He is so reasonable...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
You do not have to hear this, but others may have the need. I admire Jesus in you, and look forward to yor posts. Do not allow the "duty" part of being here ever interfere with your service to our Lord, Jesus, it is perceived by heart, sould and mind...….God bless you always.
I am so priviledged to get to be part of this community. You all are so welcoming. You have made me smile. Thank you. I admire the Jesus in you as well. You are a blessing to me, as well at you so many others, Brother. Our Lord is the reason why. Because of Him we all get to be family. He is our family tree.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I am simply reflecting you :)

(Or perhaps rather aspiring to reflect the life of Christ I see in you.)
I know you agree that there are no other words as gratifying as those you just expressed it me. I see Him in you too, sister. I thank my Lord for you.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
There's an old saying that was written into a movie script years ago. "The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room." A loud voice that insists on commanding attention, pejoratives slung about to disguise the speakers own ignorance of a thing and put attention on the one labeled with the pejorative, therein making it seem necessary they then defend against the false charge so as to distract from the patent fact the one calling names remains ignorant, are all tactics employed by the insecure.
In any area of life. On a Bible believers forum it isn't uncommon to find that at all.

God said it simply enough, though it would seem to counter what being a member of a discussion forum is all about. "Be still and know I AM God."

Has any one of us read someone who appears not to have to go out of their way to be a rude, insulting dolt? That which can't actually respond to a post that questions the level of their personal knowledge about a topic with reason and class and in the spirit of Christ. Rather, they resort to the worst behavior, demeaning terms used to assail the one they're responding to, just to get out from under the fact, no longer able to be edited due to the time limit, that they really don't know what they're talking about when talking scripture.

I think that personality is what the OP begins to bring our attention to. God's affording us the opportunity to put his words into action.
Be reasonable when encountering the unreasonable. Recognize we're not talking to someone who is actually in Christ but is a pretender exposed.

Never let the Devil bring you to his level. He wins. And you make a mockery of what you claim to have learned at the knee of the Master, Christ.

God see's everything. Even those who pretend to know him.

U

UnderGrace

Recognize we're not talking to someone who is actually in Christ but is a pretender exposed.
So you really think you can draw this conclusion on a discussion board?

You really think you can see/decide/deduce who is in Christ and who is not in Christ?

U

UnderGrace

@CharliRenee

You have a lovely OP and I am not wanting to derail it, but it is not right that someone should make such disparaging remarks as to the status of person in Christ.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
So you really think you can draw this conclusion on a discussion board?

You really think you can see/decide/deduce who is in Christ and who is not in Christ?
What's Paul say?

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
He says a lot ....did you have something particular in mind?

I will make a cup of tea while you are thinking on it.
1 Corinthians 5:12-13
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

U

UnderGrace

1 Corinthians 5:12-13
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”
So we are in church now? Aren't you the one who argued that it was good to welcome homosexuals into the church?

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
So we are in church now? Aren't you the one who argued that it was good to welcome homosexuals into the church?
Strong diversion.
You're the one that asked for the example of what Paul said. You have it.
Just so you know, the body of faithful who are in Christ ARE the church. So you tell me. Are you in church now?

U

UnderGrace

Strong diversion.
You're the one that asked for the example of what Paul said. You have it.
Just so you know, the body of faithful who are in Christ ARE the church. So you tell me. Are you in church now?
Surely, you cannot possible apply what Paul wrote to the assembly at Corinth, a face to face, real time group of believers dealing with sexual immorality, to an online discussion board.

You have no scriptural basis for that, nor does the scripture you gave, state to judge a man's heart and their salvation, you are reading that into the text.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
In the event someone thinks to report me for claiming UnderGrace isn't Christian, which actually could never truly be inferred by my posts.
church (chûrch)
n.
A building for public, especially Christian worship.
  • n.
    The company of all Christians regarded as a spiritual body.
  • n.
    A specified Christian denomination: the Presbyterian Church.
More at Wordnik
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Surely, you cannot possible apply what Paul wrote to the assembly at Corinth, a face to face, real time group of believers dealing with sexual immorality, to an online discussion board.

You have no scriptural basis for that, nor does the scripture you gave, state to judge a man's heart and their salvation, you are reading that into the text.
I have a suggestion. :coffee:Take your cup of tea and look up 1 Corinthians and read all of chapter 5.

You asked for an example of what Paul said about judging righteously and you got it. Now you're trying to state it is not applicable because you think it the chapter applies to homosexuality only.

U

UnderGrace

In the event someone thinks to report me for claiming UnderGrace isn't Christian, which actually could never truly be inferred by my posts.
church (chûrch)
n.
A building for public, especially Christian worship.
  • n.
    The company of all Christians regarded as a spiritual body.
  • n.
    A specified Christian denomination: the Presbyterian Church.
More at Wordnik
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

I never once thought you were referring to me, I am not sure who you are referring to unless you want to be more specific.

I do think the statement was toward someone and on CC and I do not think it is justifiable.

btw ....I rarely report people

no longer able to be edited due to the time limit, that they really don't know what they're talking about when talking scripture.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
This is not a call we can make, unless you have access to the Book of Life.

End of Story
Well, I'll not agree and think to say Jesus, the Apostles , nor Paul were wrong in their teachings as to our right to judge based on righteous judgement.

Every Christian alive is able to say Jim Jones was false. David Koresh too.
1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I never once thought you were referring to me, I am not sure who you are referring to unless you want to be more specific.

I do think the statement was toward someone and on CC and I do not think it is justifiable.

btw ....I rarely report people
That is the blessing of unique individual opinion. You are able to think it is not justifiable. Others, including myself, are able to discern the very real fact that an Internet forum is not an exemption for unrighteous behavior cloaked in the name of Christ.
In simple terms, how someone who claims the name of Christ behaves in print is worthy of judgment just as it would be if they were speaking that same way before someone who is in Christ and yet blind.
The spirit within the Christian is holy.
The spirit within the sinner is not.

The two are distinguishable even in the dark.

U

UnderGrace

That is the blessing of unique individual opinion. You are able to think it is not justifiable. Others, including myself, are able to discern the very real fact that an Internet forum is not an exemption for unrighteous behavior cloaked in the name of Christ.
In simple terms, how someone who claims the name of Christ behaves in print is worthy of judgment just as it would be if they were speaking that same way before someone who is in Christ and yet blind.
The spirit within the Christian is holy.
The spirit within the sinner is not.

The two are distinguishable even in the dark.
Well good luck with that.o_O