Have you ever been rejected?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stranger36147

Have you ever asked someone out only for them to say no?

If so, why do you think they said no? Did they say why? And how did you feel afterwards?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

If so, why do you think they said no? Did they say why? And how did you feel afterwards?
Yep, more than once. No big deal, I just tell myself she's not the only fish in the sea. Afterwards? I feel good about myself for avoiding a potential disaster.

S

Susanna

The only time in life girls have power is when we are young and we're rejecting left and right.

T

toinena

Rejected? Yeah. Not that I really have asked anyone out. But that I have showed interest and then been rejected, yes,

How did it feel? It is what I expect when interacting with a guy, to expect anything else would be strange and unreal. It hurts everytime, though.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

Sure I have. It's likely because I'm not pretty. Women will never tell the truth as to why. I feel good about asking.

S

Stranger36147

Sure I have. It's likely because I'm not pretty. Women will never tell the truth as to why. I feel good about asking.
I'm not an attractive guy either. The only reason I've never been rejected is because I've never asked anyone out. I can just imagine all these attractive women laughing in my face when I ask them out.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'm not an attractive guy either. The only reason I've never been rejected is because I've never asked anyone out. I can just imagine all these attractive women laughing in my face when I ask them out.
Next time you see a woman that interests you and she is available gather up your courage to ask her out. You have no chance of a romantic relationship if your fear of rejection is a cause for you not getting into the game. You just might be pleasantly surprised at her answer that may dramatically change your life in a most positive way You think of yourself as not attractive but that may not be how she looks at you.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Oh no! Don't fall into this trap of thinking.
Yes some women I'm sure have rejected me because I don't fit with their ideal of physical appearance, but you should always ask them out anyways. I have gotten dates with real stunners in my day. I know it's because I actually showed up and asked. No woman who has rejected me, has ever laughed in my face, I doubt that has happened to anyone. I have been thanked for asking.

Dec 28, 2016
I got rejected by Salma Hayek once, but only because my last name is Nella. :D

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Stranger, once you get past that first one, it's all smooth sailing.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
i don't speak for all the women in the world, but let a girl get to know you.

people become attractive because of their character. they also, be they ever so GQ, become unattractive on the same basis.

true story.

Dec 28, 2016
One time I tried to fix this girl up with a guy from church.

Soooo....she asks me what color his eyes are. Uh? :rolleyes:

Now how in the world am I supposed to know what color a guys eyes are??????

J

joefizz

Well that's a very "bad mindset" feeling rejected before you even try to ask women out,granted you can think more on who you prefer instead of asking women willy nilly trying to find who might like you,either way things may or may not work out how you want but "putting yourself down" gets you to feel hopeless or unwanted,and of course remember God is there for you,if you do come by bad time he'll pull you through and won't forsake you,it is tough wondering if your loved but remember too that you already have "courage" because you are talking to "All of us" it may "seem easy" but just like asking for a date you must "watch what you say" so in a way you are "getting practice" "speaking up" I mean in all technicality you are essentially posting to "thousands if not millions of people" including women who may see your posts whether members or not,now that takes some "courage",just start with perhaps a "hello" and go from there.

J

joefizz

Stranger, once you get past that first one, it's all smooth sailing.
In a way yes because after you realize you aren't dead from trying,you start to "open up more" .

Z

Zi

Hey could be worse....

I get rejected once people find out about my past. I don't have to tell them. I have an evil sister who hates me, she gets excited to be able to tell them.. one of the reasons this site is my only social media. Unless I move away, this site will remain my only social circle

S

Stranger36147

One time I tried to fix this girl up with a guy from church.

Soooo....she asks me what color his eyes are. Uh? :rolleyes:

Now how in the world am I supposed to know what color a guys eyes are??????
When she asked what color his eyes were, you should have said something like "You swing that way, but I don't."

I kid, I kid.

J

joefizz

Hey could be worse....

I get rejected once people find out about my past. I don't have to tell them. I have an evil sister who hates me, she gets excited to be able to tell them.. one of the reasons this site is my only social media. Unless I move away, this site will remain my only social circle
I can relate,I have a cousin that has had no problem butting into other people's relationships and lives,sad really.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Hey could be worse....

Some guy like to let the past stay where it belongs.

J

joefizz

When she asked what color his eyes were, you should have said something like "You swing that way, but I don't."

I kid, I kid.
Since you opened the can of worms further allow me to be "say worse"(it's a gift) preacher concerning that guys eyes you should have said "he had eyes"?