He tells us.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Leviticus 19:9‭-‬18 ESV

"When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God.

Be generous even to the poor and the travelers, literally tend to others including the ones who are new to the community. He tells us.

"You shall not steal; you shall not deal falsely; you shall not lie to one another. You shall not swear by my name falsely, and so profane the name of your God: I am the Lord .

Integrity in Christ is seen when we deal with others above board, honest and true, in all that we do, even if no one is watching. He tells us.

"You shall not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of a hired worker shall not remain with you all night until the morning. You shall not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block before the blind, but you shall fear your God: I am the Lord.

There should be no part of us that wants to keep someone down, give eagerly, without hesitation what is due. When speaking of others, ones who may not hear due to presence or otherwise, do so treating them with dignity. Never seek to bring harm to someone, to cause them to stumble on something they didn't see coming. Again take precious care of one another. He tells us.

"You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor. You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the Lord . "You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord .

Show no partiality, be just to all. Do not aim to give leniency just because one is poor, but also do not show favor just because someone is rich. Discern righteously, with God in mind. Do not slander others, love them in our words, our prayers, and our actions. Do not be bitter towards a brother, but be direct and honest with him. Do so though, not for the sake of vengeance, for that is not ours to take. Infact, we are not to even hold any contempt or ill will towards one another, but rather love one another with the same regard we love ourselves. He tells us.

For me, I always ask myself... how would it feel on the receiving end of what I'm dishing out?

I paraphrased not because His words needed clarifying or because I am foolish enough to think I can make His words better. I just appreciate how clear He tells us what loving our neighbors looks like and who our neighbors are. The things Jesus came to share in the new testament is the same message we have always been given.

It has me thinking of Galatians 5:6...

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

We are so very blessed that He is so reasonable and clear in what and how He tells us.

God Bless you all, my beloved brothers and sisters in Christ.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
This also has me thinking of...

So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Philippians 2:1‭-‬4 ESV

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
No law that does not contain mercy is to be followed. You have rightly shared some of the many laws that are not abolished but yet being fulfilled by Jesus, Yeshusa. That is to say, His Body members here in this age.

Anyone who has studied the Word including th elaws as under grace kn ows that the majority of the laws are no more, for our Savior is the finishing touch on them. I speak of Hhis beigne the High Priest and we being made priests……...no more Levitical laws. No sacrificial laws for there is but one Savcrifice, our blessed Lamb of God. No ceremonial laws for us……...no dietary laws for Jesus declared all foods clean on at least two occasions.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I typed more but timed out………..I love your post and your casre for the Word of God.....that is your care for Jesus, Yeshua......…...thank you dear sister. If only all who claim to love would read and study the entire Word, they would come to know obedience of the laws whci got together to form LOVE OF God and neighbor is our duty and not payment in anyt manner for salvation, they would come into the forums without a graqce-chip on the shoulder……...We are all saved by mercy and grace only. You are a blessing..

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its so interesting the laws in Leviticus to see how God wanted to fashion a holy people that would glorify him , how often do we fall short.

Inour own countries and districts we dont have laws and bylaws like this. We have laws that say you cant do this or that rather than laws telling us to be kind and generous.

We just have health and safety regulations and red tape. If you are not registered You cant do this or that. With the fields theres no law about people leaving leftovers for the poor. A lot of leftover produce goes straight to the dump!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I typed more but timed out………..I love your post and your casre for the Word of God.....that is your care for Jesus, Yeshua......…...thank you dear sister. If only all who claim to love would read and study the entire Word, they would come to know obedience of the laws whci got together to form LOVE OF God and neighbor is our duty and not payment in anyt manner for salvation, they would come into the forums without a graqce-chip on the shoulder……...We are all saved by mercy and grace only. You are a blessing..
Thank you, dear brother for reading and responding. Your words to me are gracious and kind. I appreciate all of what you said, and enjoy the grace - chip on our shoulders. That is another great takeaway you often bring. Thank you for having the love you have for Him and for that which belongs to Him.

God Bless you, and love in Yeshua HaMashiach.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Its so interesting the laws in Leviticus to see how God wanted to fashion a holy people that would glorify him , how often do we fall short.

Inour own countries and districts we dont have laws and bylaws like this. We have laws that say you cant do this or that rather than laws telling us to be kind and generous.

We just have health and safety regulations and red tape. If you are not registered You cant do this or that. With the fields theres no law about people leaving leftovers for the poor. A lot of leftover produce goes straight to the dump!
That is too bad, huh, that so much food is wasted. Health regulation is good though, huh? Isn't is awesome that His laws of Love are so reasonable? They just make sense and so good, of course because He is so reasonable and good.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I am so thankful to Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He is our redeemer, the One who loves us perfectly. Thank You Lord.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Our Father knew exactly what the children of Israel would do. Just as He knows exactly what mankind will do and attempt to accomplish withut having Him in mind.

The Children of Israel, while in the wilderness, were disobedient, and by their disobedience salvation was gained by the nations. Yes, He knew exsactly what they would do.

Praise God, and may He always bless the Israqel of eternity.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This post immediately previous of mind has been here aawaiting my possting it, and I thought I had forgive that please.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I forgot, please pray for people here on the East Coasst of Spain, there has been heavy rains for three days and right now, withlots of flooding. I am live on da mound of sorts, so for now no flooding but a lot of rain. One power outage two days ago, but brief. I should get away from the maching now. All love and blessing in Yeshua..pray for the victims...j

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I definitely will pray for the victims and you, right now, in Jesus Name. Please be careful, k?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thank you. I figure you are always praying for s all anyways… All love and blessings in Yeshua..j

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
Leviticus 19:9‭-‬18 ESV

"When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God.

Be generous even to the poor and the travelers, literally tend to others including the ones who are new to the community. He tells us.

"You shall not steal; you shall not deal falsely; you shall not lie to one another. You shall not swear by my name falsely, and so profane the name of your God: I am the Lord .

Integrity in Christ is seen when we deal with others above board, honest and true, in all that we do, even if no one is watching. He tells us.

"You shall not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of a hired worker shall not remain with you all night until the morning. You shall not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block before the blind, but you shall fear your God: I am the Lord.

There should be no part of us that wants to keep someone down, give eagerly, without hesitation what is due. When speaking of others, ones who may not hear due to presence or otherwise, do so treating them with dignity. Never seek to bring harm to someone, to cause them to stumble on something they didn't see coming. Again take precious care of one another. He tells us.

"You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor. You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the Lord . "You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord .

Show no partiality, be just to all. Do not aim to give leniency just because one is poor, but also do not show favor just because someone is rich. Discern righteously, with God in mind. Do not slander others, love them in our words, our prayers, and our actions. Do not be bitter towards a brother, but be direct and honest with him. Do so though, not for the sake of vengeance, for that is not ours to take. Infact, we are not to even hold any contempt or ill will towards one another, but rather love one another with the same regard we love ourselves. He tells us.

For me, I always ask myself... how would it feel on the receiving end of what I'm dishing out?

I paraphrased not because His words needed clarifying or because I am foolish enough to think I can make His words better. I just appreciate how clear He tells us what loving our neighbors looks like and who our neighbors are. The things Jesus came to share in the new testament is the same message we have always been given.

It has me thinking of Galatians 5:6...

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

We are so very blessed that He is so reasonable and clear in what and how He tells us.

God Bless you all, my beloved brothers and sisters in Christ.
Giving is more virtuous than receiving. Don't look for a reason
to love someone; love them first. This is what Christ did for us.
Love the unlovable; you may be the first person who ever loved
them.