Greetings all

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 16, 2023
Greetings,

I thought I should do a little intro, especially if it helps anyone gives me some pro-tips on how to get the most from this forum.

Last year, I'd been Buddhist for the past 18 years, but was interested in exploring the Bible because one of my sons had started at a Christian school, and I wanted to support him on that path, and protect him from the godlessness of this post-modern society. In September last year, a friend of mine was getting married at her church one Saturday, and I offered to be her wedding DJ. I enjoyed the ceremony, company and atmosphere so much I turned up the next day for the actual Sunday service, and haven't looked back. The church is an independent NCMI-affiliated church and describes itself as "radically Bible-centric" which I was pleased about, because when I was Buddhist, I was "radically Sutta-centric". Denominations have never been an interest or focus for me, so it was an easy fit.

In October, I read the Bible cover to cover in 34 days, and straight after that period of deep immersion in the word, I was baptized in the Holy Spirit in November. In February, my wife and I both received water baptism (my wife had received childhood baptism, but we both agreed it wasn't biblical, because how could a baby repent?). All the while, I'm regularly studying the Bible (this time in depth, with study notes etc.), attending prayer group to enhance my relationship with God, trying to absorb everything I can, and learning how to be a Christian father in a Christian household (with sons soon to be 7 & 5 years old, plus an adult son who has moved out of home).

So yes, it's been a bit of a whirlwind conversion, and I'm very well supported by my local church, but I have also enjoyed participating in Buddhist forums over the years, so I'm joining here in the hope that I might be able to benefit now from Christian forums too. We'll see how it goes!

Paul.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello Paul (@retrofuturist), and welcome to CChat! I'm glad that you found us, and that you decided to join in the conversations with us too :)

It sounds like you have had many interesting and wonderful things happening in your life here of late, PTL. Thank you for sharing those with us, and I look forward to talking with you and perhaps hearing more out on the other boards.

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Welcome to CC.
---
More of His grace to you..

Blessings,

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Greetings,

I thought I should do a little intro, especially if it helps anyone gives me some pro-tips on how to get the most from this forum.

Last year, I'd been Buddhist for the past 18 years, but was interested in exploring the Bible because one of my sons had started at a Christian school, and I wanted to support him on that path, and protect him from the godlessness of this post-modern society. In September last year, a friend of mine was getting married at her church one Saturday, and I offered to be her wedding DJ. I enjoyed the ceremony, company and atmosphere so much I turned up the next day for the actual Sunday service, and haven't looked back. The church is an independent NCMI-affiliated church and describes itself as "radically Bible-centric" which I was pleased about, because when I was Buddhist, I was "radically Sutta-centric". Denominations have never been an interest or focus for me, so it was an easy fit.

In October, I read the Bible cover to cover in 34 days, and straight after that period of deep immersion in the word, I was baptized in the Holy Spirit in November. In February, my wife and I both received water baptism (my wife had received childhood baptism, but we both agreed it wasn't biblical, because how could a baby repent?). All the while, I'm regularly studying the Bible (this time in depth, with study notes etc.), attending prayer group to enhance my relationship with God, trying to absorb everything I can, and learning how to be a Christian father in a Christian household (with sons soon to be 7 & 5 years old, plus an adult son who has moved out of home).

So yes, it's been a bit of a whirlwind conversion, and I'm very well supported by my local church, but I have also enjoyed participating in Buddhist forums over the years, so I'm joining here in the hope that I might be able to benefit now from Christian forums too. We'll see how it goes!

Paul.
Welcome Paul.
That's quite a change from Buddhist to Christian. Have you met other Buddhists who decided to put their faith in Christ?

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I'm regularly studying the Bible (this time in depth, with study notes etc.), attending prayer group to enhance my relationship with God, trying to absorb everything I can, and learning how to be a Christian father in a Christian household (with sons soon to be 7 & 5 years old, plus an adult son who has moved out of home).
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← more to absorb / 'prove in your in depth' study?

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Greetings,

Paul.
Welcome to the Faith, brother Paul! (y) Thank you so much for that intro.
It is such a wonderful thing that you have a complete unbroken family circle. :)(y):coffee:

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to meet you and welcome to the fellowship here at CC! Glad you are wise enough to know the real deal when given the option. God bless your family and your time here!