E
thou art right!Or worse because unless you write the entire entry in old engish; spelt is improper. Is actually spelled.![]()
I remember my English teacher in college was very particular for instance if you had only one comma mistake on a paper your grade would be no higher than a b. Once he asked me what a word was that I spelled wrong and it was the word occurred however I spelt it with an a. However, worst of all after we turned our papers in he would read and make fun of the worst ones in front of the whole class. Thankfully he didn't mention names when he did so because one of the ones he read out loud was mine.
As strange as it may sound my teacher, as rough as he was, taught me a lot.English professors all too often exemplify everything that's wrong with bourgeois elitists. One of my English professors was shot in the eye with a bee-bee gun for being a schmuck like that.
I have seen some on CC that have bad grammar but they have spiritual wisdom and understand other members post and communicate very well with what they say so If It's possible to overlook the bad English, look past It and focus on what they are saying.
That must have been covered in English 1304 or something. Lol just playing aroundAnother common infraction is when people say all of a sudden. There are many words that can be used as either an adjective or a noun, however sudden is not one of those words. I google it and it said that since it is an idiom then technically it is proper grammar but I just can't justify using an adjective as a noun.
I'm not sure if that sentence needs a comma.A comma or lack of a comma changes the whole meaning of a sentence.
Example . .We are taking donations to help prevent domestic violence,in the front office....
leaving out the comma means that there is domestic violence in the office
I think that is when choice of words come into play.I'm not sure if that sentence needs a comma.
I couldn't find a single error in your post,I'm pretty forgiving of spelling and grammar errors online...as long as I can understand the intent then I'm not about to nitpick, it's silly.
It seems petty when the only response to a person's inquiry or thought is simply highlighting a grammatical error.
English professors all too often exemplify everything that's wrong with bourgeois elitists. One of my English professors was shot in the eye with a bee-bee gun for being a schmuck like that.