Hayfever remedies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Are there any natural remedies for hayfever?

I am going to try putting a coating of beeswax in and around my nostrils although some sites say use Vaseline(I dont have any)

Before I used to have this 'natural' remedy called Aller Stop which contained quails eggs. But I've run out. It came in chewable pill format and seemed to work.

I dont use nasal sprays (they contain steroids) anymore or other pills that make you drowsy.

Otherwise the only piece of advise given is 'stay inside' which is pretty useless for the times you have to go outside!

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I'm not sure how well it works since I don't deal with pollen allergies, however I've heard that regularly consuming locally produced honey helps to inoculate against pollen allergies since it is made from local pollen that you would be allergic to.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec...

None makes you sleepy...
Allegra has more side effects than any of the others including sinus infections...but it works too.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I'm not sure how well it works since I don't deal with pollen allergies, however I've heard that regularly consuming locally produced honey helps to inoculate against pollen allergies since it is made from local pollen that you would be allergic to.
no am not allergic to pollen that bees would gather, its grass...and privet, which is airborne and wind pollinated, not by bees!

Hayfever---Grass

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018

None makes you sleepy...
Allegra has more side effects than any of the others including sinus infections...but it works too.
yea but are they natural.

I kinda like a home remedy that you dont have to buy....

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
Bless you,Lanolin. I too suffer seasonal allergies only problem is mine is twice a year and last all year round..
I got fed up with taking pills and nasal sprays plus eye drops so I've decided to just suffer through ( not so fun)
I do stay indoors always have since I was a preteen BC I love to read. Maybe had I been out more I'd have adapted.

Share your remedy if you find one.
Thanks

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
yea but are they natural.

I kinda like a home remedy that you dont have to buy....
Well everything is sold...
There's nothing free in this world.

Your "Aller Stop" had to be purchased...

Somebody had to get paid to crack them quail eggs.

A workman is worth his wages. So pay the man.

It's a simple question really...which do you want more: Air or money?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
air

fresh air

if you dont have any useful answers than dont post and be all snarky

This is a Natural Health forum not a pharmacy shop.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Bless you,Lanolin. I too suffer seasonal allergies only problem is mine is twice a year and last all year round..
I got fed up with taking pills and nasal sprays plus eye drops so I've decided to just suffer through ( not so fun)
I do stay indoors always have since I was a preteen BC I love to read. Maybe had I been out more I'd have adapted.

Share your remedy if you find one.
Thanks
I used to work outdoors for a living and even mow lawns! and many gardeners also suffer from allergies so we'd just work with through with running noses and sneezing. We'd carry hankies all the time. If the lawns are unmowed and allowed to flower, thats when the pollen starts irritating people.

I think aller stop was the only one that worked but its not always easy to find, Plus you have to remeber to be always taking the pills and its expensive!

Now I work indoors in the library but I still need to open the windows to let fresh air in. The problem is the really loud sneezing which I cant turn off lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think the only good thing about hayfever is that people are always blessing me when I sneeze.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
When my nose begins to drip, I use a saline nasal spray. I also recommend the Navage.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

None makes you sleepy...
Not ‘sleepy’ perhaps, but dopey. I can’t take any of those because the side effects are far worse than the symptoms themselves.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I bought some allerstop but its expensive for 30 chewable pills it was $23.00 and you need to take two every two hours or something.

Not all pharmacies have it and yea if its a long season you are spending quite a bit. :-(

it works, no side effects but...yea if you dont have the money you just kinda suffer through it.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
i had bad allergies for years.

last year, i began taking 1000 mg of vitamin c and 20 mg of vitamin d on top of a daily multivitamin .

have had lighter allergies, most of the time none.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the thing with multivitamins etc is they can be just like pills and you have to remember to take them everyday.

I wish us humans could manufacture our own vitamin within our bodies but we cant. Ideally we ought to be getting all our vitamins from fresh food and air and sunlight.

Most processed food has lost its vitality..its added later but I dont know if eating cardboard cereal laced with sugar and extra added vitamins is any good for you.