Oh I have lots but over the years I have come to be compassionate about being human and see they add some richness to being what I am...
Amen, and, more generally, Lord help me to see all fellow members of the human race as precious and beautiful in your eyes, made in your image, and full of unlimited spiritual potential.
People ask if Jesus lusted after women. The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it sounds. He may have been tempted in all points, but He was also without sin. He practiced what He preached. He created, loved, and He died on the cruel cross for those 'blobs of meat'.
Oh I have lots but over the years I have come to be compassionate about being human and see they add some richness to being what I am...![]()
I have a pet cat that sins..lol..Some of my pet sins would be impatience, gluttony and mean thoughts..
I was in another thread where there was a situation where the poster was confused and the best as I could tell there was a Pet Sin involved.
A Pet Sin would be that sin in your life that you ask God over and over to forgive but for some reason you keep committing this same sin over and over again. Making you feel guilty and confessing it again just to repeat the same sin. Why would this be? Are we being honest with ourselves? Do we really want to give it up and STOP? This is what I would term as a Pet Sin.
This thread is to confess your Pet Sin and get encouragement, prayer and advise in how to over come this Pet Sin. I don't care how pretty we wrap this sin up and put a bow on top, we as Christians need to be able to identify the sin in our lives to confess it and turn away from it as sin and God do not exist in the same place. We need to learn to call sin a sin and turn it over to God and submit ourselves to Him and allow God's Holy Spirit to come into our hearts and remove these Pet Sins from our lives.
Who will be brave and join me as we work with God to overcome our Pet Sins? I invite you to be brave and join me. Any takers?
I wouldn't downplay someone's confession of repetitive sinning with a pet name, as though it is less than death manifesting itself in that person's life repetitively. That is extremely serious to know, and such a confession comes from a soul pleading for deliverance. Such a person needs to know basic scriptures is my recommendation, so that the Holy Spirit can convince them to turn from death unto life by being led in the Righteousness of the Spirit of Christ in them. They can only receive the Holy Spirit of Christ by being Holy Themselves, washed from sin. They need to receive Christ. They haven't been properly evangelized. May God save them, and that will be through your diligent serious application of scriptures to their lives. Blessings in this, it is what I do
(Rom 8:3)
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, having sent his own Son, in likeness of flesh of sin, and for sin, has condemned sin in the flesh,
(Rom 8:4)
in order that the righteous requirement of the law should be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to flesh but according to Spirit.
(Rom 8:5)
For they that are according to flesh mind the things of the flesh; and they that are according to Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
(Rom 8:6)
For the mind of the flesh is death; but the mind of the Spirit life and peace.
(Rom 8:7)
Because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God; for neither indeed can it be:
(Rom 8:8)
and they that are in flesh cannot please God.
(Rom 8:9)
But *ye* are not in flesh but in Spirit, if indeed God's Spirit dwell in you; but if any one has not the Spirit of Christ *he* is not of him:
(Rom 8:10)
but if Christ be in you, the body is dead on account of sin, but the Spirit life on account of righteousness.
(2Th 2:8)
and then the lawless one shall be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus shall consume with the breath of his mouth, and shall annul by the appearing of his coming;
(1Co 10:13)
No temptation has taken you but such as is according to man's nature; and God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above what ye are able to bear , but will with the temptation make the issue also, so that ye should be able to bear it .
(Heb 10:29)
of how much worse punishment, think ye, shall he be judged worthy who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and esteemed the blood of the covenant, whereby he has been sanctified, common, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?
(1Jn 3:9)
Whoever has been begotten of God does not practise sin, because his seed abides in him, and he cannot sin, because he has been begotten of God.
Ah, ye olde pet sin:
Come here little Sinny,
Sinny, Sinny, come here little Sinny.
Good Sinny, what a good little Sinny you are.
Pretty obvious, Bride, you read the title and nothing else.
Lust is definitely the sin I struggle with most. It gives birth to a lot of frustration and anger.
I am also addicted to marijuana.
I dislike being a slave to both of these things.
I think I fall short everyday in some way, but I sure don't name them "pets". A pet is something you pamper. Not something for which you pray for help.
Ah, ye olde pet sin:
Come here little Sinny,
Sinny, Sinny, come here little Sinny.
Good Sinny, what a good little Sinny you are.
I do have a pet sin, it is smoking. I hang on to it, do need prayer. I confess it now.