Grace can reach through anything

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 17, 2018
Hi, I'm Lorynn. I'm thankful for CC!

The better part of my childhood was wonderful! Parents who loved me, and a safe home to grow up in. However, sometimes even when you have the best parents and the nice home, things can happen. And a day in November 2008, proved that. Something everyone assumed was a stomach virus turned out to be the beginning of a 11 year nightmare.
When it got to the point where I threw up almost everyday, my family was sure this was more that a fluke virus. Appointments, blood work, colonoscopy, and an indoscopy, were a few of the things the doctors tried to make everything okay again. Looking back, I'm aware of how worried my parents were; however, they were always strong for me. After two years of fighting the illness, that no doctor could diagnose, it mysteriously went away. Everyone thought it must have been due to constipation because it was gone without a trace.

Then one day in gymnastics, the symptoms of the mysterious illness started to come back. After that day, the illness came of and on for another two years. After more doctor appointments and blood work, it was finally decided that the "illness" was Abdominal Migraines. They gave me more medicine each night, and some pills to take if I felt sick. After months of periodic vomiting or being so sick I couldn't move, my parents thought it was best to try another doctor. By now I was not a great fan of doctors! Finally though, we found the best doctor we could have asked for. He was kind, gentle, and very soft spoken, which made everything easier. He gave me more medicine, and we hoped that maybe this time it would work. It turns out that the migraines did get better but not from the medicine. My mom heard from a friend that going gluten free had made her daughter's stomach problems get better, so my mom decided that it was worth the try. When my mom asked if I was okay with trying out the diet, I thought that it was going to be just another failed attempt. But anything was worth the effort if it meant the throwing up would go away. After a few weeks of going gluten free, I felt amazing! Unfortunately, after a few months of nothing, the migraines came back. Again. In yet another miracle, my mom called the doctor's offfice, and the nurse told her to try taking all migraine triggers out of my meals. Hallelujah!!!!! After that day, there was no more throwing up!!! Life went on from that day and everything looked healed and wonderful from the outside. No one saw, however, the emotional trauma that was beginning to grow.

It turned into OCD, fear, and it got to the point where I could barely even functing normaly. I thought Jesus was disappointed in me, and that I would never get to where I didn't feel guilty all the time. When it got to where I cried everyday, my mom told me I had to go to therapy. I did not want. Boy, am I glad I about it now though! I'm beginning to put faith in Christ completely, not my own performance. I'm beginning to realize the caring and forgiving heart of Jesus. I don't have it all figured out, yet I'm thankful for the difference from a year and a half ago. And I'm even thankful for all that I went through.

Ann10

Oct 18, 2017
Glad to hear the news that you are feeling better and that you are putting your faith in Christ. God has a plan for your life and can use any circumstance in your life for good. It is hard to understand why we have to go through hard times but God wants us to share our stories to give him the glory. You just shared your testimony and that is very special.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I read your entire post about your medical history. You have traveled down a rough road so far but I'm glad that there has been dramatic improvement in your health. It looks like the OCD is under control too so that's a good thing and now trusting in Jesus. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

Jesuswontleave

Apr 17, 2018
I'm thankful for every reply!
Im beginning to realize that everything I went through had a point.
And I'm thankful for that.
Even when I threw up every other day for a month or more.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I'm thankful for every reply!
Im beginning to realize that everything I went through had a point.
And I'm thankful for that.
Even when I threw up every other day for a month or more.
Wow! Young lady, you have an amazing testimony!

ToGoFruit

Oct 5, 2017
Hi, I'm Lorynn. I'm thankful for CC!

The better part of my childhood was wonderful! Parents who loved me, and a safe home to grow up in. However, sometimes even when you have the best parents and the nice home, things can happen. And a day in November 2008, proved that. Something everyone assumed was a stomach virus turned out to be the beginning of a 11 year nightmare.
When it got to the point where I threw up almost everyday, my family was sure this was more that a fluke virus. Appointments, blood work, colonoscopy, and an indoscopy, were a few of the things the doctors tried to make everything okay again. Looking back, I'm aware of how worried my parents were; however, they were always strong for me. After two years of fighting the illness, that no doctor could diagnose, it mysteriously went away. Everyone thought it must have been due to constipation because it was gone without a trace.

Then one day in gymnastics, the symptoms of the mysterious illness started to come back. After that day, the illness came of and on for another two years. After more doctor appointments and blood work, it was finally decided that the "illness" was Abdominal Migraines. They gave me more medicine each night, and some pills to take if I felt sick. After months of periodic vomiting or being so sick I couldn't move, my parents thought it was best to try another doctor. By now I was not a great fan of doctors! Finally though, we found the best doctor we could have asked for. He was kind, gentle, and very soft spoken, which made everything easier. He gave me more medicine, and we hoped that maybe this time it would work. It turns out that the migraines did get better but not from the medicine. My mom heard from a friend that going gluten free had made her daughter's stomach problems get better, so my mom decided that it was worth the try. When my mom asked if I was okay with trying out the diet, I thought that it was going to be just another failed attempt. But anything was worth the effort if it meant the throwing up would go away. After a few weeks of going gluten free, I felt amazing! Unfortunately, after a few months of nothing, the migraines came back. Again. In yet another miracle, my mom called the doctor's offfice, and the nurse told her to try taking all migraine triggers out of my meals. Hallelujah!!!!! After that day, there was no more throwing up!!! Life went on from that day and everything looked healed and wonderful from the outside. No one saw, however, the emotional trauma that was beginning to grow.

It turned into OCD, fear, and it got to the point where I could barely even functing normaly. I thought Jesus was disappointed in me, and that I would never get to where I didn't feel guilty all the time. When it got to where I cried everyday, my mom told me I had to go to therapy. I did not want. Boy, am I glad I about it now though! I'm beginning to put faith in Christ completely, not my own performance. I'm beginning to realize the caring and forgiving heart of Jesus. I don't have it all figured out, yet I'm thankful for the difference from a year and a half ago. And I'm even thankful for all that I went through.

What a powerful testimony. Thank you for sharing this--you're providing hope for others walking through similar deserts. You have a heart of gold and a persevering spirit. Praying you continue to dive deeper with the Lord and that He reveals himself in ways that romance you like no other!