Hacking Attempt

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gary

Senior Member
Oct 23, 2011
246
14
18
I received this email around 1:30am while I was sleeping. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else.

Dear Gary,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Christian Chat Rooms & Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 79.75.143.6

All the best,
Christian Chat Rooms & Forums​
 
If someone took over my account so I could no longer participate here...

I'd probably thank them.
 
I received this email around 1:30am while I was sleeping. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else.
Dear Gary,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Christian Chat Rooms & Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 79.75.143.6

All the best,
Christian Chat Rooms & Forums​

ISIS.

Pesky little devils they are.
 
I received this email around 1:30am while I was sleeping. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else.
Dear Gary,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Christian Chat Rooms & Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 79.75.143.6

All the best,
Christian Chat Rooms & Forums
​

It is an automated e-mail that gets sent out (as the e-mail says) when someone attempts to access your account with an inaccurate password. I got it once because I didn't notice that my caps lock was on when I tried to log in.

As Prov910 posted; the IP traces to Great Britain, more accurately Nottingham. Maybe it was Robin Hood or one of his merry men.
:p

I did double check and the IP is not associated with any of our users.
 
Why would somebody want to hack a forum account? To pretend to be maxwel? For what benefit?

Oh well. With a "five strikes and you're out" policy we should at least be safe from brute-force hacking attempts. Just be sure your password isn't something very easy to guess, like "password1" or something.
 
It is an automated e-mail that gets sent out (as the e-mail says) when someone attempts to access your account with an inaccurate password. I got it once because I didn't notice that my caps lock was on when I tried to log in.

As Prov910 posted; the IP traces to Great Britain, more accurately Nottingham. Maybe it was Robin Hood or one of his merry men.
:p

I did double check and the IP is not associated with any of our users.
Could have been Maid Marian!
 
It is an automated e-mail that gets sent out (as the e-mail says) when someone attempts to access your account with an inaccurate password. I got it once because I didn't notice that my caps lock was on when I tried to log in.

As Prov910 posted; the IP traces to Great Britain, more accurately Nottingham. Maybe it was Robin Hood or one of his merry men.
:p

I did double check and the IP is not associated with any of our users.


I think the real mystery is all about discovering what the OP done to offend Robin Hood.


No offense, but I normally just take Robin's side as a default position.
 
I suspect it is someone who forgot his user name. It could be that GaryX forgot his user name and tried to log on with Gary.