Heart issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter YouOnlyLiveTwice
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
So I went to the cardiologist yesterday and he said my second ECG was great but then he went on saying that he recommends that I be put on a sleep apnea machine at night while I’m sleeping, a medication called metoprolol, that I have aFib, that he might recommend that I get a procedure done on my heart to prevent heart attack or stroke.
My grandmother had the same issue, so it seems to run in the family.
if you guys can pray for me and my heart, I’d appreciate.
Also, if you can pray that I lose 75 pounds, that’d be great too. The doctor said most of my problems would be solved if I just lost the weight.

Thank you, god bless you.


I wasn't real clear. Im praying for you, but not your Drs. Most Drs follow a script for everyone according to hospital/big pharma demands. You, on the other hand, are an individual created by God in His image. You can do better than treat symptoms. If you need stabilized I would take care of that and start doing everything you can to clear plaque and strengthen your heart.

This is Steven Sinatra and the first 5 minutes is cardio health 101.

 
Update: the aFib ablation procedure is May 19th
Been taking metoprolol 25mg daily, one half in the morning, one half at night.
Been walking every morning since Monday and will continue daily.
In the process of weaning off of propranolol which is kinda similar to metoprolol, I’ll be off of it next Friday completely.
I have to get a CTA of the chest scan, a procedure prep visit at the cardiologist office and then the procedure.

Thanks for all the prayers!
 
Update: the aFib ablation procedure is May 19th
Been taking metoprolol 25mg daily, one half in the morning, one half at night.
Been walking every morning since Monday and will continue daily.
In the process of weaning off of propranolol which is kinda similar to metoprolol, I’ll be off of it next Friday completely.
I have to get a CTA of the chest scan, a procedure prep visit at the cardiologist office and then the procedure.

Thanks for all the prayers!

AFib procedure?
Catheterization and cauterization of the side of the heart that is putting out an irregular electrical impulse?
 
Update: the aFib ablation procedure is May 19th
Been taking metoprolol 25mg daily, one half in the morning, one half at night.
Been walking every morning since Monday and will continue daily.
In the process of weaning off of propranolol which is kinda similar to metoprolol, I’ll be off of it next Friday completely.
I have to get a CTA of the chest scan, a procedure prep visit at the cardiologist office and then the procedure.

Thanks for all the prayers!

I can speak from my experiences and expensive education to this subject if you want to PM me.
 
AFib procedure?
Catheterization and cauterization of the side of the heart that is putting out an irregular electrical impulse?
I have an arrhythmia, so my heart races and my blood pressure sky rockets at random times throughout the day, so I take metoprolol to balance that out.

Apparently others have received this procedure and lived to be around 80 or longer, which to me is a good time to head to heaven. Not sure if I’d want to be here in my 90’s or 100’s.
 
I have an arrhythmia, so my heart races and my blood pressure sky rockets at random times throughout the day, so I take metoprolol to balance that out.

Apparently others have received this procedure and lived to be around 80 or longer, which to me is a good time to head to heaven. Not sure if I’d want to be here in my 90’s or 100’s.
When your car has a serious issue, do you disconnect the sensor?
If you have a 4 cylinder car running on 3 some of the time, why settle for that?
Oil changes, plug wires and spark plugs are cheap maintenance. Many can live with a weaker missing engine that gets low gas mileage and chugs up hills. America sets that standard with the highest medication use and the worst health of any developed country in the world.

Our heart is a muscle and has special requirements too. Surgeons and cardiologist can't make money off of healthy people who correct our own problems with God's help.
Heart disease is the biggest cause of death besides properly prescribed medications and procedures. Those hold the trophy 🏆 as the current highest mortality.
 
Our heart is a muscle and has special requirements too. I studied what they are so I could correct through God's intervention half a dozen cardiac conditions in my family.
The door is open if you want to learn too.
To your health and happiness!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brasspen
I have an arrhythmia, so my heart races and my blood pressure sky rockets at random times throughout the day, so I take metoprolol to balance that out.

Apparently others have received this procedure and lived to be around 80 or longer, which to me is a good time to head to heaven. Not sure if I’d want to be here in my 90’s or 100’s.


Magnesium and other electrolytes are essential for the heart. Essential means you can't live without it.
I just rubbed my sore neck with some solution I made and it's already feeling better.
MDs haven't convinced me that their chemicals and surgery are better than taking proper nutritional supplements and eating right.

For the heart there's some that helps a LOT of people and some that's a waste of money (oxide form).

I posted a link to an excellent book on cardiology that everyone should read. $5-10 bucks used.
I had a consult with the author and inside info from her assistant about aFib.
You have time to learn today .
What do you have to lose?

Praying for you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GRACE_ambassador
Magnesium and other electrolytes are essential for the heart. Essential means you can't live without it.
I just rubbed my sore neck with some solution I made and it's already feeling better.
MDs haven't convinced me that their chemicals and surgery are better than taking proper nutritional supplements and eating right.

For the heart there's some that helps a LOT of people and some that's a waste of money (oxide form).

I posted a link to an excellent book on cardiology that everyone should read. $5-10 bucks used.
I had a consult with the author and inside info from her assistant about aFib.
You have time to learn today .
What do you have to lose?

Praying for you.
I agree that all electrolytes are definitely essential, and that nutritional supplements/eating right can help, but emotional well-being is essential as well...meditation, being in nature, creative outlets, fulfilling conversations, being filled up by God's love for you in scripture, relationship, having a greater purpose in life, are all things that help our hearts as well.

Just thought I would mention those things because I, too, used to believe that all I had to do was eat well and exercise, but emotional health plays a big role as well.

Thank you for your prayers @HealthAndHappiness, and your pursuit of educating others about what you have learned or experienced.

I will be getting the procedure, as I've talked to many doctors and patients about it and now understand what AFib does and is, and how it can get worse over time. So I might as well nip it in the bud before it ends up killing me sooner.
 
Magnesium and other electrolytes are essential for the heart. Essential means you can't live without it.
I just rubbed my sore neck with some solution I made and it's already feeling better.
MDs haven't convinced me that their chemicals and surgery are better than taking proper nutritional supplements and eating right.

For the heart there's some that helps a LOT of people and some that's a waste of money (oxide form).

I posted a link to an excellent book on cardiology that everyone should read. $5-10 bucks used.
I had a consult with the author and inside info from her assistant about aFib.
You have time to learn today .
What do you have to lose?

Praying for you.
Now you got me eating an avocado and drinking magnesium complex as an afternoon snack lol :)
 
I agree that all electrolytes are definitely essential, and that nutritional supplements/eating right can help, but emotional well-being is essential as well...meditation, being in nature, creative outlets, fulfilling conversations, being filled up by God's love for you in scripture, relationship, having a greater purpose in life, are all things that help our hearts as well.

Just thought I would mention those things because I, too, used to believe that all I had to do was eat well and exercise, but emotional health plays a big role as well.

Thank you for your prayers @HealthAndHappiness, and your pursuit of educating others about what you have learned or experienced.

I will be getting the procedure, as I've talked to many doctors and patients about it and now understand what AFib does and is, and how it can get worse over time. So I might as well nip it in the bud before it ends up killing me sooner.

It sounds like you are covering other bases too. My answer was way too short. It was just a simple reminder that I thought of since it was one thing working for me and praying for you.
Glad to hear that you had a very good lunch.
I totally appreciate that concern. If you're able to correct the aFib will you still go through with the [oblation?] procedure? Please don't answer me on this public forum. It's just another question I would ask myself since you are determined to make heart healthy changes from what I hear. I'm speaking from experience. My heart enlarged and have had a number of concerns like yours, so I asked a lot of questions.
The Lord provides His answers.

"Ask and ye shall receive."
 
I think if I just lost weight, I wouldn’t have that issue but losing weight and keeping it off long term has never been able to be done, at least for me.

I think if I was off all psyche meds, I’d be skinny again but who knows…I guess maybe we’ll find out this year.
Well, this is just food for thought: There is a big difference between being skinny and being healthy. Skinny does not always mean healthy.

More food for thought: (you don't have to answer, just things you might want to think about if you haven't already) What, if any, contribution do the psych meds play in the afib? Meaning, are any of your meds you are weaning off from causing this or making it worse?
 
Well, this is just food for thought: There is a big difference between being skinny and being healthy. Skinny does not always mean healthy.

More food for thought: (you don't have to answer, just things you might want to think about if you haven't already) What, if any, contribution do the psych meds play in the afib? Meaning, are any of your meds you are weaning off from causing this or making it worse?

There's a link on an excellent cardiology book for patients and Drs. It shows which meds can cause aFib, etc. It's surprising how many cause a number of issues that are typically treated with more chemicals and procedures. So, I agree with you that would be a great place to start is to look at the frequent effects.
Example, a lady at the hospital was trying to recover from a heart attack. A Dr was going to meet with her to discuss a high risk for stroke drug and if she wants to submit and sign liability waver, etc. He decided to go ahead and do it without a consult with her. She immediately had a massive stroke. She summoned the physician on duty and he was very confused as to what to do. She was on a statin already and he ordered 3 more statins, so 4 altogether was his solution for stopping a stroke at the cardiac unit. The next day they suctioned a clot off her brain. This was at the most reputable hospital in the state, Ruby Memorial. It shows that some meds/chemicals can make a person worse.
Thank God she can walk again in spite of the gross malpractice. But I digress.

I'm just glad our friend here is eating avocados for lunch and taking Magnesium!
 
There's a link on an excellent cardiology book for patients and Drs. It shows which meds can cause aFib, etc. It's surprising how many cause a number of issues that are typically treated with more chemicals and procedures. So, I agree with you that would be a great place to start is to look at the frequent effects.
Example, a lady at the hospital was trying to recover from a heart attack. A Dr was going to meet with her to discuss a high risk for stroke drug and if she wants to submit and sign liability waver, etc. He decided to go ahead and do it without a consult with her. She immediately had a massive stroke. She summoned the physician on duty and he was very confused as to what to do. She was on a statin already and he ordered 3 more statins, so 4 altogether was his solution for stopping a stroke at the cardiac unit. The next day they suctioned a clot off her brain. This was at the most reputable hospital in the state, Ruby Memorial. It shows that some meds/chemicals can make a person worse.
Thank God she can walk again in spite of the gross malpractice. But I digress.

I'm just glad our friend here is eating avocados for lunch and taking Magnesium!
I’m in the process of weaning off of a bunch of meds and I see that at least one of them, in rare cases, can cause aFib. So I see what you are saying.

Maybe it would be best to wean off of these meds first, before deciding wether an ablation is even an option.
 
Benztropine, sleep apnea, and Hydroxyzine can cause aFib, and in rare cases, Lurasidone can cause aFib.

I am unable to privately message you @HealthAndHappiness but I’d like to. Not sure if you are able to but whenever you have free time, if you can message me, I think you are onto something here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
I’m in the process of weaning off of a bunch of meds and I see that at least one of them, in rare cases, can cause aFib. So I see what you are saying.

Maybe it would be best to wean off of these meds first, before deciding wether an ablation is even an option.
My primary care doctor said that my aFib isn't even that bad yet, so there is time for me to wean off the meds and see if that is the solution.
 
I’m in the process of weaning off of a bunch of meds and I see that at least one of them, in rare cases, can cause aFib. So I see what you are saying.

Maybe it would be best to wean off of these meds first, before deciding wether an ablation is even an option.

I'm coming from a unique perspective of the individual making informed decisions after becoming aware of options.

I don't have the PM option right now either.
Perhaps we can find a way to connect.