Has once saved allways saved got this right

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

can a christian still become possessed by a demon

• yes

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • no

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • unsure

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
E

eternally-gratefull

Then we will always be in disagrement of this i will never change my belief.

Ahh. So after a few posts of BASHING me of not being willing to discuss. You just admit you are unwilling to discuss.

in other words. You wasted a bunch of people's time, Because you are here to tell us what you believe, not discuss with us what the bible actually says (your mind is already made up) .. I see

E

eternally-gratefull

Then we will always be in disagrement of this i will never change my belief. i believe strongly that whether its prayer or whether it laying on of hands from a believer that expells the evil spirit from a person its still the spirit of of God that enters the person to expell the demon.
Thats fine. I disagree. The HS is not going to enter and unsaved person. So for this reason. I can not agree with you. But again, if you can show me where a person was saved without asking for salvation and obeying the gospel. I am willing to open my mind.

I do agree that was different befor the cross but not for today.

For me personaly you may as well chuck away the new testerment bible and just live in the old testerment if you feal its the same for today as it was for the old. thats my view personaly and it may not be yours. so im not discrediting you. but for me the new testerment and every word in it also applies to after the cross also. because as you know once you come to the cross your self you can still go back to your old ways.

An evil spirit will never do what its told from God, so we do need to practice the faith as much as believing in the faith each and evry day.

And for me its for one major reason why we must practice our faith every day is so that we dont get consumed by evil.

If we difile are own body we break a commandment of jesus and we then can be consumed by evil its as simple as that. there is no beating about the bush here, you either choose to believe this or you dont.

Clear instruction to all christians from Jesus is if you do not keep your body a temple the enemy will consume you on any given day. why well because the enemy is always looking to destroy a child of God more so than a person he has allready stolen.

Why well because the darkness has never been able to understand the light
I have agreed from the beginning. Satan and demonic influences is possible for all people. believers or not. And we have to be careful.

what I disagree with is

1. Satan or any demon can enter a Born again, Holy spirit sealed. child of God
2. That the HS will ever leave a child of God allowing a demon to enter. since the bible says they are sealed UNTIL the day of redemption. That seal can not be broken.

I also agree, The nt is for us. we just appear to see it differently in what it says.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
very pleased for you, really i am. every word is true i couldnt agree more.
The holy spirit has saved you and is keeping you.
I also see your belief is strong and your will power is strong.

You can beat temptation and you can stumble from temptation.
there are many different temptations but theres one that leads to destruction of your temple the body that leads to repossession

which is the enemy tempting you to defile your own body with drugs or ciggerettes and other indulgences. because they lead to an unsound mind.

Would you agree to put on the armour of God everyday and be strong in faith you need a sober mind,

1 Peter 5:6-11 6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 10And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Do you see that this scripture is for believers and do you see an evil spirit can consume you if you do not keep your body a temple.
Yes , but he can not make me his child again ...
God can and has been known to take His children home before time , but we are sealed with the Holy Spirit , and belong to God...
Jesus will not blow out a flickering candle , nor will He break a broken reed...
The first two years when I was saved , I fell back into drink binges , I was still Gods child , but an immature Christian...

Sober minded does not only mean being sober from drugs/ alcohol , but to be aware of the devils tactics...

The devil can draw us back with temptations , but he can never enter our body , never ever...
...xox...

S

SophieT

Sober minded does not only mean being sober from drugs/ alcohol , but to be aware of the devils tactics...
if only this was widely understood. excellent point. we are at war and we have an enemy who desires to destroy us

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Ephesians 5:18

15See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Ephesians 5:18

15See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
The bible has a lot to say about drinking , some good , and some bad ...

One can drink and enjoy a few glasses of wine , or a few pints of beer , and be merry , but the sin and danger is to be drunk , as all out sober thinking go out the window , and ungodly behaviour shows its self as we walk in the flesh...

A person who has a few drinks can still be filled with the Holy Spirit , but if one gets drunk , then we quench the Holy Spirit...
...xox...

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
1 Peter 5:8
8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

S

SophieT

but if one gets drunk , then we quench the Holy Spirit...
personally, I think a person is open to demonic influence if they become drunk

I agree it is fine to have some wine or whatever and I surely will not get caught up in a conversation with those who believe it to be forbidden

we've had some doozy debates on that in times past and it's useless to argue scripture says something it does not say

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Galatians 5:21
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Galatians 5:21
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

i bet you think when the Bible says " wine", it really means " grape juice".

that belief would fit well with your other beliefs...

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
John 10:10
10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

1 Peter 5:8
8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Titus 1:7-8
7 Since an overseer manages God’s household, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. 8 Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined.

3 John 1:2

2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.

S

SophieT

i bet you think when the Bible says " wine", it really means " grape juice".

that belief would fit well with your other beliefs...
and that is why I never have discussions about to wine or not to wine anymore

(as I noted above) good thing they had all those fridges in Israel or the grape juice would have fermented and bust a wineskin or something

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
7 Since an overseer manages God’s household, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. 8 Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined.

These are the beliefs of God that the enemy can consume you when your not of sober mind
the enemy can consume you if your not self controled.

Ive seen a lot of people become violent after being drunk. ive seen the enemy get a hold of people when drunk ive seen an evil spirit in people who have become unsober in the mind take over them, ive seen people terrified being on the recieving end of a drunk person. many many times

Ive seen how impossible it is to get through to someone who has become unsober in the mind.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

These are the beliefs of God that the enemy can consume you when your not of sober mind

Ive seen a lot of people become violent after being drunk. ive seen the enemy get a hold of people when drunk ive seen an evil spirit in people who have become unsober in the mind take over them, ive seen people terrified being on the recieving end of a drunk person. many many times

Ive seen how impossible it is to get through to someone who has become unsober in the mind.

wine or grape juice?

which do you think it is when you see " wine" in the N.T.

E

eternally-gratefull

I have seen this too

i blame the alcohol, not some demon

even if a demon temps us, they can’t make us do things we do not want to do.m

E

eternally-gratefull

The bible has a lot to say about drinking , some good , and some bad ...

One can drink and enjoy a few glasses of wine , or a few pints of beer , and be merry , but the sin and danger is to be drunk , as all out sober thinking go out the window , and ungodly behaviour shows its self as we walk in the flesh...

A person who has a few drinks can still be filled with the Holy Spirit , but if one gets drunk , then we quench the Holy Spirit...
...xox...
Yep, but the hs does not leave us so a demon can possess us

god does. not work that way

E

eternally-gratefull

personally, I think a person is open to demonic influence if they become drunk

I agree it is fine to have some wine or whatever and I surely will not get caught up in a conversation with those who believe it to be forbidden

we've had some doozy debates on that in times past and it's useless to argue scripture says something it does not say
Amen, I do also. Although I would not blame it on a demon, we have no one to blame but ourselves

in my view anyway :)

E

eternally-gratefull

Once again, consume is NOT the same as possession

they can not force you to do anything against your will. A possessed person can be forced beyond their will. Huge difference

S

SophieT

Amen, I do also. Although I would not blame it on a demon, we have no one to blame but ourselves

in my view anyway :)
not blaming demons. what I am saying, is that if you are not sober, that is drunk, you have left yourself open

people do things they would not normally do when sober

again, I am contrasting drunkeness here and nothing else