Greetings and hello

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 12, 2021
Hello everyone! I'm happy to find this place and hope to engage in some fruitful conversations. Hope everyone is doing well amidst these incredible times. I pray for Truth and love to prevail over the evil that seems to be saturating our culture, and this world. I pray that our leaders eyes be opened unto Your Truth and that they may turn to serve You first. May God bless us and keep us. Amen.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @magpie84, welcome to CChat! I'm glad that you found us and decided to join in the discussions with us, and thank you for your wonderful into as well :)

God bless you!

~Deut

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Hi! Welcome again @magpie84 🤗 hope you'll enjoy your time here with us 😊

See you around the forums 🙋

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hello everyone! I'm happy to find this place and hope to engage in some fruitful conversations. Hope everyone is doing well amidst these incredible times. I pray for Truth and love to prevail over the evil that seems to be saturating our culture, and this world. I pray that our leaders eyes be opened unto Your Truth and that they may turn to serve You first. May God bless us and keep us. Amen.
Wonderful post, God bless you brother M!:):coffee: Welcome to CC.

Mar 4, 2020
Greetings and salutations!

Apr 12, 2021
Hello @magpie84, welcome to CChat! I'm glad that you found us and decided to join in the discussions with us, and thank you for your wonderful into as well :)

God bless you!

~Deut

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.
Thank you!! God bless you!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Happy to have you join and possibly engage in fruitful conversations. Praying for truth and love to prevail over the evil one is a good thing. God bless you as well. Welcome to CC.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to meet you and read the glorious Intro you wrote! Glad to have you joining us in the Forums, God bless you!

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Now that's the way you come into the threads.
Welcome to Christian Chat. May God's Grace be ever upon you and His Love to continue to shine abundantly.
Look forward to chatting with you sometime.🙂

L

Live4Him

Being the curious type, I looked up "magpie" to see if there might be any relevance to your username.

A magpie is either a long-tailed crow (I doubt that that applies, but a lot of people here "eat crow" pretty regularly, whether willfully or not, so be forewarned...lol), or a person who collects things of little value, or a person who chatters idly.

Do any of these apply...or should I just get a life and stop "Googling" things (lol)?

Whatever the case may be, welcome aboard (the Titanic...lol).

Apr 12, 2021
Nice to meet you and read the glorious Intro you wrote! Glad to have you joining us in the Forums, God bless you!
Thank you! Nice to meet you as well! I'm glad to find this place. There are a lot of great people here! God bless you!

Apr 12, 2021
Now that's the way you come into the threads.
Welcome to Christian Chat. May God's Grace be ever upon you and His Love to continue to shine abundantly.
Look forward to chatting with you sometime.🙂
Thank you very much!
Being the curious type, I looked up "magpie" to see if there might be any relevance to your username.

A magpie is either a long-tailed crow (I doubt that that applies, but a lot of people here "eat crow" pretty regularly, whether willfully or not, so be forewarned...lol), or a person who collects things of little value, or a person who chatters idly.

Do any of these apply...or should I just get a life and stop "Googling" things (lol)?

Whatever the case may be, welcome aboard (the Titanic...lol).
Hi Live4Him! Nice to meet you. Mostly I just like the way they look in flight.

But, I have heard about the collecting of things that they do as well. I've heard also that it's another name for a hoarder usually those who like to collect shiny or reflective things (but then I've seen articles that refute this about the birds haha). I know they can be quite mean and swoop down to attack people as they go by! I might be a bit of a hoarder, but I never swoop down and attack people, so I guess I relate most with collecting things more ;).

That's a good point about "eat crow" :) That just about sums up most of the internet. A slice of humble pie never taste good, but it can help with pride issues for sure if one humbles themselves. I know I've consumed some big slices over the years. It's always better to be corrected, as long as it's done with love and a goodhearted motive:

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." -Proverbs 27:6
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." -Proverbs 27:17
"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." -Proverbs 16:18
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise." -Proverbs 12:15

Thanks for stirring up some good discussion and Bible study this morning for me! Again, nice to meet you! Hope you have a great day. God bless you!

L

Live4Him

Thank you very much!

Hi Live4Him! Nice to meet you. Mostly I just like the way they look in flight.

But, I have heard about the collecting of things that they do as well. I've heard also that it's another name for a hoarder usually those who like to collect shiny or reflective things (but then I've seen articles that refute this about the birds haha). I know they can be quite mean and swoop down to attack people as they go by! I might be a bit of a hoarder, but I never swoop down and attack people, so I guess I relate most with collecting things more ;).

That's a good point about "eat crow" :) That just about sums up most of the internet. A slice of humble pie never taste good, but it can help with pride issues for sure if one humbles themselves. I know I've consumed some big slices over the years. It's always better to be corrected, as long as it's done with love and a goodhearted motive:

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." -Proverbs 27:6
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." -Proverbs 27:17
"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." -Proverbs 16:18
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise." -Proverbs 12:15

Thanks for stirring up some good discussion and Bible study this morning for me! Again, nice to meet you! Hope you have a great day. God bless you!
That is a pretty photo. I always assumed that magpies were totally black, but I like the contrast in colors.

Those are some of my favorite Bible verses that you quoted. I've only ever started one thread of my own here, and it was about "iron sharpens iron".

Personally, I acquired a taste for humble pie a long time ago.

If I'm genuinely in error, then I'm thankful if someone corrects me...whether gently or roughly.

"Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities." (Psalm 141:5)