HEBREWS 1.14

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Are you saying that these angels are ministering to already saved Christians who shall be heirs of salvation?
this passage in Hebrews is the only place the phrase "inherit salvation" is found in the scripture.
however "
inherit the Kingdom of God / of Heaven" is written in a number of places, as well as "inherit eternal life"
AFAIK none of these places say Jesus inherits salvation. Jesus is salvation and He is King over all kings -- He inherits His people.

the author of this epistle appears to identify these things as being equivalent:
the Kingdom of Heaven is God's Kingdom and is Life and Salvation. the fact that he writes 'inherit salvation' without further explanation is evidence that he expects his audience to already know these things, to take them for granted, in order to build upon them.

we need to compare Ephesians 1:

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth — in Him. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in Whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, Who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Do we ' inherit ' salvation '? ( i agree that Jesus doesn't)
let's ask Ephesians 1.

Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
we have obtained an inheritance in Him ((see previous verses)) and He has obtained us --
what are "
the riches of the glory of His inheritance" in us?
does it concern our damnation and the loss of our souls? or our salvation, the complete redemption of "
His purchased possession" ?

Paul prays that our eyes be open to understand this; we should find it out :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
our inheritance according to His predetermined purpose & His will is to His glorification, not ours.
interesting eh

how is Christ glorified in us?
by condemning us or by saving us?

which is His will & purpose?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
this says Christ and the apostles preached the same gospel of salvation, doesn't it?
Well depends.

“...Which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord” (implying Christ’s earthly ministry in the flesh to Israel, Matt. 10:1–6) “and was confirmed [what Christ said was confirmed by the apostles] unto us by them that heard him” “...Which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord” (implying Christ’s earthly ministry in the flesh to Israel, Matt. 10:1–6) “and was confirmed [what Christ said was confirmed by the apostles] unto us by them that heard him”“God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders...” (vs. 4). The reference is to the Jewish signs (Mark 16:17–18) for the Jews (1 Cor. 1:22). “...And with divers miracles,” (see Acts 5:15–16, 3:1–6, for example) “and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?” The reference is to the apostolic gifts (2 Cor. 12:12) including the “sign gifts” to Israel (1 Cor. 14:22).

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
let's ask Ephesians 1.

Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowleydge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
we have obtained an inheritance in Him ((see previous verses)) and He has obtained us --
what are "
does it concern our damnation and the loss of our souls? or our salvation, the complete redemption of "

But is that the same ' inherit ' salvation
inheritance '?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
this says Christ and the apostles preached the same gospel of salvation, doesn't it?
At best it seems to say his disciples preached the same
let's ask Ephesians 1.

Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
what are "

And would you apply this verse to us also ? Chapter 2

3How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Well depends.

“...Which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord” (implying Christ’s earthly ministry in the flesh to Israel, Matt. 10:1–6) “and was confirmed [what Christ said was confirmed by the apostles] unto us by them that heard him” “...Which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord” (implying Christ’s earthly ministry in the flesh to Israel, Matt. 10:1–6) “and was confirmed [what Christ said was confirmed by the apostles] unto us by them that heard him”“God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders...” (vs. 4). The reference is to the Jewish signs (Mark 16:17–18) for the Jews (1 Cor. 1:22). “...And with divers miracles,” (see Acts 5:15–16, 3:1–6, for example) “and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?” The reference is to the apostolic gifts (2 Cor. 12:12) including the “sign gifts” to Israel (1 Cor. 14:22).

The reference is explicitly to our common salvation, not to signs and wonders.

Hebrews 2:3
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard [him];

Note the word "spoken"

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
The reference is explicitly to our common salvation, not to signs and wonders.

Hebrews 2:3
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard [him];

Note the word "spoken"
So its the salvation spoken of by Jesus? Which verses would you go to for the Salvation he spoke about? And to whom ?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
So its the salvation spoken of by Jesus? Which verses would you go to for the Salvation he spoke about? And to whom ?
There are many. This one's good

John 11:25-26
"I AM the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live, and whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

Note "whoever"

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
There are many. This one's good

John 11:25-26
"I AM the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live, and whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

Note "whoever"
I believe whoever believed God in the Old testament would be saved also . Who ever got on the Ark . Those at Ninevah ,those before Moses ,After Moses before and After Abraham ect Of course there's differences ect . I believe redemption comes after the cross for one.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I believe whoever believed God in the Old testament would be saved also . Who ever got on the Ark . Those at Ninevah ,those before Moses ,After Moses before and After Abraham ect Of course there's differences ect . I believe redemption comes after the cross for one.
Amen! Naaman the Syrian is evidence of that. :)

No one else had ever been cured of leprosy until Christ ((Luke 4:27)), yet the Law contains an elaborate ceremony for declaring a leper cured.
That's really significant - leprosy is a tremendous sign of death & damnation, there was no salvation from it, until Christ, but still the law prophesied that there would be.
Except Naaman - a pagan gentile who believed what a Hebrew servant girl told him about the true God. And the prophet would accept no payment, and would not allow Naaman to see him, but spoke through his servant.
Amazing!

Apr 15, 2017
where is it written Jesus inherited salvation?

what does Jesus need to be saved from?

:unsure:
The man Christ Jesus inherited salvation and received a glorified body like the saints will receive a glorified body and inherit salvation.

I will not say inherited and Jesus does not need to be saved, but the saints receive the same thing as the man Christ Jesus eternal life and a glorified body, but Jesus is the fulness of the Godhead bodily where the saints have partial attributes.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What makes you think that?
That's what the text says.

Hebrews 1:13-14 But to which of the angels has He ever said,
“Sit at My right hand,
Until I make Your enemies
A footstool for Your feet”?

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to provide service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

What is it about this verse that causes you so much trouble?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
That's what the text says.

Hebrews 1:13-14 But to which of the angels has He ever said,
“Sit at My right hand,
Until I make Your enemies
A footstool for Your feet”?

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to provide service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

What is it about this verse that causes you so much trouble?
Seems to be troubling lots of folks. It goes on to say 3How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
Does this sound like Security of the believer in the church age ? Aside from angels ministering for them who shall be heirs of salvation .

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Seems to be troubling lots of folks. It goes on to say 3How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
Does this sound like Security of the believer in the church age ? Aside from angels ministering for them who shall be heirs of salvation .
what makes you think a person who "neglects salvation" is called a "believer" ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
what makes you think a person who "neglects salvation" is called a "believer" ?
“Therefore WE ought to give the more earnest heed...which WE have heard...lest...WE should let them slip,” etc. Someone is in danger of letting something slip away from them, and it will cause them to “neglect salvation” neglect so great salvation
to HEBREWS.