Has one of my friend's been banned in some way?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2015
I have a good friend on here who's profile has changed dramatically, but it does not say that they are banned.

I am not able to send them a private message, their profile picture is gone, their signature no longer shows in the "about me" section, but the basic info such as age, location, etc still shows. It also no longer shows the last time they were active.

Now I'm pretty sure that you can change your settings to make your profile look like this, but, it doesn't seem like something they would do.

Is this a result of some level of banning? I've read that there are different levels. And when I tried to message them it came back with "They are not allowed to or have chosen not to receive private messages." But like I said, it doesn't seem like them to chose to do that.

It's really just bugging me because CC is the only way we communicate and now I can't message them.. :(

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There is a member here who was not banned, and his account info is still visible, with no avatar, though his rep went down to zero. I am not sure if this is the result of inactivity or if some other element is in play. In terms of your friend, it could be they have left the site and everyone on it behind. We may never know :(

Dec 12, 2015
There is a member here who was not banned, and his account info is still visible, with no avatar, though his rep went down to zero. I am not sure if this is the result of inactivity or if some other element is in play. In terms of your friend, it could be they have left the site and everyone on it behind. We may never know :(
I am afraid that could be the case that maybe he just left. I'm hoping that that isn't the case and that he just changed his profile to look all bare bones like that and he'll be back. But that's all I can do is wait and see I guess.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
My guess is that he bounced.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I hate when that happens too. Some of the people I really liked up and left without explanation and no way to contact them.

U

Ugly

Most likely has left CC. He may have had his account deactivated rather than deleted, so he has the option to return.

Apr 1, 2014
if you go to your friends list , you can see who was banned or not.

S

Stewart

I hate when that happens too. Some of the people I really liked up and left without explanation and no way to contact them.

Yes I agree.It has happened to me already with someone I really like chatting with ect then without warning they just left, and they made me feel like they valued me as a friend here in C.C.Yet didn't have the courtesy to at Least let me know

Feb 7, 2015
Do you guys deliberately go out of your way to create drama?

Simply start a thread that says... "Looking for So and So."

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

We don't have any users by that name so it would be pointless to look for them. :p

Dec 12, 2015

Im sorry. That wasn't my intention. I'll be more careful about what I post.

Dec 12, 2015
I appreciate everyone's help! I figured that it meant that they had either left or been banned but I didn't know which one. Now I know for future reference.