Good posts with bad words

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

markss

Well-known member
Feb 10, 2020
589
483
63
How many times do I see posts that give excellent information, great responses to various Scriptural questions, and then close with something to the tune of . . . so there, you dummy! Or any number of negative personal comments.

Do we truly need to denigrate others? It seems that some do! Doesn't it work against the message you are writing? Can this be controlled in the Spirit?

James 3:13 LITV
Who is wise and knowing among you? Let him show his works by his good behavior, in meekness of wisdom.

Much love!
 
How many times do I see posts that give excellent information, great responses to various Scriptural questions, and then close with something to the tune of . . . so there, you dummy! Or any number of negative personal comments.

Do we truly need to denigrate others? It seems that some do! Doesn't it work against the message you are writing? Can this be controlled in the Spirit?

James 3:13 LITV
Who is wise and knowing among you? Let him show his works by his good behavior, in meekness of wisdom.

Much love!
But... But... But if I don't do that, how can I get the surge of pride from being smarter than the person I'm replying to?

Anything that somebody can be better than other people in will attract people who want to feed their pride. It's inevitable. And sure it can be controlled, but some people don't want to control it. They enjoy it.

If you confront them directly about it, their pride will not allow them to admit you are right. They will just get pissy about it. But you also can't congratulate them on a good post for the most part, because that will feed their pride more.

All I have found to do is read their post, acknowledge strictly to myself that it was a pretty good post, but don't ever, ever, ever say anything to them, positive or negative. Until they get over themselves, anything I say will either feed or trigger their pride.
 
But... But... But if I don't do that, how can I get the surge of pride from being smarter than the person I'm replying to?

Anything that somebody can be better than other people in will attract people who want to feed their pride. It's inevitable. And sure it can be controlled, but some people don't want to control it. They enjoy it.

If you confront them directly about it, their pride will not allow them to admit you are right. They will just get pissy about it. But you also can't congratulate them on a good post for the most part, because that will feed their pride more.

All I have found to do is read their post, acknowledge strictly to myself that it was a pretty good post, but don't ever, ever, ever say anything to them, positive or negative. Until they get over themselves, anything I say will either feed or trigger their pride.
Yeah, sometimes there is just nothing you can say either way with good effect.

I always remember Rich Buhler, who among other things hosted a call in radio show, Talk From The Heart. I loved listening to him! He went to be with the Lord in 2012.

I'd listen to people call in, ramble on about nonsense, sometimes things that I'd ask myself, who let this guy on the air?? And Rich would let them go on for a while, all the while I'm thinking, Why?? And then he would reach into that morass of words, and pull out something to respond to, and the next thing you know these two are having a deep spiritual discussion as Rich perceived what was under the floorboards, and drew the fellow out into something totally edifying.

I want to be like that.

While sometimes I feel the need to point to what gets in the way of good discussion, like you say, that rarely seems to give a good result.

More often I simply ignore the personal parts, pick out one or two things to reply to, and write if only for other readers, and hopefully to give the person at least something to think about.

I have two strong reasons to close my posts as I do, "much love". One is that I want to express my love for you, that I truly want to do something that will be good and helpful. The other is that as I write those two words, I have to ask myself, is this what my words reflect? Is this love?

Much love!
 
How many times do I see posts that give excellent information, great responses to various Scriptural questions, and then close with something to the tune of . . . so there, you dummy! Or any number of negative personal comments.

Do we truly need to denigrate others? It seems that some do! Doesn't it work against the message you are writing? Can this be controlled in the Spirit?

James 3:13 LITV
Who is wise and knowing among you? Let him show his works by his good behavior, in meekness of wisdom.

Much love!
THERE you is.
Glad to see ya!

You do know me! I'm same here as elsewhere.

And as a recovering chef and construction worker....and said a word my wife said was bad while teaching last Sunday......language is subjective.
 
  • Love
Reactions: markss
THERE you is.
Glad to see ya!

You do know me! I'm same here as elsewhere.

And as a recovering chef and construction worker....and said a word my wife said was bad while teaching last Sunday......language is subjective.
So true, what seems fine for me to say, someone else thinks not.

So that's another aspect to this issue, what we don't mean for harm, yet ends up getting in the way because of someone else's sensitivities. I feel the need to be aware of how my words will be received, that I can craft them more perfectly so they will be heard.

Much love!
 
Or...you troll.

Or...you detest correction! I fixed it for you. Thank God for me. You are on the road to destruction. I am better than you and have been a Christian longer.

ugh.
Southerners would just say Bless your heart.
 
Or...you troll.

Or...you detest correction! I fixed it for you. Thank God for me. You are on the road to destruction. I am better than you and have been a Christian longer.

ugh.
Southerners would just say Bless your heart.
All symptoms of thinking more highly of one's self than one ought.

Except the "bless your heart", that's a positive reply.

Much love!
 
Troll- you like to post a lot, makes a lively thread!
Correction- your writing is creative, love the typos! 😃

Lots of love..Lanolin
 
  • Like
Reactions: markss
Self affirmation at the expense of others. But in reality, my words don't tell others about someone else, my words reveal my heart.

Much love!
 
All symptoms of thinking more highly of one's self than one ought.

Except the "bless your heart", that's a positive reply.

Much love!
Ooooooh... No no no. In the south bless your heart is an insult.

Now I'm not one to talk about people, but bless her heart, she's so buck tooth she could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.

Well bless your lost little heart, you couldn't find your way out of a wet paper sack.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dino246 and markss
Ooooooh... No no no. In the south bless your heart is an insult.

Now I'm not one to talk about people, but bless her heart, she's so buck tooth she could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.

Well bless your lost little heart, you couldn't find your way out of a wet paper sack.
Oh.

(y)
 
How many times do I see posts that give excellent information, great responses to various Scriptural questions, and then close with something to the tune of . . . so there, you dummy! Or any number of negative personal comments.

Do we truly need to denigrate others? It seems that some do! Doesn't it work against the message you are writing? Can this be controlled in the Spirit?

James 3:13 LITV
Who is wise and knowing among you? Let him show his works by his good behavior, in meekness of wisdom.

Much love!
i haven't seen that even once!
 
Well someone posted on my thread Spare that Jacinda Ardern was an evil witch, and Taylor Swift, despite them not being on here, and unable to post back. And probably not even met them. They didn't say why, probably just because they were female and wielded power that they didn't like. IDK.

What is the point to saying that, they probably get enough death threats already.

It was supposed to be a thread about Prince Harry and his book Spare.