Has the law been put aside? If so, when?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
so, I am supposed to believe what Hebrew roots / s.d,.a. propaganda website over the Bible??

this site says there is no specific command in the N.T. to keep it, then proceeds to push propaganda that says Christ followers to keep it.

just lies piled on top of lies. to all reading, reject it. the only to be saved is faith and trust in Christ. keeping the Sabbath will not save you.
It's a lie to claim I ever said keeping the Sabbath will save anyone.
Woe to anyone who thinks invoking "Hebrew Roots" is a means to renounce our HEBREW SAVIOR.
Let me be very clear, you make it a point to prove you will not believe Jesus own words concerning the Sabbath. How would you ever dare to be educated when you even call Christ in error.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
It's a lie to claim I ever said keeping the Sabbath will save anyone.
Woe to anyone who thinks invoking "Hebrew Roots" is a means to renounce our HEBREW SAVIOR.
Let me be very clear, you make it a point to prove you will not believe Jesus own words concerning the Sabbath. How would you ever dare to be educated when you even call Christ in error.
you , like studyman and the other judeaizers are not here to educate, you are here to propagate.

you and the others are trying to undermine people placing there faith and trust in Christ for salvation by offering a counterfit way.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
You even love to hold people up for ridicule if they take God seriously as a God to follow. Believing what God says about a Sabbath or listening to God as God explains tassels is a case in point. I would not be surprised if you don't believe that Christ is our God to follow and Christ took the place of His Father, making the Father an inferior God.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
you , like studyman and the other judeaizers are not here to educate, you are here to propagate.

you and the others are trying to undermine people placing there faith and trust in Christ for salvation by offering a counterfit way.
As my Savior promised, ye shall be called least in the kingdom of Heaven!

Matthew 5
17. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.19 So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.… "

Luke 6:46“Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not practice what I tell you?

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Leviticus 26 v.45- " ".... but for there sakes I will remember the Covenant I made with there fathers whom I brought out of Egypt ,,,,,

so, what Covenant was God the Father speaking of? the Mosaic Covenant.

what composed the majority of that Covenant? the Laws given on Sinai.

so, unless you can trace your ancestry back to the people who crossed the red sea, then you were never under that Covenant .
What a pity.

Luke 6:46“Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not practice what I tell you?

Matthew 5
17. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell youtruly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.19 So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.… "

Even going so far as to claim Paul false, and as you've repeatedly stated, Jesus too. Please! Call me anything you wish! My Lord assures me, I shall not be least in the kingdom.

Romans 3 (ASV)(public domain)
3 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what is the profit of circumcision? 2 Much every way: first of all, that they were intrusted with the oracles of God. 3 For what if some were without faith? shall their want of faith make of none effect the faithfulness of God? 4 [a]God forbid: yea, let God be found true, but every man a liar; as it is written,

[b]That thou mightest be justified in thy words,
And mightest prevail when thou comest into judgment.
5 But if our unrighteousness commendeth the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who visiteth with wrath? (I speak after the manner of men.) 6 [c]God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world? 7 [d]But if the truth of God through my lie abounded unto his glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner? 8 and why not (as we are slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say), Let us do evil, that good may come? whose condemnation is just.

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we before laid to the charge both of Jews and Greeks, that they are all under sin; 10 as it is written,

[e]There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none that understandeth,
There is none that seeketh after God;
12 They have all turned aside, they are together become unprofitable;
There is none that doeth good, no, not so much as one:
13 [f]Their throat is an open sepulchre;
With their tongues they have used deceit:
[g]The poison of asps is under their lips:
14 [h]Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 [i]Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 [j]There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it speaketh to them that are under the law; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God: 20 because [k]by [l]the works of the law shall no flesh be [m]justified in his sight; for [n]through the law cometh the knowledge of sin.

21 But now apart from the law a righteousness of God hath been manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 even the righteousness of God through faith [o]in Jesus Christ unto all [p]them that believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all [q]have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; 24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 whom God set forth [r]to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God; 26 for the showing, I say, of his righteousness at this present season: that he might himself be [s]just, and the [t]justifier of him that [u]hath faith [v]in Jesus. 27 Where then is the glorying? It is excluded. By what manner of law? of works? Nay: but by a law of faith. 28 [w]We reckon therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from [x]the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yea, of Gentiles also: 30 if so be that God is one, and he shall justify the circumcision [y]by faith, and the uncircumcision [z]through faith.

31 Do we then make [aa]the law of none effect [ab]through faith? God forbid: nay, we establish [ac]the law.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
What a pity.

Matthew 5
17. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell youtruly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.19 So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.… "

Even going so far as to claim Paul false, and as you've repeatedly stated, Jesus too. Please! Call me anything you wish! My Lord assures me, I shall not be least in the kingdom.

Romans 3 (ASV)(public domain)
3 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what is the profit of circumcision? 2 Much every way: first of all, that they were intrusted with the oracles of God. 3 For what if some were without faith? shall their want of faith make of none effect the faithfulness of God? 4 [a]God forbid: yea, let God be found true, but every man a liar; as it is written,

[b]That thou mightest be justified in thy words,
And mightest prevail when thou comest into judgment.
5 But if our unrighteousness commendeth the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who visiteth with wrath? (I speak after the manner of men.) 6 [c]God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world? 7 [d]But if the truth of God through my lie abounded unto his glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner? 8 and why not (as we are slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say), Let us do evil, that good may come? whose condemnation is just.

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we before laid to the charge both of Jews and Greeks, that they are all under sin; 10 as it is written,

[e]There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none that understandeth,
There is none that seeketh after God;
12 They have all turned aside, they are together become unprofitable;
There is none that doeth good, no, not so much as one:
13 [f]Their throat is an open sepulchre;
With their tongues they have used deceit:
[g]The poison of asps is under their lips:
14 [h]Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 [i]Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 [j]There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it speaketh to them that are under the law; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God: 20 because [k]by [l]the works of the law shall no flesh be [m]justified in his sight; for [n]through the law cometh the knowledge of sin.

21 But now apart from the law a righteousness of God hath been manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 even the righteousness of God through faith [o]in Jesus Christ unto all [p]them that believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all [q]have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; 24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 whom God set forth [r]to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God; 26 for the showing, I say, of his righteousness at this present season: that he might himself be [s]just, and the [t]justifier of him that [u]hath faith [v]in Jesus. 27 Where then is the glorying? It is excluded. By what manner of law? of works? Nay: but by a law of faith. 28 [w]We reckon therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from [x]the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yea, of Gentiles also: 30 if so be that God is one, and he shall justify the circumcision [y]by faith, and the uncircumcision [z]through faith.

31 Do we then make [aa]the law of none effect [ab]through faith? God forbid: nay, we establish [ac]the law.
out of context Scripture is just noise.

you did not address the very specific words the Father said in Leviticus 26 about who the Mosaic Covenant was for

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
oh, and in Matthew 5, Jesus said He came to fulfill the Law.

and , on the Cross, He said " it is finished ".

Oct 25, 2018
How do you reconcile what you have just said with scripture??

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

The Lord didn't say He came to fulfill some of the law. He said He came to fulfill ALL of it. And not one jot or tittle would pass from that Law until ALL is fulfilled.

I sometimes wonder if people know they are contradicting Christ...
What I mean is that He fulfilled the Law for us. When we’re saved, all that He did, and is, is imputed unto us.

Oct 25, 2018
Lets just put all the other stuff aside for now, where is this teaching you loathe, can you name the author, church etc.,?
It’s on here. Sketch is a proponent of antinomianism. The churches I went to who advocate it, I will not air it on a public forum.

U

UnderGrace

It’s on here. Sketch is a proponent of antinomianism. The churches I went to who advocate it, I will not air it on a public forum.
In my experience the charges of antinomianism is usually made by a certain sect that does not understand grace.

It is your walk with the Lord, however, I would be careful stating that someone preaches lawlessness or license to sin who may in fact not be.

Paul had some strong words of condemnation for those people.

Oct 25, 2018
In my experience the charges of antinomianism is usually made by a certain sect that does not understand grace.

It is your walk with the Lord, however, I would be careful stating that someone preaches lawlessness or license to sin who may in fact not be.

They don’t preach lawlessness, but that they are no longer under the law but grace. We are under grace, but the law is still there, as none are allowed to commit adultery, idolatry, cheat, steal, kill, etc.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
They don’t preach lawlessness, but that they are no longer under the law but grace. We are under grace, but the law is still there, as none are allowed to commit adultery, idolatry, cheat, steal, kill, etc.
I say this again- we are to fulfill the righteous intent of the Law. not keep the letter of the Law

the letter kills, the Spirt gives life. Paul said this.

what Sprit? the Holy Spirt.

if one truly believes in Christ for salvation, the Holy Sprit lives in them. they will manifest the Fruits of the Sprit.

against these are no laws.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
The Law is for the lawless, under which no man can be justified.
Live by the Law, die by the Law. No grace for YOU!!

U

UnderGrace

Here be set free and live under grace, His grace is His divine influence in us. Grace does what the law could never do!!

11For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men. 12It instructs us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live sensible, upright, and godly lives in the present age,
Titus 2:12

Amen, Thank you Jesus!!

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
"Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the Lord. "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the Lord, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the Lord, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." (Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB)

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Bible says the Law is our tutor to bring us to Christ, with the knowledge in our heart that we are the hopeless sinner Christ died for because we cannot pay our own sin debt. Those 613 Laws can NEVER be kept by ANYONE, not even TEN of them. If you have not faced the hopelessness of your HUGE sin debt that you alone have racked up then you cannot possibly understand what it means to be made FREE INDEED by the blood of the ONE who bought with His blood His people out of the bondage of that debt.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018

Are they in any regard as prevalent here as that sect that accuses Christians of being Judaizers? Those who are ignorant and ignorant of that scripture that tells the Christian, those who are in Christ are descendants of Abraham and are heirs to the promise.

I would wonder if you warn people who contend against Jesus teachings and interject their own as strongly as you defend someone like Sketch. For instance, that which would claim neither Paul nor Jesus are correct in matters pertaining to the law as they wrote of it.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
I have never met a CHRISTIAN yet who does not embrace doing good and eschewiing evil, even the appearance of it. But as scripture says, what do you have that God did not give you.......and why should you be rewarded for doing what you OUGHT to do??

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Bible says the Law is our tutor to bring us to Christ, with the knowledge in our heart that we are the hopeless sinner Christ died for because we cannot pay our own sin debt. Those 613 Laws can NEVER be kept by ANYONE, not even TEN of them. If you have not faced the hopelessness of your HUGE sin debt that you alone have racked up then you cannot possibly understand what it means to be made FREE INDEED by the blood of the ONE who bought with His blood His people out of the bondage of that debt.
Really? The 613 laws were divided into three parts. The sacrificial laws do not apply because the perfect lamb sacrifice for all sins of the world has shed his blood.
And you are wrong, or a warning, if you think we cannot keep the ten commands.
Are you a liar?
Are you a thief?
Do you have idols in your home? And worship them?
Are you a murderer?
Are you a Polytheist?
Do you renounce the Sabbath day God made for you so as not to keep it holy?
Do you dishonor your mother and father?
Do you take the Lord's name in vein?
Do you covet?"I love my neighbors new Veyron. I want it!"
Get where I'm going with that?

Not all has been fulfilled! Heaven and Earth have not passed away.

Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

"Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the Lord. "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the Lord, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the Lord, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." (Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB)

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I have never met a CHRISTIAN yet who does not embrace doing good and eschewiing evil, even the appearance of it. But as scripture says, what do you have that God did not give you.......and why should you be rewarded for doing what you OUGHT to do??
Are you punished for not doing what you ought to do?