Heaven is not our home!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 13, 2018
Chances are, you clicked this because of the title... Its why i used this title, and about to tell you what the Bible had already made clear... Heaven is not our home... Eventually all born again believers will be in heaven but its not for eternity.... The Lord has told us time and time again that a new heaven and earth will be created and on this new earth we shall dwell...

I bring this up because so many times growing up as a child were told that if we want to be with God in heaven forever we must repent and believe

This is why its important as parents we teach our kids the truth... Dont hold back... Mine are 7 and 11 but when my son was 5 and 6 i was teaching him these simple truths

Recently we watch a kids story ( superbook - which i like ) but they didnt tell the whole story of ElijahElijah, Ahab, and Jezabel... So i found another that went further, even explaining how Jezabel was tossed out the window and the dogs devoured her leaving her hands only...

Okay, I'm done now... Waiting on my new home (on the new earth) lol

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Yes, the final destination is the new earth as God has promised us.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Just where do you see that anyone goes/went to heaven. It hasn't happened. Like you said heaven will come to us. Just where or what is God's abode right now we don't know. I think it is another dimension, but we needn't concern ourselves until after the 1,000-year reign on earth. Then probably God will show it to us.

awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
When I get to my new home whether it is in heaven or the New Earth I'm gong to take a long nap because I feel tired and worn out. Then I'm gong to McDonald's for a Big Mac, strawberry shake and supersized fries. After that, I going to sit in my favorite lawn chair, sip a cuppa premium coffee and feed the ducks popcorn wading in the pond.

L

LPT

When I get to my new home whether it is in heaven or the New Earth I'm gong to take a long nap because I feel tired and worn out. Then I'm gong to McDonald's for a Big Mac, strawberry shake and supersized fries. After that, I going to sit in my favorite lawn chair, sip a cuppa premium coffee and feed the ducks popcorn wading in the pond.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The Lord has told us time and time again that a new heaven and earth will be created and on this new earth we shall dwell...
That's just your imagination. He has said nothing of the kind to believers. To the contrary, He has told them that Heaven is their home (John 14:1-3).

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

1.Where does God the Father dwell? In Heaven

2. Where is God's throne? In Heaven

3. Where is Christ's throne at the right hand of the Father? In Heaven

4. So where is "my Father's house"? In Heaven

5. And where are those mansions for believers? In Heaven (to be more precise in the New Jerusalem, which is in Heaven)

6. And were are all the deceased OT and NT saints? In Heaven

We could go to Hebrews 12 to confirm this, but for now this should suffice.

Only a Jehovah's Witness would insist that the earth is his eternal home. So are you a JW or have you simply been influenced by nonsensical theology?

Yes the New Earth will certainly be inhabited, but it will be by redeemed and restored Israel and the saved nations surrounding it. So if you want to teach your kids the truth, teach them God's truth as revealed in Scripture.

Last edited:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Just where do you see that anyone goes/went to heaven.
Read Acts 7 & 8 for starters. It has certainly happened for Stephen and for all the saints who were martyred, or died, after him to this day.

L

LPT

That's just your imagination. He has said nothing of the kind to believers. To the contrary, He has told them that Heaven is their home (John 14:1-3).

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

1.Where does God the Father dwell? In Heaven

2. Where is God's throne? In Heaven

3. Where is Christ's throne at the right hand of the Father? In Heaven

4. So where is "my Father's house"? In Heaven

5. And where are those mansions for believers? In Heaven (to be more precise in the New Jerusalem, which is in Heaven)

6. And were are all the deceased OT and NT saints? In Heaven

We could go to Hebrews 12 to confirm this, but for now this should suffice.

Only a Jehovah's Witness would insist that the earth is his eternal home. So are you a JW or have you simply been influenced by nonsensical theology?

Yes the New Earth will certainly be inhabited, but it will be by redeemed and restored Israel and the saved nations surrounding it. So if you want to teach your kids the truth, teach them God's truth as revealed in Scripture.
O yea huh,

Rev 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Mar 13, 2018
Actually, the JWs believe this is thousand year reign... I don't.... God 's Word declares that He shall create a new heaven and a new earth for us to dwell in, similar to what Adam and Eve had in the sense that there would be perfection, no more death sorrow or pain, along with all nature coming back under the original created orderorder... They shall eat straw and grass like tye oxen

As of right now, yes believers are in heaven but remember, John saw the New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven and Christ will rule and reign forever and God shall dwell with His people like He did with Adam and Eve.... God isnt stationed in one area at a time because He is God...

Anyway, good talk though

L

LPT

Actually, the JWs believe this is thousand year reign... I don't.... God 's Word declares that He shall create a new heaven and a new earth for us to dwell in, similar to what Adam and Eve had in the sense that there would be perfection, no more death sorrow or pain, along with all nature coming back under the original created orderorder... They shall eat straw and grass like tye oxen

As of right now, yes believers are in heaven but remember, John saw the New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven and Christ will rule and reign forever and God shall dwell with His people like He did with Adam and Eve.... God isnt stationed in one area at a time because He is God...

Anyway, good talk though
indeed, where righteousness dwells in the current heaven as will be in the new heaven as well.

2 Peter 3:13
But in keeping with God's promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
O yea huh,

Rev 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Simply quoting a Scripture without putting it in perspective does not help anyone. Of course there will be a New Heavens and a New Earth. But that will NOT be for the Church in Heaven (in the New Jerusalem). Now try and understand this Scripture before insisting that the eternal home of the Church is in Heaven.

For our conversation [Gk πολίτευμα = commonwealth = CITIZENSHIP] is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (Phil 3:20,21)

So the Bible tells us that our citizenship is in Heaven, but there are a few Christians laboring under the delusion that their citizenship is on earth. Very sad!

And why would Christ change our vile bodies into the likeness of His glorious body if we would be remaining on earth?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
The dead are asleep. Paul may have said: to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. OK, to close your eyes at night: presto - it is morning. It is the same principal.

Nobody is in heaven yet: John 3:13: "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." They are asleep.

Acts 2:29: "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day."

Acts 2:34,35: "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Until I make thy foes thy footstool."

All the OT patriarchs are mentioned in Heb.11 and none of them have received their reward yet. Heb. 12 is just a reference to Mount Zion which is new Jerusalem, yet future.
Heb. 11:40: "God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect."

Heaven (the Kingdom of) is coming to earth. Rev. 5:10: "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth." Rev. 20:6: "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

After the 1,000 years: Rev 20:5,7,8:"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

Then comes the Great White Throne Judgement: in which the rest of the dead will be dealt with. Actually the little season that Satan is released is simultaneous with the GWTJ. This is pictured as the Last Great Day among the ancient Israeli Festivals.

Rev. 20:14,15: "Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."
The earth will no longer be inhabited by living humans. Thus no more death.

Last edited:
L

LPT

Simply quoting a Scripture without putting it in perspective does not help anyone. Of course there will be a New Heavens and a New Earth. But that will NOT be for the Church in Heaven (in the New Jerusalem). Now try and understand this Scripture before insisting that the eternal home of the Church is in Heaven.

For our conversation [Gk πολίτευμα = commonwealth = CITIZENSHIP] is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (Phil 3:20,21)

So the Bible tells us that our citizenship is in Heaven, but there are a few Christians laboring under the delusion that their citizenship is on earth. Very sad!

And why would Christ change our vile bodies into the likeness of His glorious body if we would be remaining on earth?
ok so tell me what is your opinion on this verse, mentions the place were righteousness dwells?

where do you think God will dwell when the new heaven and earth is finished being prepared?

But in keeping with God's promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The dead are asleep.
So you did not bother to read Acts 7 & 8 before responding. Sad when Christian don't bother with Scripture. So let's ask ourselves a few questions:

1. Was Stephen stoned and killed (martyred)? Absolutely

2. Did he ask the Lord (who is in Heaven) to receive his spirit? Absolutely

3. And did the Lord refuse to do so? Absolutely not.

4. So was Stephen's spirit very much awake and alive in the presence of God and Christ (as are all spirits of the saints)? Absolutely.

5. And was Stephen body buried in his grave? Absolutely

6. And does Scripture say with reference to this that he "fell asleep"? Absolutely

So the dead body in the grave gives the appearance of repose or sleep, but the soul and the spirit are awake and alive in Heaven. Nobody sleeps in Heaven, and the Seraphim in Heaven cry "Holy, holy, holy" day and night.

L

LPT

Hmm I guess not, o well...

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
Chances are, you clicked this because of the title... Its why i used this title, and about to tell you what the Bible had already made clear... Heaven is not our home... Eventually all born again believers will be in heaven but its not for eternity.... The Lord has told us time and time again that a new heaven and earth will be created and on this new earth we shall dwell...

I bring this up because so many times growing up as a child were told that if we want to be with God in heaven forever we must repent and believe

This is why its important as parents we teach our kids the truth... Dont hold back... Mine are 7 and 11 but when my son was 5 and 6 i was teaching him these simple truths

Recently we watch a kids story ( superbook - which i like ) but they didnt tell the whole story of ElijahElijah, Ahab, and Jezabel... So i found another that went further, even explaining how Jezabel was tossed out the window and the dogs devoured her leaving her hands only...

Okay, I'm done now... Waiting on my new home (on the new earth) lol
To get to your new HOME on the "NEW EARTH" you will first have to get to HEAVEN....If you get there????? then You will be there at least one of the LOrd's days for the 1000 years that it will represent here on "OLD" earth during the Millennium.... If you don't believe in the Millennium, then you have a big problem getting to either!!!!!

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
The "new heaven and earth" are figurative in scripture as were the old "heaven and earth" according to Isaiah they were created at the giving of the law at Sinai to the children of Israel:

Isa 51:16 KJV And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.

Isa 51:16 “I have put My words in your mouth and have covered you with the shadow of My hand, to [fn]establish the heavens, to found the earth, and to say to Zion, ‘You are My people.’”

God never said to the people of Israel that "you are my people" in the creation of the physical heaven and earth.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
ok so tell me what is your opinion on this verse, mentions the place were righteousness dwells?
What this means is that the real. literal, visible, tangible Kingdom of God will exist on the New Earth for eternity. Sin and evil will be banished from the universe and the earth itself will be purged with supernatural fire. Satan, his evil spirits, and all the wicked and unrighteous will be in Hell -- the Lake of Fire -- in "outer darkness", and this earth will finally be a place where there is TOTAL RIGHTEOUSNESS because Christ is King over all the earth, and those who dwell on earth are not only born again, and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, but prevented from being unrighteous and unholy.
where do you think God will dwell when the new heaven and earth is finished being prepared?
God and the Lamb (Christ) will dwell eternally in the New Jerusalem, which will descend from Heaven and hover over the earth as a heavenly body (1,500 cubic miles in dimension), giving light to the earth. There will be no sun, but God and Christ will be the eternal light for all.

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband...

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God...

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
The mansions that the Father is preparing for us will come down with the new Jerusalem.

Acts 7 and 8 says nothing other than a vision of Stephen and a statement from him for God to receive his spirit. The Father does preserve the spirits but they are not conscience. Here are some references to the unconscious saints.

Ecclesiastes 9:5,6: For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Psalms 6:5: For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Psalms 30:9: What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?

Psalms 115:17: The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.”

Isaiah 38:18: “For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.

Psalms 88:10-12: “Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah. Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction? Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?

Psalms 115:17: “The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.” :cool:

Last edited: