D
Depleted
Guest
When I do a survey and they ask my ethnic background, I click Native American. I AM Native American. The newest side of my family coming to this country arrived in the 1820's. The older side? I'm yet another descendant of John and Priscilla Alden. (And, yes, Longfellow is in my family too. He's buried in the family cemetery not far from Gram and Mom.) Exactly how long do people have to stay in a country before they can be "native?"Okay, I still do not understand, because we call anyone who is a descendant of a native tribe that existed when Columbus Discovered America, "NATIVE AMERICANS". When I hear the term "aboriginal", I think of Australia. And apparently I am not the only one:
Indigenous Australians
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indigenous Australians are the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Australia . . .
I AM native. I am not The First/Aboriginal/Indigenous. (They all mean the same thing.)