HEAVEN.....?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 15, 2023
So I have been thinking lately about where we go at the resurrection / rapture.or for that matter when we die. .....many theory's exist...
I have begun to think possibly inter-dimensional...a different plane of reality hidden at this time from our senses unless the beings (angels / demons) choose to be seen.
[Rev 6:14-17 NKJV] 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 "For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"
THOUGHTS?
THE BATTLE RAGES TIL THE LION ROARS!!!

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Interesting thought. Although I think the only dimensions in reality are the natural and the spiritual which are currently of an, idk, unstable? mixture? That is, these are mostly 'incompatibles' one with the other. But when the sky recedes as a scroll when it is rolled up, perhaps this is the moment all natural 'restraints' that inhibit insight into the spiritual are dissolved and "all eyes (in the total sense of all natural as well as spiritual sight) will see His face, some in jubilation and others in terror, depending on each individual's relationship to Him. That is, those that regarded Him only in the natural will be horrified to discover His Truth and those that regarded Him in truth as meta-natural will be overjoyed to ultimately realize their hope.

And from there, He will set aright the natural with the spiritual and all existence will culminate in reconciled harmony.

Feb 21, 2016
So I have been thinking lately about where we go at the resurrection / rapture.or for that matter when we die. .....many theory's exist...
I have begun to think possibly inter-dimensional...a different plane of reality hidden at this time from our senses unless the beings (angels / demons) choose to be seen.
[Rev 6:14-17 NKJV] 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 "For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"
THOUGHTS?
THE BATTLE RAGES TIL THE LION ROARS!!!
There's youtube channels that talk about things like this.They call it a shift change,and a wealth transfer gets mentioned a lot of the times.
My thoughts on the sky receding like a scroll is that it's like a spiritual washing of the water to the things of this physical dimension.
If it was traveling through the heavens and passed over the earth the ozone would probably roll like a scroll as well.That would relate to the scripture of a new heaven and new earth.
Think of it like a roll cloud or a ocean wave collapsing and it happens so fast like in a blink of an eye.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Looks like SACREDWARRIOR prefers pure FANTASY to solid Bible doctrine. Too bad.

May 22, 2024
Heaven is where God is.

God created space, time, energy and matter, so God is not in what he created, so it follows that heaven/God is in another dimension that is outside of this material universe.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
NOT TRUE....I have studied scripture for many years....read the word Daily in psalms 102 right now...so
So why do you dismiss the actual Heaven -- God's Heaven -- with some silly Sci-Fi idea?

Feb 21, 2016
When most people think firmament they think of the divide that separates us from the heavenly realm/another dimension.When God created all things,they were created in his image.So the firmament is really in the image of his Spirit.
If you think of the firmament like most people think of it,then we are from below the firmament.
That makes us the waters below separated from the waters above.The waters above is of the water,and the blood.
This physical realm is of the water.
The Spirit is the firmament.
The waters above is the blood.
Spirit,water,blood.
That's why I think that when the sky recedes like a scroll the whole heavens will recede from a baptism of sorts.

The Holy Spirit is a liken to a firmament.That's how I know that the firmament people think of is in the image of his Spirit.All those who are born of the water,and the blood are the waters above the firmament.
And the ones of the world are those below the firmament.
The Holy Spirit separates us from those who we once were.

I believe that when the sky recedes it will happen violently."Destroy this temple, and in 3 days I will rebuild it."

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Heavens from Scripture

Psalms 148:4chapter context similar meaning copy savePraise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.

Psalms 68:33chapter context similar meaning copy saveTo him that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which were of old; lo, he doth send out his voice, and that a mighty voice.

Genesis 2:4chapter context similar meaning copy saveThese are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Jeremiah 10:11chapter context similar meaning copy saveThus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.

Isaiah 51:6chapter context similar meaning copy saveLift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Isaiah 50:3chapter context similar meaning copy saveI clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering.

Jeremiah 2:12chapter context similar meaning copy saveBe astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD.

Psalms 123:1chapter context similar meaning copy save(A Song of degrees.) Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.

Psalms 50:6chapter context similar meaning copy saveAnd the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah.

Psalms 115:3chapter context similar meaning copy saveBut our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Lamentations 3:66chapter context similar meaning copy savePersecute and destroy them in anger from under the heavens of the LORD.

Lamentations 3:41chapter context similar meaning copy saveLet us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens.

Haggai 2:21chapter context similar meaning copy saveSpeak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, I will shake the heavens and the earth;

Psalms 136:5chapter context similar meaning copy saveTo him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
(continued)

Deuteronomy 32:1chapter context similar meaning copy saveGive ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.

Psalms 18:9chapter context similar meaning copy saveHe bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet.

Job 15:15chapter context similar meaning copy saveBehold, he putteth no trust in his saints; yea, the heavens are not clean in his sight.

2 Samuel 22:10chapter context similar meaning copy saveHe bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet.

Hebrews 7:26chapter context similar meaning copy saveFor such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

Psalms 50:4chapter context similar meaning copy saveHe shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.

Psalms 144:5chapter context similar meaning copy saveBow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.

2 Peter 3:13chapter context similar meaning copy saveNevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Psalms 89:2chapter context similar meaning copy saveFor I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

Job 9:8chapter context similar meaning copy saveWhich alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.

Job 14:12chapter context similar meaning copy saveSo man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Scripture speaks of three heavens.

(excerpt)

The concept of heaven is a central tenet of many religions, including Christianity. But how many heavens are actually mentioned in the Bible? The answer, according to many biblical scholars, is that there are three different heavens mentioned in the Bible.

The first heaven, also known as the atmospheric heaven, is the sky or the firmament that surrounds the earth. This heaven is described in the creation story in Genesis, where God separates the waters above the earth from the waters below the earth to create the sky. The atmospheric heaven is also mentioned in other parts of the Bible, such as Psalm 19:1, which says, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."

The second heaven, also known as the celestial heaven, is the realm of the stars and planets. This heaven is often described as a place of great beauty and majesty, where the glory of God is on full display. The celestial heaven is mentioned in various parts of the Bible, such as Psalm 8:3-4, which says, "When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?"

The third heaven, also known as the spiritual heaven, is the realm of God's presence. This heaven is described as a place of great glory and beauty, where God dwells and where the souls of the righteous are said to go after death. The spiritual heaven is mentioned in various parts of the Bible, such as 2 Corinthians 12:2-4, where the apostle Paul describes being caught up to the third heaven and seeing things that are not lawful to utter.

(here)

How many heavens are mentioned in the Bible?