You are welcome, WillieDo I HAVE to try to counter them? I happen to agree with every one of them. LOL
Thank you for that excellent post.
i think we all need to take a nap.
and after, we shall have cookies.
*end of derailment*
Go file some records, Lita. You're too nice to be in this mess. LOL
You are welcome, WillieIt is always nice to be in agreement with others on such important Scriptural matters, especially given the fact that there is already so much contention here. Jesus knew it was going to be this way, though. Sometimes I think this is one of the most severe ways our devotion to Christ is tested: how well do we love our enemies, or those that set themselves up as such through their despicable attitudes toward us? I know I fail, and but for the grace of God would have no defenses against those that come against me, for whatever reason they decide to persistently perniciously attack me. May God have mercy on us all.
but filing records is booooooooooooooooring lol.
i did see a bumper sticker on my way home for lunch.
"if you don't love Jesus, go to hell."
when i came back to work, i googled the phrase, and it turns out to be a song.
This idea is taken from Isaiah 66.24 where it clearly refers to DEAD bodies. The maggots and fires are not quenched because they continue day and night. But they act on DEAD bodies.
Won't do lol. Jesus was speaking of the instruments of punishment as never ending, not the people themselves.
TRY AGAIN and be a bit more careful this time![]()
Ill humor you in the derailmenti think we all need to take a nap.
and after, we shall have cookies.
*end of derailment*
i think we all need to take a nap.
and after, we shall have cookies.
*end of derailment*
Your patronization is charming.
(Matt 25:41 [KJV])
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Ill humor you in the derailment
Christians eat way too many cookies imho...
I think they should get out in the beautiful outdoors and burn OFF the cookies![]()
For those that doubt the existence of a literal Eternal Hell, I would have to take them to these verses first.
2 Timothy 3:16 (NKJV)
[SUP]16 [/SUP] All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
2 Peter 1:20 (NKJV)
[SUP]20 [/SUP] knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,
2 Peter 1:20-21 (NKJV)
[SUP]20 [/SUP] knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,
[SUP]21 [/SUP] for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
2 Samuel 22:31 (ESV)
[SUP]31 [/SUP] This God—his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.
Deuteronomy 4:2 (ASV)
[SUP]2 [/SUP] Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of Jehovah your God which I command you.
NOW I ASK, when you say "A loving God would never send anyone to Hell."; are you not deminishing from what the WORD OF GOD ACTUALLY SAYS?
Matthew 25:41-46 (NKJV)
[SUP]41 [/SUP] Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
[SUP]42 [/SUP] for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
[SUP]43 [/SUP] I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
[SUP]44 [/SUP] Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
[SUP]45 [/SUP] Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
[SUP]46 [/SUP] And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matthew 7:21-23 (NRSV)
[SUP]21 [/SUP] "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.
[SUP]22 [/SUP] On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?'
[SUP]23 [/SUP] Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.'
The interesting thing that came to my attention recently was regarding the time when Jesus was questioning (grilling? Poor Peter was on the hot plate haha) Peter about whether or not Peter loved Him, Christ. Jesus twice asked Peter, do you love me (agape love, God's love), with Peter twice answering that he philleo loved Jesus (brotherly, human love). Of course the problem with our human love is that it is conditional, and often fails. However, God's love is perfect, and does not fail. In the telling of the story, we can see Peter becoming frustrated and offended at being so closely and repeatedly questioned by Jesus, but Jesus does finally accept that Peter's human love is acceptable, for the third time He asks if Peter phileo loves Him, even as it seems He was asking Peter, and us by extension, to stretch the limits of our human love to encompass a Godly love. God, help us all to better love others, regardless of how they treat us. Help us to know by Your example through Jesus Christ and His apostles how to better love others as ourselves, and forgive any trespasses against us, amen.I'm failing miserably where Ms is concerned. I feel sorry for her (and her family and most of the people who she sets upon on the street)...... but as you can see from just this post, I am not feeling much love for her........ yet.
too many cookies? wait... wha? there is no such thing.
![]()
See how "Little Ms Innocent" tried to slide that around? I told you I was sorry if you got in the crossfire. My posts have been all at her because I do not believe she is what she claims she is. If you jumped in and said she was right, please don't think that because I still consider her wrong, and said so, that I was calling you the same stripe as her.... just that if you agreed with certain thinking she expressed, I STILL felt that thinking was wrong.
Crossfire is just that... shots aimed at someone beyond you, not at you. Rise up and try to deflect those shots, and of course you are going to feel some of them. I'm serious when I say I am sorry if you get in the way, but it will not change my opinion of her just because you try to shield her.