Greetings! Any here have the Courage to Question?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Does God teach them all these conflicting Dogmas?

• Total voters
U

UnderGrace

I treat them as individuals (young to old, male to female, lay to office), not so much as a group mentality.
Then you do not understand how they have been indoctrinated, I agree they are individuals but they have been programmed to adopt a group think mentality. Until they are set free by the grace of God their individuality is subsumed in false doctrine

T

theanointedsinner

Then you do not understand how they have been indoctrinated, I agree they are individuals but they have been programmed to adopt a group think mentality. Until they are set free by the grace of God their individuality is subsumed in false doctrine
so, looking for a common ground to have a peaceful conversation is pointless? :(

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
It is very difficult to find 'common ground' with a Jehovah's Witness disciple. They let the Watchtower Tract Society do their thinking for them.
I am able to find 'common ground' within a certain range of topics, and prophecy (among others) is one such place.

This is why I desire their more detailed position on certain prophecies within Daniel and Revelation.

However, I also find that the WTS/JW org have unique affinities, doctrinally, with Catholicism, and even standard evangelical positions.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I am able to find 'common ground' within a certain range of topics, and prophecy (among others) is one such place.

This is why I desire their more detailed position on certain prophecies within Daniel and Revelation.

However, I also find that the WTS/JW org have unique affinities, doctrinally, with Catholicism, and even standard evangalical positions.
You realize that they are enemies of traditional Christianity? Do you believe the Scripture teaches that Jesus Christ is God?

S

SpoonJuly

I like the JW literature they leave in public places. I gather it up, take it home, and use it to start fires with.

T

theanointedsinner

It is very difficult to find 'common ground' with a Jehovah's Witness disciple. They let the Watchtower Tract Society do their thinking for them.
The second we think about "going to the source" we'd be as apathetic as sleep for this one, and that's a good thing to not care too much on something that we can't do,
except that if we are aware of it, pray about it, if not, don't worry about it

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
I like the JW literature they leave in public places. I gather it up, take it home, and use it to start fires with.
I keep the main material, such as the NWT (1970, I have), as well as WDTBRT? (What does the Bible really teach?) and PATDP (Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy; I specifically asked for this one, and they were kind enough to bring it to me), while I attempt to access the rest of the material I need for references at their main web, and I also have other material which references their main material for witnessing to, such as Our Friends the Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as Watchtower, Is It God's Channel of Truth?, and Carl Olof Jonsson's correspondence with the WTS.

T

theanointedsinner

I keep the main material, such as the NWT (1970, I have), as well as WDTBRT? (What does the Bible really teach?) and PATDP (Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy; I specifically asked for this one, and they were kind enough to bring it to me), while I attempt to access the rest of the material I need for references at their main web, and I also have other material which references their main material for witnessing to, such as Our Friends the Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as Watchtower, Is It God's Channel of Truth?, and Carl Olof Jonsson's correspondence with the WTS.
be careful with what you are dabbling on, be secure with your belief (faith in God's sacrifical grace = salvation), and don't let it mess with your mind

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
be careful with what you are dabbling on, be secure with your belief, and don't let it mess with your mind
Thank you for your precious concern. It is appreciated, and warranted for those who need it. I am very grounded in God's word, the King James Bible.

2Co_2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
The reason I keep the 1970 Green NWT, is for several reasons, (preface), and another of which is Hebrews 1:6. It reads differently now in their present 'silver sword' (NWT) though I still know how to show them from their footnotes in the online edition.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Thank you for your precious concern. It is appreciated, and warranted for those who need it. I am very grounded in God's word, the King James Bible.

2Co_2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
I look forward to discussing the bolded part with you... in another thread.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Hi PyongPing I'm an admin here; this post that I quoted (and antoher post from you) was reported because it is perceived that you are a JW or pro-JW doctrine. Can you please clarify.

Here's a litmus test question:

Do you agree with the JW's translation of John 1:1 which changes "the Word [Jesus] was God" to "... was a god"?

Is Jesus a created being?

Or is He the Creator?

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
Hi PyongPing I'm an admin here; this post that I quoted (and antoher post from you) was reported because it is perceived that you are a JW or pro-JW doctrine. Can you please clarify.

Here's a litmus test question:

Do you agree with the JW's translation of John 1:1 which changes "the Word [Jesus] was God" to "... was a god"?

Is Jesus a created being?

Or is He the Creator?
Wow. I should have seen that coming, since it seems some do not like me here, and seem yo want to read something malicious into my replies. Perhaps I have not been clear enough.

Hi brother RoboOp, I am glad you are fulfilling your function in a godly manner. I first want to thank you for giving me the open opportunity to reply. That is very much appreciated, brother.

I can clarify for you (and those a little skittish) since you asked so kindly. :)

I am not a WTS/JW member, and never have been.

First litmus test question, answer:

I do not agree with the NWT in John 1:1, "a god". That is terribly incorrect. It is in fact blasphemous. It (NWT) is based upon the wrong MSS, first and foremost (see the preface), and secondly it is a bad (incorrect) 'translation'.

The King James is the correct translation:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (and still is, ever has been)

Second litmus test question, answer:

The Person/Being of the Son (Jesus) is not a created being (never will be, or ever was), but is an eternal Being/Person (Deity), that has always and eternally existed alongside the right hand of the Person/Being of the Father (except when sent). The human flesh nature of Jesus is created (Hebrews 10:5; Galatians 4:4).

Third litmus test question, answer:

Jesus (Person/Being of the Son) is indeed the Creator (yet, not the Person/Being of the Father, neither the Person/Being of the Holy Ghost/Spirit).

This is Jesus:

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.​
The Father, made all things by the Son (Jesus):

Heb_1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;​
Eph_3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:​
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:​
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.​
This is the Father:

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.​
This is the Holy Ghost/Spirit (also an eternal Being/Person):
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.​
The reason I am seeking information from a WTS/JW is because I am attempting to fill in the specific blanks in their prophetic timeline, that I cannot immediately locate in their literature, to be able to see their whole picture, that I may be more equipped to witness and share with them on that 'common' ground of Prophecy (which I love to study).

Hopefully that is clear, and referenced enough for you brother RoboOp. If no, let me know, and I will try again to clarify.

Mar 28, 2016
The Person/Being of the Son (Jesus) is not a created being (never will be, or ever was), but is an eternal Being/Person (Deity), that has always and eternally existed alongside the right hand of the Person/Being of the Father. The human flesh nature of Jesus is created (Hebrews 10:5; Galatians 4:4).
I would suggest God is supernatural without nature or a beginning. He remains without mother or father beginning of Spirit life or end thereof.

He is not a man as us and neither is there a fleshly mediator as one seen set between God and man. The Son of man Jesus of his own flesh he says it profits for nothing. It is His unseen Spirit that can quicken our soul. His word is spirit and is life.

The father and the son of God are one and the same Spirit. God is one

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Wow. I should have seen that coming, since it seems some do not like me here, and seem yo want to read something malicious into my replies. Perhaps I have not been clear enough.

Hi brother RoboOp, I am glad you are fulfilling your function in a godly manner. I first want to thank you for giving me the open opportunity to reply. That is very much appreciated, brother.

I can clarify for you (and those a little skittish) since you asked so kindly. :)

I am not a WTS/JW member, and never have been.

First litmus test question, answer:

I do not agree with the NWT in John 1:1, "a god". That is terribly incorrect. It is in fact blasphemous. It (NWT) is based upon the wrong MSS, first and foremost (see the preface), and secondly it is a bad (incorrect) 'translation'.

The King James is the correct translation:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (and still is, ever has been)

The Person/Being of the Son (Jesus) is not a created being (never will be, or ever was), but is an eternal Being/Person (Deity), that has always and eternally existed alongside the right hand of the Person/Being of the Father (except when sent). The human flesh nature of Jesus is created (Hebrews 10:5; Galatians 4:4).

Third litmus test question, answer:

Jesus (Person/Being of the Son) is indeed the Creator (yet, not the Person/Being of the Father, neither the Person/Being of the Holy Ghost/Spirit).

This is Jesus:

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.​
The Father, made all things by the Son (Jesus):

Heb_1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;​
Eph_3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:​
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:​
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.​
This is the Father:

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.​
This is the Holy Ghost/Spirit (also an eternal Being/Person):
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.​
The reason I am seeking information from a WTS/JW is because I am attempting to fill in the specific blanks in their prophetic timeline, that I cannot immediately locate in their literature, to be able to see their whole picture, that I may be more equipped to witness and share with them on that 'common' ground of Prophecy (which I love to study).

Hopefully that is clear, and referenced enough for you brother RoboOp. If no, let me know, and I will try again to clarify.
Thanks for the clarification, sorry apparently you were misunderstood. I don't read all posts but have to deal with some of the reports and sometimes I don't know all the context.