Halloween............

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ann-childoftheKing
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ann-childoftheKing

Guest
I just wanted to get your take on halloween.....I asked a group about this one time and it became an all out war where people being so angry and mean towards others!

When I was little, we went trick-or-treating. It had nothing to do with satan, or worshiping him! It had everything to do with playing dress up and getting tons of candy. Most people today feel the same way. At least the people where I live do.

I have seen some people tell others that they can't possibly be a christian, if they are partaking in this day.

Just what are your thoughts?
 
I can see why some consider it pretty dark, but that's all I really have and I don't plan to dictate how people spend today with it... It's kind of a pointless holiday to me anyway.
 
I'm about to celebrate by nom nom on halloween candy and watching a few scary movies..lol :) Oops, I gave away my evil plans for the night.. mwahahaha :)


 
Halloween originally was called the day of the dead. Where people honor their dead love ones. As time goes on it became a halloween 2 make money off of like almost every holiday in the USA. lol USA and their need 4 money. Just classic.
 
If Christians want to make war over a topic instead of using kindness and understanding you have to question their agenda.

You can teach others better with God's love than with the devil's hatred.
 
If Christians want to make war over a topic instead of using kindness and understanding you have to question their agenda.

You can teach others better with God's love than with the devil's hatred.

I totally agree........
 
We already have a couple of threads recently started on this topic, so may I suggest you take a look at those to get an idea of other's thoughts?

However, I believe the day is based on something completely pagan, and if it wasn't for those traditions, we wouldn't be celebrating it at all. I don't think Christians have any business participating in the day, and would be best suited to ignore it completely. This would be a far better witness to others than trying to "redeem the day" and compromising the Holy and set-apart life God asks us to live.

But as it has already been said, I'm not going to condemn people for doing it. I just wish they wouldn't.
 
I read some good positive ways of using Halloween to the Glory of God. as many of us do Christmas. @ John piper's Desiring God .com . I had a party last night for my youth and we mocked the Devil, we paraded the street in our quite village ,first as demons and saints; then's the second parade was as all Christian in white robes. It was very effective we gathered 30 children for a party and games and candy. I preach on fleeing the Devil and trusting and obeying God for eternal life. Love Hoffco
 
Today is "All saints day and we will party again with the children and tell them more of being true disciples of Jesus and gaining eternal life when we die. Only good persons go to Heaven. God bless us all. Love Hoffco
 
yeah...i mean, in the Church wasn't it Hallowed (holy) E'en?

the night before All Saints Day?
(i'm srsly asking...)

we can prolly find pagan origins in so many things we do...
but we most likely won't change the names of the days of the week,
or the months of the year.

i went trick or treating as a kid.
didn't take my own kids.
loved seeing the little ones when they came to the door.
wished the teenagers didn't.
:rolleyes:
 
This is almost diabolical.

Geesh, honestly, I'm sick of this judgmental attitude from people on how I celebrate Halloween, or any other holiday for that matter!! Get a grip, let it go and move on!! I ate halloween candy!! *gasp* I also watched horror movies!! *double gasp* :rolleyes:
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
I just wanted to get your take on halloween.....I asked a group about this one time and it became an all out war where people being so angry and mean towards others!

When I was little, we went trick-or-treating. It had nothing to do with satan, or worshiping him! It had everything to do with playing dress up and getting tons of candy. Most people today feel the same way. At least the people where I live do.

I have seen some people tell others that they can't possibly be a christian, if they are partaking in this day.

Just what are your thoughts?

Isaiah 5:20
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
 
Halloween is evil.

don't take part in anything that has to do with it. AT ALL.

Halloween is a sin itself. don't make satan happy. Ignore his idiotic holidays.
 
I'm about to celebrate by nom nom on halloween candy and watching a few scary movies..lol :) Oops, I gave away my evil plans for the night.. mwahahaha :)



I think I may have overdosed on minature candy bars :eek:
 
Most of the churches where I live have parties on halloween for the kids, costumes but not a witch or devil or something else considered satanic. Can't see anything wrong with having an evening of fun with costumes and candy, or even going door to door.
 
There are a lot of pagan traditions Christians participate in. But they only like to pick and choose the ones they think are wrong. So it's hypocrisy to gripe about a holiday and ignore the other areas of your life that have pagan roots.
 
Let's be careful who we label people. Everything belongs to God because He created it in the first place. A pagan can never take away anything from God, but God can take away from anyone he chooses and use it for his purposes.

God has never surrendered anything to any pagan group. Because pagans used candles, churches can never use candles? If pagans created a book first churches can't have a Christian bible? Pagans could have started many things that we don't know about, but God can take anything and use it for His glory.

If pagans created a game with a sheepskin ball and a stick we can't play baseball because it may have had pagan roots? It's hypocrisy to call everyone else a hypocrite.

Let's think things through first before any of us judge each other, amen.