yourselves (to build toward the finish of the structure for which the foundation has already been laid) on your most Holy Faith (Jesus Christ and Him Crucified), praying in the Holy Spirit (our praying must be exercised in the sphere of the Holy Spirit, motivated and empowered by Him),

21 Keep yourselves in the Love of God (we are to see to it that we stay within the circle of His Love, which can only be done by Faith constantly making the Cross its Object), looking for the Mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto Eternal Life (looking for the Rapture of the Church, with all of this made possible by what Jesus did on the Cross).”

“22 And of some have compassion, making a difference (the false teachers should be addressed on a case by case situation, referring to the fact that some have to be handled differently than others; “some with compassion”):

23 And others save with fear (this particular group needs to be dealt with directly and vigorously), pulling them out of the fire (the fire of destruction); hating even the garment spotted by the flesh (presents works of the flesh, which always characterize those who follow a direction other than the Cross).”

JSM

Oct 24, 2018
Romans 8:28

“28 And we know that all things work together for good (but only if certain conditions are met) to them who love God (the first condition), to them who are the called according to His purpose (this means it’s “His Purpose, and not ours,” which is the second condition; otherwise, all things will not work together for our good).”

Philippians 4:4-8

“4 Rejoice in the Lord always (not for all things, but in all things): and again I say, Rejoice. (Paul’s teaching on emotional well-being, which follows, begins with rejoicing in the Lord.)

5 Let your moderation (being satisfied with less than one’s due) be known unto all men (even our enemies). The Lord is at hand (is near; actually refers to the Rapture).

6 Be careful for nothing (don’t worry about anything); but in everything by prayer and supplication (presents the cure for worry, which is believing prayer) with thanksgiving (takes in all God has done for us in the past, what He is doing at present, and shall do in the future) let your requests be made known unto God. (This speaks of all things, material, physical, and spiritual.)

“7 And the Peace of God (Sanctifying Peace), which passes all understanding (beyond the pale of human comprehension), shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (through what Christ did at the Cross).

8 Finally, Brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (This can be done, providing the Cross is the Object of our Faith, which then gives the Holy Spirit latitude to help us.)

Jude 20-23

“20 But you, Beloved (contrasts the Saints with the false teachers), building up yourselves (to build toward the finish of the structure for which the foundation has already been laid) on your most Holy Faith (Jesus Christ and Him Crucified), praying in the Holy Spirit (our praying must be exercised in the sphere of the Holy Spirit, motivated and empowered by Him),

21 Keep yourselves in the Love of God (we are to see to it that we stay within the circle of His Love, which can only be done by Faith constantly making the Cross its Object), looking for the Mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto Eternal Life (looking for the Rapture of the Church, with all of this made possible by what Jesus did on the Cross).”

“22 And of some have compassion, making a difference (the false teachers should be addressed on a case by case situation, referring to the fact that some have to be handled differently than others; “some with compassion”):

23 And others save with fear (this particular group needs to be dealt with directly and vigorously), pulling them out of the fire (the fire of destruction); hating even the garment spotted by the flesh (presents works of the flesh, which always characterize those who follow a direction other than the Cross).”

JSM

***Why are you adding to Scripture?

Sep 3, 2016
I don't need such help. "Spirit of it's meaning"??? That is something I never heard of. You are warned: you are adding to God's Word.
Who also hath made us able Ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the Spirit: for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life. 2 Cor. 3:6

Until you understand how to do what the scriptures ask of the Believer in the N/T you give the law.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The scriptures declare that Holy Spirit is our sanctification, so I'm in agreement with Message of...

At our new birth and baptism of Holy Spirit, we progressively learn that we are no longer a flesh being but Spirit. When we walk in this understanding, we are walking in the Spirit. The Word is within. The Word is a being and we have the Spirit of Christ and the mind of Christ. Our problem is who are we going to yield to? Our old man or the new man?

Scripture also states we have been given everything we need for godliness. Right living.

We are one with the Lord...not seperate from Him. This understanding is so different for it's the perfect that is our goal. We move with Him. Flow with Him.

Now I can teach this for I see it. But have only had minor triumphs in this so am not declaring anything about myself.

It's wonderful to be free from judgement on our errors, but that knowing makes us want to be pleasing to the Lord even more. And there's not one law that has power to perform this in men. Only grace.

Oct 24, 2018
Who also hath made us able Ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the Spirit: for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life. 2 Cor. 3:6
That is not appropriate. I will obey 2 Timothy 3:5 in relation to you. I believe Jimmy Swaggart and you are wrong in emphasizing the Cross. Your postings in this forum are creating confusion and doing damage to others. I feel sorry for you because you are not living in the Kingdom of God which is defined in Romans 14:17. Divine peace and divine joy are so wonderful to receive. In doing my part for the Great Commission and being obedient to Holy Spirit urgings, I am receiving divine peace and divine joy frequently.

Oct 24, 2018
The scriptures declare that Holy Spirit is our sanctification, so I'm in agreement with Message of...

At our new birth and baptism of Holy Spirit, we progressively learn that we are no longer a flesh being but Spirit. When we walk in this understanding, we are walking in the Spirit. The Word is within. The Word is a being and we have the Spirit of Christ and the mind of Christ. Our problem is who are we going to yield to? Our old man or the new man?

Scripture also states we have been given everything we need for godliness. Right living.

We are one with the Lord...not seperate from Him. This understanding is so different for it's the perfect that is our goal. We move with Him. Flow with Him.

Now I can teach this for I see it. But have only had minor triumphs in this so am not declaring anything about myself.

It's wonderful to be free from judgement on our errors, but that knowing makes us want to be pleasing to the Lord even more. And there's not one law that has power to perform this in men. Only grace.

***The New Testament does not teach “Automatic Sanctification”.

A true Christian can be perfect only when he or she is sensitive to The Holy Spirit and Scripture

and doing what is being urged by them because they are perfect.

Anyone can be temporarily perfect

like in a 10 question quiz given by s teacher,

but true Christians are saved by God's Grace

for doing His predestined/preplanned works for each of His adopted children. See Ephesians 2:8-10.

Matthew 5:20

“For I say to you that unless your righteousness shall exceed that of the Scribes and Pharisees,

you shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.”

(Attitudes and motives count according to God.)

Matthew 5:48

“Therefore be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.”

John 14:15 & 21

Jesus Christ said,

“If you love Me,

keep My commandments.

He [or she] who has My commandments and keeps them,

he [or she] it is who loves Me;

and he [or she] who loves Me shall be loved of My Father,

and I will love him [or her], and will manifest Myself to him [or her].”

Sep 3, 2016
That is not appropriate. I will obey 2 Timothy 3:5 in relation to you. I believe Jimmy Swaggart and you are wrong in emphasizing the Cross. Your postings in this forum are creating confusion and doing damage to others. I feel sorry for you because you are not living in the Kingdom of God which is defined in Romans 14:17. Divine peace and divine joy are so wonderful to receive. In doing my part for the Great Commission and being obedient to Holy Spirit urgings, I am receiving divine peace and divine joy frequently.

Jesus Explains the Purpose of Speaking in Parables

Matthew 13:10-14

10 And the Disciples came, and said unto Him (seems to pertain to a later time when they were alone), Why do you speak to them in Parables? (This portrays consternation on their part!)

11 He answered and said unto them (concerns the Lord's method of dealing with two different classes of people, those who really wanted to know God's way and those who were merely curious), Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but to them it is not given (two categories are here presented; in which category are you?).

12 For whosoever has (and wants more), to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance (if one wills Righteousness, the Lord wills more Righteousness to them): but whosoever has not (no interest for more), from him shall be taken away even that he has (he not only loses what he could have had, but even that which he has; to those who accept the Cross, they will have even more, and to those who reject the Cross, they will lose everything, even that which they previously had).

13 Therefore speak I to them in Parables (in order to separate those who hunger and thirst for Righteousness from those who don't): because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand (that is, they do not wish to see or hear or understand; and hence by a just judgment they lose this triple moral ability).

14 And in them (those who reject the Cross [1 Cor. 1:23]) is fulfilled the Prophecy of Isaiah, which says, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive (a willing deafness, a willful blindness, and a willful dullness; this Passage is quoted in one form or the other some seven times in the New Testament [Mat. 13:14-15; Mk. 4:12; LK. 8:10; Jn. 12:39-40; Acts 28:26-27; Rom. 11:8]):

JSM

Sep 3, 2016
Philippians 3:17-21 King James Version (KJV)

ENEMIES OF THE CROSS DOCTRINE

17 Brethren, be followers together of me (be "Fellow-imitators"), and mark them which walk so as you have us for an ensample (observe intently).

18 (For many walk (speaks of those attempting to live for God outside of the victory and rudiments of the Cross of Christ), of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping (this is a most serious matter), that they are the enemies of the Cross of Christ (those who do not look exclusively to the Cross of Christ must be labeled "enemies"):

19 Whose end is destruction (if the Cross is ignored, and continues to be ignored, the loss of the soul is the only ultimate conclusion), whose God is their belly (refers to those who attempt to pervert the Gospel for their own personal gain), and whose glory is in their shame (the material things they seek, God labels as "shame"), who mind earthly things.) (This means they have no interest in Heavenly things, which signifies they are using the Lord for their own personal gain.)

20 For our conversation (citizenship) is in Heaven (meaning the other ways will have no place in Heaven); from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ (the Rapture):

21 Who (the Lord) shall change our vile body (the Resurrection), that it may be fashioned like unto his Glorious body (every Saint will have a Glorified Body), according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself. ("All things" are done through the Cross.)

JSM

"All things" are done through the Cross. If you leave the Cross, you enter death (Romans 8:1-2, 6, 13)

Sep 3, 2016

stoneoffire said, "Now I can teach this for I see it. "Praise God, Praise God! Glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
***The New Testament does not teach “Automatic Sanctification”.

A true Christian can be perfect only when he or she is sensitive to The Holy Spirit and Scripture

and doing what is being urged by them because they are perfect.

Anyone can be temporarily perfect

like in a 10 question quiz given by s teacher,

but true Christians are saved by God's Grace

for doing His predestined/preplanned works for each of His adopted children. See Ephesians 2:8-10.

Matthew 5:20

“For I say to you that unless your righteousness shall exceed that of the Scribes and Pharisees,

you shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.”

(Attitudes and motives count according to God.)

Matthew 5:48

“Therefore be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.”

John 14:15 & 21

Jesus Christ said,

“If you love Me,

keep My commandments.

He [or she] who has My commandments and keeps them,

he [or she] it is who loves Me;

and he [or she] who loves Me shall be loved of My Father,

and I will love him [or her], and will manifest Myself to him [or her].”
You are in error.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Plus you are forgetting that Jesus was fulfilling the law in His dealings with the Jews, then upon Entering heaven, He sent the power to live the resurrected life. The revelation was given to Paul for the body of Christ then, for the law being fulfilled, the age has passed and a new age of grace is given to the world. Yet one must receive to benefit.

You are mixing truth with error.

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertainunto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: