Hard being older

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 11, 2018
I’m finding as I age that it’s harder to meet people and that as my friends marry they get so busy the friendship falls by the wayside. Sometimes I just want to get married so that I have someone to talk to. Not so much the whole being with a man thing. There’s only so much conversation you can have with your cat and tv right? Then I tried online dating and this proved to be the most demonic experience of my life. I had no idea there were that many evil men on the planet (but there are). So yeah. What do y’all think?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Tell me something I don’t know lol
Okay, here's something you might not know.

The full analysis is of course much more complicated, but I can't stay to talk about it right now because I have a date. :cool:

Jun 11, 2018

The full analysis is of course much more complicated, but I can't stay to talk about it right now because I have a date. :cool:
Well you might be on a date, but as we age the pool gets murkier, just sayin lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
That last line was part of the comic. Specifically it was the alt text, the words that pop up when you hover the mouse over the comic.

https://xkcd.com/314/

For the record, xkcd rocks. There's an xkcd for every occasion.

T

toinena

Life is better when you are getting older. Also the prospect of being single. I do feel the same about having just someone to talk to beside my dogs, though. Someone that knows what I am talking about without the 10 mins long introduction.
Well. This is a good day. Ask me tomorrow. Then I would probably say being single is the worst punishment life has given me. Then the day after tomorrow I will just shout at God whining over that he never fixes anything and then I feel guilty and ashamed, pull myself together and then being depressed for a day or two, until I am on the happy side of life again.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Then I tried online dating and this proved to be the most demonic experience of my life. I had no idea there were that many evil men on the planet (but there are). So yeah.
I guess you could say the same thing about women as well.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018

You have a date, you say? 🤔 DE68A5DA-3300-4E25-AF0A-A827F5ABC7B3.jpeg

L

LaVieEnRose

If you don’t care about being with a man, why not get a friend or roommate? I would think marriage without the more intimate side would be extremely unfulfilling. Why date if you don’t need the physical side?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I’m finding as I age that it’s harder to meet people and that as my friends marry they get so busy the friendship falls by the wayside. Sometimes I just want to get married so that I have someone to talk to. Not so much the whole being with a man thing. There’s only so much conversation you can have with your cat and tv right? Then I tried online dating and this proved to be the most demonic experience of my life. I had no idea there were that many evil men on the planet (but there are). So yeah. What do y’all think?
Online dating worked for me but we lived only 120 miles apart so we were able to see each other after a month or so. There is no point in online dating or even dating for that matter if there is not the possibility of marriage, otherwise its a waste of time and leads to heartbreak.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I use to be married. The only thing I miss is coitus. It's one of the few reasons to consider marriage.