After I had gotten saved; I messed up one night and fooled around with my then boyfriend. I felt so guilty and ashamed and prayed for God to forgive me. I felt like he had, but then I let it happen again. So once again I prayed for forgiveness. I ended up breaking up with him. I got back into another relationship months after that one, and once again I let it happen with my boyfriend at that time. I felt dirty and guilty again and prayed for forgiveness again. I broke up with that one also. I ended up getting baptized again a month later but because I felt I didn't understand what it truly meant the first time nor did I completely understand the Trinity. Its been almost a year now, and I havent committed that immoral sin again, and I have no want to until marriage. But did I backslide on the Lord? Am I still saved since I repented and have meant it? I do not believe in once saved always saved. I do know you can lose your salvation. Do I need to be baptized again since my second baptism was because I now had then understand what it meant?
You cannot lose your salvation! It is a FREE gift. You cannot work for what Christ did for you in fact God is insulted that you would try. Works are a result of a changed heart done by the Holy Spirit. God is the author and the finisher of your faith. You are called to walk in faith and do as Christ has instructed you. Walk in obedience meaning you dont go out and do things he has said are rebellion against him. You read your bible to renew your mind so that you grow in Christ and learn to walk in the spirit and not after the flesh. Faith come by hearing and hearing by the word of God .Romans 10:17
You dont NEED to get baptized because it doesnt save you. But if want to it wont hurt anything!
"
- Jesus said in John 8:29, "And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him."
- John 6:39, "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day."
In
John 8:29, we can clearly see that Jesus always does the will of the Father. So if Jesus always does the will of the Father and the will of the Father is that Jesus lose none and also raise all those to glory who had been given to Him by the Father (
John 6:39), then salvation cannot be lost. Otherwise, Jesus sinned by failing to do the will of the Father. Remember, it is the will of the Father that
Jesus lose none, not that
Christians don't lose their own salvation of their "own free will." Again, if someone loses his salvation, then
Jesus failed to do the will of the Father because it would mean He
has lost some and that He will also fail to raise up to glory those who have been given to Him by the Father. This just cannot be.
But some say that the will of the Father is that people not sin but they do, so the will of the Father is not always done. In this respect, that is true. However, the verses deal with the will of the Father for Jesus--not for us.
In addition to the two verses above, which are extremely powerful, consider the following:
- John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
- John 10: 7-28, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand."
- 1 John 2:19, "They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us."
[h=2]Is this a license to sin?[/h]A common accusation made against the position that we are eternally secure in Christ is that it becomes a license to sin. The problem with this accusation is that it ignores God's active regeneration in us. In other words, critics of our security in Christ routinely ignore the fact that God changes the sinner. He makes us born again, and we are made new creatures (
2 Corinthians 5:17). As new creatures, we have God living in us (
John 14:23), and, therefore, we cannot abide in sin: "No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God," (
1 John 3:9).
So, the teaching that we cannot lose our salvation is not a license to sin.
[h=2]The danger of keeping salvation by doing works[/h]Whether or not you can lose your salvation is important because if someone believes he can lose his salvation, then he might fall into the error of trying to keep his salvation by what he does or does not do. This is a serious heresy (
Gal. 3:1-3). In other words, if a person can lose his salvation, then what list of things must he do and not do in order to keep it? If there is such a list, then the person is guilty of achieving salvation by keeping the law. But this contradicts
Romans 3:28 and
Romans 4:1-5.
The proper understanding of salvation is that works play no part in it (
Rom. 4:5) and it is a free gift (
Rom. 6:23) and that it is received by faith (
Eph. 2:8-9). Once we are saved, we are to live a holy life (
1 Thess. 4:7).
Fortunately, believing you can or cannot lose your salvation does not affect your salvation. That is, your salvation is dependent upon accepting
Jesus as Savior, trusting in His sin sacrifice, and looking to no one and nothing else. Fortunately, your salvation isn't dependent upon whether or not you think it is possible to lose your salvation.
[h=2]Study[/h]The important point is that you have studied the Word of God and are convinced in your own mind of what you believe (
Rom. 14:5). You are the one who has to answer to God (
Rom. 3:19). You are the one who needs to study to show yourself approved (
2 Tim. 2:15).
There are, on the surface, verses used for both sides of the argument. There are verses that seem to suggest that it is possible to lose your salvation:
2 Pet. 2:1,
Gal. 5:4,
Heb. 10:26,
6:4-6,
Ps. 69:28. There are also verses that seem to say that you cannot lose your salvation:
John 10:27-28,
Heb. 13:5,
Matt. 7:21-23,
1 John 2:19,
Rom. 8:38-39. But if there are verses used to support both sides, then is there a contradiction in the Word of God? Of course not. There can be no contradiction in the inspired Word of God--only in our uninspired misunderstanding."
Carm.org
Finally, you can live your life as a christian who has no joy or peace due to your own actions but God calls you to him. You answered because God prepared your heart. God is not going to throw the baby away because the baby hasnt learned to eat meat yet. Just keep walking after Christ and reading your Bible. You will be just fine.
Blessings