HELL FIRE AND BRIM STONE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Professor

I trust my own experiences. I will leave it to others to decide. But if my experiences lead me to a closer walk with God, it's all good! :)

subjective experiences are not trustworthy
if they were we should all be pagans

Oct 14, 2012
Domenic. I'm in agreement with you. ( just I think the verses you quoted are for the body : But i want to help you out with the soul )->

; I said I was not going to post but wanted to bring attention to this verse. What many don't realize is the Bible speaks in figures of speech when trying to teach some times. But here is a place where it does not use a figure of speech :

Matthew 10:28

King James Version (KJV)

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

You can see that it clearly says, that God can " destroy " the soul, in hell. So the person does not burn forever as the figure of speech says, but the underling teaching is this, That the lake of fire, or today known as hell, does destroy the soul, it does not cause that soul to suffer. The rich man however when you read about him , is not in hell, but that fire is his own, showing his emotional state , that he is in danger of going to the lake of fire, but hes in heaven, just as Satan is as Revelation 12 sates. because Judgment day did not happen yet. Hope that verse helps some one and that they dont over, read it.
Thank you for posting this. It makes my heart jump whin people reason the Scriptures. God Bless you, and open your eyes.

In Genesis 2:7, this is whatt God did..."And God proceeded to form the man out the dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to ba A LIVING SOUL. There are many scriptures that show man is a soul. Yes our body is a soul.