Greetings from England

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Hello Adstar.
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am indeed working my way through the New Testament.
Regarding the gospels, which I have read, my first question would be: why is St. John’s so unique when compared to the synoptics? Are there special reasons that the synoptic writers would have chosen to be less explicit in their theology, than John? I’m talking of course about Jesus being God. This fact is implied, I think, in the synoptics, but St. John really hammers it home. Nonetheless, I do trust the gospels because I trust Jesus.
I believe the 4 different gospels where needed to fill in the gaps of each other but also to appeal to different kinds of people.. I usually quote from the Gospel of Matthew when i am explaining the Gospel but i notice others are focused on the Gospel of John.. People tend to know if they are moved more by the Gospel of John or the Gospel of Matthew.. Of course we should read them all and take them as the same Gospel but from slightly different angels and from different personality types..

Regarding the will of God; that’s a great question. I’m no expert but I think it’s reasonable to say that God wants us to be with Him, so that we may enjoy Him and His presence, and vice versa. I believe we’re made free because Love can only be given freely. I ask God to help me to do right by Him.
I agree.. Yes God wants a good and eternal relationship with us.. :)

I’m confident that following Jesus is the best way. How God administers His ultimate plan, I do not know, but I have faith in His wisdom and providence.
Again i agree.. Trusting God ( having Faith in him) is an essential foundation to having a good relationship with God.. (y)

PS: Oh and the main reason i asked if you had read the New Testament is i always advise new Christians to use the word of God as their primary source of information on the will of God.. In your post you mentioned a number of preachers / apologists.. While i think it is good to hear and consider the points put forward by these kinds of people.. We need to be cautious not to simply reply on other men to lead us to eternity with God.. We need to seek the will of God direct from Him through the inspiration of His Holy Spirit via the Word of God..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Hi everyone.

Bit about me. I was an agnostic until just this year. As I probed the resurrection accounts I realised that, to quote Frank Turek, I don't have enough faith to be an atheist. The historicity of the Christian worldview is solid and reliable. Please understand though, that my thoughts and questions regarding God, go back many years.

I was especially moved by Christian case-makers such as William Lane Craig, Norman Geisler, Peter Kreeft, and others. William Lane Craig is the greatest living Christian apologist, in my opinion. More recently I've been enjoying the works of Bishop Robert Barron.

Coming to know Jesus has been like turning on a light, a light that was there the whole time, waiting for me to choose it. It's not always easy, of course; I realise that I'm on a journey of sorts. I also realise that I don't need to have all of the answers at once.

Anyway, that's me. Feel free to ask me anything or to just say hello. I look forward to interacting with you.
Hello Ferdi, any questions about creation , I may can help .. I'm no academic expert but I've come across some good answers through the years .. And I try not to be long winded about it

E

EliBeth

Hi everyone.

Bit about me. I was an agnostic until just this year. As I probed the resurrection accounts I realised that, to quote Frank Turek, I don't have enough faith to be an atheist. The historicity of the Christian worldview is solid and reliable. Please understand though, that my thoughts and questions regarding God, go back many years.

I was especially moved by Christian case-makers such as William Lane Craig, Norman Geisler, Peter Kreeft, and others. William Lane Craig is the greatest living Christian apologist, in my opinion. More recently I've been enjoying the works of Bishop Robert Barron.

Coming to know Jesus has been like turning on a light, a light that was there the whole time, waiting for me to choose it. It's not always easy, of course; I realise that I'm on a journey of sorts. I also realise that I don't need to have all of the answers at once.

Anyway, that's me. Feel free to ask me anything or to just say hello. I look forward to interacting with you.
Welcome! Your intro was especially encouraging. Thank you for your honesty and obedience in believing and accepting (the truth of) Christ. Some reject Him no matter what. Your post was refreshing!

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Welcome Ferdi, it was very encouraging to hear how you came to Jesus! Welcome to Christian Chat, and more importantly to the family of God, my brother :).

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
Hi everyone.

Welcome, Ferdi👋. It is hearty welcome to you. And today both our nations are facing eachother on the cricket pitch.🏏

You said, we could ask if you anything. Do you have alot of interest in history?

rosiejay

Dec 31, 2019
Welcome. May God reveal himself to you more and more and experience a love so vast, so all-consuming, so powerful just as we have experienced it ourselves. Be blessed. PS. I like William Lane Craig too.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Hi everyone.

Hello Ferdi, and welcome to CC :) we are glad to have you here and thanks for sharing your testimony!

See you around the forums!

Blessings 💜

Dec 13, 2019
Welcome Ferdi, it was very encouraging to hear how you came to Jesus! Welcome to Christian Chat, and more importantly to the family of God, my brother :).
Thank you very much. <3