Have you heard the gosel lately.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Yeah but maybe she’s never heard it and just read Joseph prince me Paul Ellis who taught her this stuff ?

who are we but believers who believe and share the gospel on hope that someone might hear and turn to Jesus and learn the truth from him ?
To be honest I don't think we will ever truly know the gospel on thise side of heaven. The gospel is more than salvation it is a love story deeply woven by God in which it's beauty and mystery cannot be fathomed.
We are given in my opinion a portion of the deeper things the gospel if we were to know it in full I think would crate an instant kneeling tear eyes and absolute worship of God for his craft and wonder.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
“And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves;

if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:24-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:2-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the truth

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:18-19, 21, 43‬ ‭

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.”
‭‭John‬ ‭10:11, 14-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Yes this is all true but some will not hear of it and will not endure sound doctrine they will close their ears to the truth of God and will not bend unless it is by their own ideals. some people either simply are not ready to hear the true gospel or have no intention of doing so. we are taught that even Jesus walked away from those who would accept his words he could do little miracles in certain places because of the great lack of faith. It is good to want to reach others but it requires wisdom to know when to shake the dust off your feet and walk away.
You are free to try to reach him if you wish but he cannot be reached he has the heart of a teacher not a student he is right and wise in his own eyes he has closed his ears to any truth other than his own.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
To be honest I don't think we will ever truly know the gospel on thise side of heaven. The gospel is more than salvation it is a love story deeply woven by God in which it's beauty and mystery cannot be fathomed.
We are given in my opinion a portion of the deeper things the gospel if we were to know it in full I think would crate an instant kneeling tear eyes and absolute worship of God for his craft and wonder.
Yeah we should be always learning I think it’s about pressing forward knowing him better as we go on in life it’s really a relationship with him through belief of the gospel . It’s not after we understand everything but it’s when we believe what we do understand and apply it to life.

We need to progress into his teachings and apply then as best we can that leads to a better relationship he loves us and wants us to be following him in life more and more as we learn more sort of like children born and then learn as they grow knowledge brings accountability

But that’s life you know we start out not knowing and learn and when we get old we seem a lot wiser than when we were youngins’ I believe Christianity is a lifetime commitment to seek God through Christ and the gospel is what puts all we can know of him in our minds and hearts

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:18-19, 21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬
That is not our gospel you are looking at.

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

The gospel of the kingdom is not for us.
Paul was given the gospel of Jesus Christ to give to us.
Christ died for OUR sins; 1 Corinthians 15: 3,4.

Israel was to believe in their gospel at that time.
The audience Jesus is speaking to are the aostles. They were to go preach the kingdom gospel.

These verses below explain it much better than I can.

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

By Paul's gospel. It was not revealed to them. The kingdom gospel Saints. It was kept hid.

Col_1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
That is not our gospel you are looking at.

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

The gospel of the kingdom is not for us.
Paul was given the gospel of Jesus Christ to give to us.
Christ died for OUR sins; 1 Corinthians 15: 3,4.

Israel was to believe in their gospel at that time.
The audience Jesus is speaking to are the aostles. They were to go preach the kingdom gospel.

These verses below explain it much better than I can.

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

By Paul's gospel. It was not revealed to them. The kingdom gospel Saints. It was kept hid.

Col_1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
yes thats why people should discuss the actual gospel in your threads so they don’t believe Such things

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
The KJV does not do this verse justice- there is one Gospel. Literally any other translation gives better understanding to this verse, but even the KJV is not saying that there are two gospels.

How could you possibly come to the conclusion that you came to by reading this? Paul was not in a "new age apart from the other apostles" preaching a "new gospel". They all lived during the same time at the beginning of the Church age and preached the same Gospel. It was the fullness of the one gospel that was "kept hid" from OT SAINTS.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The KJV does not do this verse justice- there is one Gospel. Literally any other translation gives better understanding to this verse, but even the KJV is not saying that there are two gospels.

How could you possibly come to the conclusion that you came to by reading this? Paul was not in a "new age apart from the other apostles" preaching a "new gospel". They all lived during the same time at the beginning of the Church age and preached the same Gospel. It was the fullness of the one gospel that was "kept hid" from OT SAINTS.
I hope you can be successful

“But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:3-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesusfollower

Oct 21, 2021
jamaica
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2Co_5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2Co_5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

You must believe (obey the gospel) Otherwise you are lost and will come befor the judgement seat of Christ still in your sin.

Hello Hann

which Gospel are you referring to? The gospel of Jesus son of GOD or the gospel of paul? They have similarities but are different.

JF

Bless

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
Hello Hann

which Gospel are you referring to? The gospel of Jesus son of GOD or the gospel of paul? They have similarities but are different.

JF

Bless
The gospel Christ gave to Paul. 1 Corinthians 15: 3,4.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Hello Hann

JF

Bless
yes “ Paul’s gospel “ requires one to do this

“And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:15-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
“And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Side note, as I study the scriptures, sometimes I think "man, if these guys didn't use all these long run-on sentances, they would be so much easier to understand"... but, if you read George Washington from less than 3 centuries ago, you realize that people are just more dumb now, or have shorter attention spans. People want a soundbyte "Gosel" that is a few verses long, that a man can say in less than one breath to save them.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Side note, as I study the scriptures, sometimes I think "man, if these guys didn't use all these long run-on sentances, they would be so much easier to understand"... but, if you read George Washington from less than 3 centuries ago, you realize that people are just more dumb now, or have shorter attention spans. People want a soundbyte "Gosel" that is a few verses long, that a man can say in less than one breath to save them.
Amen God said a lot of good things for us to learn and keep
Us growing forward and upward in life

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
I think that it may be a small goose.
The gospel is Christ died for our sins...
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Paul was given this gospel from Christ Jesus.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

So you have it according to the scriptures, and the scriptures is from God.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Now you have heard the gospel when you read it. Its up to you what to do with it.

Jesusfollower

Oct 21, 2021
jamaica
The gospel Christ gave to Paul. 1 Corinthians 15: 3,4.
Hello Hann, do you know the differences between the words of Jesus Christ and of paul? Could you find out? paul is in direct contradiction with Christ on something important did you not know?

JF

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
So what is the gospel? Anytime Christ speaks of it, Christ speaks of repentance. Is that how we speak of the gospel?
We must first repent (change our mind) before we can believe the gospel. (Mark 1:15; Acts 3:19; 11:17,18)

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
Hello Hann, do you know the differences between the words of Jesus Christ and of paul? Could you find out? paul is in direct contradiction with Christ on something important did you not know?

JF
The words of Jesus Christ is not for us.

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
Christ came for Israel. They refused to believe he was the Messiah. So because of their unbelief, salvation has come to Gentiles.

Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

God has made Paul and apostle.
Col 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

Rom 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

You need to believe the gospel given to Paul.