Heavens VCR player (light-hearted topic)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
When we get to heaven, and if God says there were VCR DVD or Digital records :) of all of the events recorded in the bible, playable from any angle and vantage point, which of the Bible stories would you choose to play first with your heavenly issued VR headset?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Lighthearted? She hasn't been here for a couple of years. I hope she comes back.

My choice would be the resurrection. :)

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
i would like to see the original creation of everything. i always wondered if seas existed before noah's flood or not too

Apr 15, 2017
When we get to heaven, and if God says there were VCR DVD or Digital records :) of all of the events recorded in the bible, playable from any angle and vantage point, which of the Bible stories would you choose to play first with your heavenly issued VR headset?
That does sound cool, but we will not remember anything from earth, not our friends, not our family, not our jobs, and we will not even remember the Bible, and only love will go on forever.

Out of faith, hope, and charity, charity is the greatest, for faith and hope are not needed in heaven, and all that we did on earth, and learned only love will go on forever.

God will create a new heaven and a new earth, and the former shall not be remembered, nor come to mind.

But not to be serious, but some may think that some things of the earth will be a part of heaven but they will not, and we will not remember the Bible.

When we get to heaven it will like when the angels were created, poof there they are with no memory of anything but that moment and forth, and so it is with the saints at the New Jerusalem for that way we will not know about sin and rebellion, and we will not know of people who were lost, and even the angels will not remember anything prior to the New Jerusalem as they poof again and there is no memory of anything but that moment and forth.

I would want to watch the whole Bible which the Old Testament would seem like it would be more interesting than the New Testament from the things that went on in it.

Which it would be interesting to watch every nation at it's governmental level as they deal with their nation and the world, which would be strange to see all the deceit and false promises in dealing with their nation and the world, but since it is eternal life a saint could actually watch every single person that has been born in this world and everything from their perspective and watch everything they did.

But it could be that our mind is like as a tape recorder that records everything we did whether we remember it or not, and the heathen cannot try to weasel out of any sins for it is on their mind to be shown in their presence.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
i would like to see the original creation of everything. i always wondered if seas existed before noah's flood or not too
You will need 56 three hour VHS Tapes.

Yes water existed before the flood. The whole earth was covered by water:

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness [a]was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

G

Godsgirl83

So much to ick from, but one thing I think would be interesting to see from their vantage point of view would be David...….
to get specific......
David as a shepherd boy, as he killed a lion and a bear...… then as he saw Goliath and realized he could take that giant on with only his slingshot and the help of God...….

or maybe, Mary, as she went through labor birthing the Savior of all mankind and holding the King of kings for the first time in her arms...…...

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
I would like to see that day the languages were confused in Babel and the fallout that occurred. Must have been something to watch that confusion and shock unfold. And how this Babel would be left unfinished and uncoordinated.

I would also like to see the Red Sea Crossings, and the plagues of Egypt...….

OK I'm only allowed 1 for now. Sorry.

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
Wow this is nice... I would go for the Exodus parting of the red sea. Also how Noah boarded all the animals into the ark, flies and all mosquitos included.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
You will need 56 three hour VHS Tapes.

Yes water existed before the flood. The whole earth was covered by water:

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness [a]was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
i see it. do you think it was salty water or non-salty?

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
i see it. do you think it was salty water or non-salty?
Salty.
There is more evidence if we take the bible literally that there was a lot more water than we see remaining on this planet today. Because in the creation event, it says God separates the waters from the waters.

Here look:

Genesis 1
6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

So we see the waters under the heavens (seas), then the heavens, then the waters above the heavens. This is a very misunderstood piece of the bible. But it does seem that there are waters at the outer boundaries of the universe.

Look at another scripture:

Psalm 148
148 Praise[a] the Lord!

Praise the Lord from the heavens;
Praise Him in the heights!
2 Praise Him, all His angels;
Praise Him, all His hosts!
3 Praise Him, sun and moon;
Praise Him, all you stars of light!
4 Praise Him, you heavens of heavens,
And you waters above the heavens!

Chew on that for a while :)

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Salty.
There is more evidence if we take the bible literally that there was a lot more water than we see remaining on this planet today. Because in the creation event, it says God separates the waters from the waters.

Here look:

Genesis 1
6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

So we see the waters under the heavens (seas), then the heavens, then the waters above the heavens. This is a very misunderstood piece of the bible. But it does seem that there are waters at the outer boundaries of the universe.

Look at another scripture:

Psalm 148
148 Praise[a] the Lord!

Praise the Lord from the heavens;
Praise Him in the heights!
2 Praise Him, all His angels;
Praise Him, all His hosts!
3 Praise Him, sun and moon;
Praise Him, all you stars of light!
4 Praise Him, you heavens of heavens,
And you waters above the heavens!

i believe in the firmament you know. so it rains there and tehn also the fountains of the deep go open in noah's time.

do we know where salty and unsalty water came from? i always wonder like why we got so much water but only small parts are drinkable like sea water cant drink unless its desalination or whatever

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
i believe in the firmament you know. so it rains there and tehn also the fountains of the deep go open in noah's time.

do we know where salty and unsalty water came from? i always wonder like why we got so much water but only small parts are drinkable like sea water cant drink unless its desalination or whatever
Well soil is brackish (slightly salty) so the rivers carry this to the sea over time. The system of clouds / rain separate pure (evaporation) from salt and the system works as we all know.

But the passage I posted earlier may in fact refer to waters at the boundary of the universe (if you look carefully at these scriptures). And that blows my mind.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
The 'universe' is a lot smaller than you have been led to believe.

Maybe. I am open to modifying my opinion. ^^^Why do you say so?

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
OK I have another one.
2 Kings 19v35
One Angel wipes out an entire army laying siege to Jerusalem in one night. One Angel.
The looks on the faces of those in Israel must have been priceless. From certain death to victory. God hardly moves His little finger.