Former chatter here, looking for a new place to praise the Lord.
I didn't know we had a mitten state.
Is it any particular knid of mitten, like an oven mitten?
Like... if it means all the women there are good cooks, that would be a plus.
I grew up in Detroit and later in Lansing before moving to Florida in 1985. The best in-depth chats take place in the forums rather than the live chat rooms. Looking forward to getting to know you through your posts. This is a wonderful place for praising the Lord. Glad to have you as part of our family. Welcome to CC.
Hello Rose. It is good that you have joined us here......good for us and good for you. lol We can learn so much from one another!T
Has Michigan experienced such hot weather as the rest of the US? How about the Upper Peninsula area?
We look forward to chatting with you. Welcome.![]()
I have only been to the UP once and that was in 1968. Been to Mackinac Island in 1978. My daughter still lives in the Lansing area with her husband and 5 children. We try to get up there every other year finances and time permitting.Thanks for the welcome. It has been unusually hot this summer in MI but we are far enough north that is has not been nearly as severe as other parts of the country. Not sure about the UP, but their summers are usually pretty short and pleasant.
I have only been to the UP once and that was in 1968. Been to Mackinac Island in 1978. My daughter still lives in the Lansing area with her husband and 5 children. We try to get up there every other year finances and time permitting.
I have only been to the UP once and that was in 1968. Been to Mackinac Island in 1978. My daughter still lives in the Lansing area with her husband and 5 children. We try to get up there every other year finances and time permitting.
Former chatter here, looking for a new place to praise the Lord.
Quite a coincidence because I lived in Maine too from Sep 2005 to Mar 2014. I lived in Rockland which is on the coast about 80 miles NE of Portland. Other than seeing a little of Portland and a month in Bangor I didn't see much of the state as I was too busy providing for my family.I haven't been to the UP since 1983, same for seeing the Bridge and Island. I lived in OH 1990-1999, and in ME 2001-2017. It's good to be "home" and I plan to stay put this time.
Quite a coincidence because I lived in Maine too from Sep 2005 to Mar 2014. I lived in Rockland which is on the coast about 80 miles NE of Portland. Other than seeing a little of Portland and a month in Bangor I didn't see much of the state as I was too busy providing for my family.
Things didn't go well for me there as my family was in Orlando and my daughter and grandchildren in Lansing and I felt very alone and isolated. Compared to Florida living life in Maine seemed to move at a snails pace. Very few franchise restaurants and stores. I found the weather dreary, predominately cold and wet. Living on the coast there was lots of fog too. Miserable place.
Lived in Tennessee too 1980 - 1983. Loved it there and plan to move there in a year or so in Gatlinburg. Currently living in Clearwater which is wedged in between Tampa and St. Petersburg. Very congested and tired of hearing police sirens and ambulances day and night.
I have been around a lot so I'm not really sure where my home is. Perhaps it's where my heart is.
I have heard of all of those towns. I used to work in the direct mail facility in Rockland to which was a branch of a company that used to be known as Target Marketing which sent out packets of advertising to each household in Maine each week. Each packet always included a Rite-Aide flyer. I'm sure that you have probably received them too.So your time in ME was within the time I was there. I lived NW of Bangor, kind of smack dab in the middle of the state. We lived in 2 small villages, Wellington and Harmony, actually only 10 mi. apart. Guilford, Dover Foxcroft, and Skowhegan were around us, if you have heard of any of them. The area was very rural, mostly woods. I got used to watching out for deer and moose rather than traffic. I was always working or caring for my late husband so I didn't see much of ME either, but I really grew to love the area and the casual slow paced lifestyle, but I hated the long cold winters and the spring black flies. I did grow up in Michigan and especially missed the big lake as well as family and friends I'd left behind. I have visited FL twice, both in June, did not like the heat, didn't care for the scenery, and people were not friendly.