Guyssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dokimos

I am trying to get away from some pretty bad online communities, so this seems pretty safe for someone who is a professing Christian.
Looking at some of the bible discussion threads. Looks like a pretty good place to take notes from.

I opened up a Twitter because despite being female and disqualified to run a ministry without a male head, I know I am still approved by God to share the word publicly. https://twitter.com/GospelUnchained

I keep a database of information on Microsoft OneNote with various texts and scriptures. My life's work is serving my husband and studying God's word to minister more effectively and let the word minister to me.

Could anyone tell me how to change my avatar and signature on here? Thanks.

I hope nothing I have said in this first post has come across as incorrect.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
First welcome, I appreciate your life's work. Way to serve and point to our Lord!!! Second, go to your profile page and see where it says edit avatar on your current avatar...

I know that I don't stand alone, when I say we are looking forward to seeing you around here and thank you for honoring us by joining us.

Oh and about your signature go to the three lines, on the right upper corner, see the little person symbol, click on it and I think you will find the signature option to make changes.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
😂 wrong right, it is actually left upper corner. I am left handed so I see it being right, Har d har har!!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
First welcome, I appreciate your life's work. Way to serve and point to our Lord!!! Second, go to your profile page and see where it says edit avatar on your current avatar...

I know that I don't stand alone, when I say we are looking forward to seeing you around here and thank you for honoring us by joining us.

Oh and about your signature go to the three lines, on the right upper corner, see the little person symbol, click on it and I think you will find the signature option to make changes.

You're almost correct. :) To change the avatar, go to your account, click on "account details". Then click on the avatar pic to change it, and make sure you click "save changes" when you're done..

Kaps89

Nov 19, 2018
Kent, England
I am trying to get away from some pretty bad online communities, so this seems pretty safe for someone who is a professing Christian.
Looking at some of the bible discussion threads. Looks like a pretty good place to take notes from.

I opened up a Twitter because despite being female and disqualified to run a ministry without a male head, I know I am still approved by God to share the word publicly. https://twitter.com/GospelUnchained

I keep a database of information on Microsoft OneNote with various texts and scriptures. My life's work is serving my husband and studying God's word to minister more effectively and let the word minister to me.

Hello and welcome to the forums. There's a load of friendly people and active discussions here. I look forward to seeing your posts in the future.

Tom

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
You're almost correct. :) To change the avatar, go to your account, click on "account details". Then click on the avatar pic to change it, and make sure you click "save changes" when you're done..
Oh thank you, Sis, much appreciated. You rock. Seriously, you, once again, prove it takes a village. :D!!!

R

RodB65

Welcome to CC...

we are glad to have you here!

:whistle::coffee:

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018

God does not discriminate as he is no respecter of persons.
We are all one in Christ. No male, no female. If you feel called to start a ministry, or to preach, do so. Women were Apostles in the scriptures. Paul spoke of his female apostles in his letters.
God called a woman to deliver the savior of the world. The first "preacher" of his gift of grace through salvation. A woman grows babies in her body, sustains them from her breasts. Of course we can preach the word when The Word trusts us enough to call us to do so.
Anyone who tells you you're not able to answer that call because you're a female is your first congregant who needs open their heart and mind to the truth. :) Which isn't found in those men who interpret the scriptures so as to try and convince you God see's women as less because he made them female in his own image.

God bless you in your faith walk. Welcome.

R

RodB65

Glad you're here Blessed032 !!!

Welcome to CC.

I am part of the Junior Welcoming Committee and the unofficial coffee room security council leader. I cordially extend the right hand of fellowship. :cool:

S

Sherril

Dokimos awesome you are here, welcome to Christian Chat........we as daughters Of God the Holy Spirit is moving in us and through us serving our risen Savior. Glory to God..love in Christ Sherril..:) 33750330_1027758447372664_443508510647386112_n.jpg

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 😅 Good afternoon :) Welcome to CC :) gladdddd to meet you ❤

God bless you ❤

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018

Hello, welcome to CC. Glad to have you here :)

Hope to see you around the forums.

Blessings ❤️ 65929863-03E5-4507-BFBF-EE4BC98CE938.jpeg

PamJ

Feb 17, 2016
God does not discriminate as he is no respecter of persons.
We are all one in Christ. No male, no female. If you feel called to start a ministry, or to preach, do so. Women were Apostles in the scriptures. Paul spoke of his female apostles in his letters.
God called a woman to deliver the savior of the world. The first "preacher" of his gift of grace through salvation. A woman grows babies in her body, sustains them from her breasts. Of course we can preach the word when The Word trusts us enough to call us to do so.
Anyone who tells you you're not able to answer that call because you're a female is your first congregant who needs open their heart and mind to the truth. :) Which isn't found in those men who interpret the scriptures so as to try and convince you God see's women as less because he made them female in his own image.

God bless you in your faith walk. Welcome.

Amen, LillyWolf!!!!

Hamilton

Nov 26, 2018

Hi dokimos:
Just curious, did you do a Bible and theological research to come to the conclusion of: "being female and disqualified to run a ministry without a male head"?

In my understanding, females can be praise leaders, administrative leaders, intercessory prayer leaders, prophetic and other gifts of the Spirit related leaders.

Some groups believe that since God established a hierarchy (God, Jesus, man, woman), then women are not to lead the congregation. If the original intent of God creating woman as fit aid still holds (many think it does), then yes, maybe women cannot lead the congregation.

But as a fit aid I see she can perfectly do other tasks as leader.

In general it seems that women are not allowed to set / develop doctrine, but maybe there is nothing wrong with evaluating doctrine, and / or communicating doctrine.

Communicating doctrine includes other women and children teaching ministries of course.

Have you thought or researched on any of the above? If so can you share some of your findings, conclusions, etc.?

For that matter any poster is welcome to join the exploration of the topic.

kind regards.

Dec 9, 2018
Glad you're here Blessed032 !!!

Welcome to CC.

I am part of the Junior Welcoming Committee and the unofficial coffee room security council leader. I cordially extend the right hand of fellowship. :cool:

Hey.. and DITTO, Blessed032! ;) Seriously, though, welcome to CChat! I'm also new-- and a fond picker of the coffee room lock!! :D

Dec 9, 2018
Hello Dokimos, welcome to CChat!! :) I totally understand about bad online communities, I'm a sort of refugee of the same. I do believe that I/we can carry our Light with us whereever we go, but it's also good to have a place where we can share fellowship with people who are at least somewhat like-minded and who are influencing us toward a deeper walk with Christ. (It's also good to not only get to grow with people growing in the same direction, but it's also the best kind of fun! :) ) Anyway, welcome!! :D

D

dokimos

Thank you so much. I think I finally got it.